Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sam Allardyce sacked (ed. or not, ed ed. err yes)

Press conference tomorrow am

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Looked much more appealing when he did the Imperial Leather 'scusi' advert where he hops in the bath in his pants sighs. Yes I'm female before anyone asks again. Far too volatile.
  • Crazy decision. There squad is so poor.
    Needed to give Allardyce some cash and support for the rest of the season.
    Think they are more likely to be relegated now. Haha wet spam

I don't think signing the likes of Roger Johnson is going to get them out of trouble.

One week he's playing against Simon Church, the next he's having to mark "The Beast"!!!

Allardyce cooked his goose on Andy Carroll, absolute madness to spend so much of the budget on such an injury prone player - and then have to bring back a player you released - Carlton Cole - to fill in for him anyway.

You can't compete without strikers and West Ham have not got any.

More money? You don't have a clue what you are talking about. How much more money should they give him? Seeing that he spent 11m on jarvis, 6m on maiga, 5m on downing and 15m on carroll. I think he's had his chance to show what he can do with money.
  • Still can't see anything being reported on this?
    uncle said:

Crazy decision. There squad is so poor.

More money? You don't have a clue what you are talking about. How much more money should they give him? Seeing that he spent 11m on jarvis, 6m on maiga, 5m on downing and 15m on carroll. I think he's had his chance to show what he can do with money.
    11 million on Jarvis? Holy Shit! Didn't realize they had paid that for him.
  • C_A_F_C said:

I think he could ruin his reputation at Hammers if he goes back, his style of man managment is not great.

• Sponsored links:

• What reputation? He's done a pretty good job of that himself!
  • Bilic would be a better choice.
  • Still can't see anything being reported on this?

uncle said:

Crazy decision. There squad is so poor.

11 million on Jarvis? Holy Shit! Didn't realize they had paid that for him.
    Yes shocking isn't it, And with Joe cole, nolan and downing on 50 grand a week. Jarvis on 45 grand and carroll on 80 grand it really is proof he hasn't a clue what to do with the clubs money
  • Bilic would be a top appointment
  • Harry on his way?
  • Greenie said:

Harry on his way?

Please no

• Bilic is over rated. He's still living off a good run with Croatia at Euro 2008 and has done nothing of note since.

With Croatia he failed to even qualify for the 2010 world cup, then didn't get out of their group at Euro 2012.
    Left and went to Russia but was sacked by Lokomotiv after one season after their worst finish in 15-20 years.
    Now at Besiktas who aren't even close to challenging for the title.
  • Yeah maybe you don't want Bilic
  • Bilic is over rated. He's still living off a good run with Croatia at Euro 2008 and has done nothing of note since.

With Croatia he failed to even qualify for the 2010 world cup, then didn't get out of their group at Euro 2012.
    Left and went to Russia but was sacked by Lokomotiv after one season after their worst finish in 15-20 years.
    Now at Besiktas who aren't even close to challenging for the title.

They are 4th 4 points off 2nd place.... No one is near the leaders
  • This is not actually confirmed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Not seen a thing anywhere?
  • They've got a Championship squad and just lost to Forest with a side made up of youths / reserves pretty much and to City, which doesn't count. Everyone gets smashed by City at home.
  • edited January 2014

They've got a Championship squad and just lost to Forest with a side made up of youths / reserves pretty much and to City, which doesn't count. Everyone gets smashed by City at home.

Given the fact that "everyone gets smashed by City at home" would it not have made more sense to have a stronger team against Forest and a weaker one against City? After all, they might just as well have lost 12-0 to City because, over two legs, they were never going to get through were they?

• It is going to have to be a very strong Board of Directors who keep faith with a Manager when they lie second to bottom in the Premiership. However the contracts that Managers are given, and the fact that it probably won't stop other Clubs from appointing him lessens the blow. More than ever football is a business, it's almost true to say that the money you spend to achieve Premiership status means that relegation is a disaster. This is one reason why I think that Roland will give big attention to our Academy, and to growing a team, rather than throwing money at buying players for quick results. I liken it to advertising in a normal business where you can achieve big results quite quickly, but the minute you stop advertising you often see results slow down. I think this fellow Roland is going to be good for us, I hope I'm right. One thing I am not going to do is listen to the Belgians who come on here being critical, who knows what axe they have to grind. Get your Charlton scarf on Roland and your mug of Bovril, and show us what you can do.
  • Apparently Allardyce is something like the 13th highest paid manager in the world, won't be cheap to sack. Interesting to see where he goes next if he does leave, he'd be perfect for the West Ham job if he wasn't already there.
  • Alan Green, for once, made an interesting point last night during commentary. He said imagine West Ham were in this position with a different manager; so they sack whoever it was and if Big Sam was available he would be the ideal candidate to bring in to save them. Funny old game.

I'm sure someone else made the point to Green first......
  • Could Sullivan and Gold really give him the heave-ho just a couple of days after the dreaded vote of confidence? Could they?
  • Wouldn't put anything past that lot.
  • Riviera said:

Alan Green, for once, made an interesting point last night during commentary. He said imagine West Ham were in this position with a different manager; so they sack whoever it was and if Big Sam was available he would be the ideal candidate to bring in to save them. Funny old game.

I'm sure someone else made the point to Green first......

Journalist Michael Calvin did on BT Sports website.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/englishfootball/barclayspremierleague/west-ham-left-hoping-sam-allardyce-is-the-solution-as-well-as-the-problem-S11363864989609

• redknap in unc its a done and dusted deal