Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One Leo Messi

Could not see another Messi post and the worlds best players deserves one

On for 25 minutes today and scored 2 goals not bad after 2 months out injured

IMO Ronaldo will only win the Ballon D'or because both Messi and Ribery have had long periods out injured

The race has Officially begun goals in 2014 Messi 2-2 Ronaldo (But Messi has only played 25 minutes)

Comments

• Options
    Problem is he's not the worlds best player
  • Options
    Second goal was great - but Getafe are shite, so I'm not too excited yet. Lets see what he does against Atletico :)
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Problem is he's not the worlds best player

Who is better then him then?
  • Options

Messi over Ronaldo every day of the week.

Me too
  • Options
    I'm English and old, so I don't give a monkeys... ;-)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Ronaldo is the complete footballer, heading, tackling, dribbling, dead balls, shooting, tracking back, he has it all. Messi is the best finisher and dribbler but he relies on his teammates more than Ronaldo. Look at their records for their countries, the way Cristiano took the playoffs vs Sweden by the scruff of the neck, I haven't seen Messi do that for Argentina

How often do you watch Argentina though? Since Sabella took over, made Messi captain and gave him a free role, Messi has got 18 goals in 16 games for Argentina.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Ronaldo is the complete footballer, heading, tackling, dribbling, dead balls, shooting, tracking back, he has it all. Messi is the best finisher and dribbler but he relies on his teammates more than Ronaldo. Look at their records for their countries, the way Cristiano took the playoffs vs Sweden by the scruff of the neck, I haven't seen Messi do that for Argentina

No Messi doesn't rely on his teammates more but is a team player much more than ronaldo. Thats why I would have him in my team
  • Options
    Yep Ronaldo. He'd change games in ANY team in the world.

If you had the choice of Messi or Ronaldo coming to play right now in the championship, in our team as it is, who would you choose?
  • Options

Not sure I'd pick you too over Ronaldo, Uncle! Depends who Jonjo got his football talent from...

He got them from his dad............... Messi got his from me when I was out in the Falklands. His mum worked in the pub...
  • Options
    Messi wouldn't get a touch!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

sam3110 said:

How often do you watch Argentina though? Since Sabella took over, made Messi captain and gave him a free role, Messi has got 18 goals in 16 games for Argentina.
    Not only that, but it's also a FACT that Messi's goal to game ratio for his country is still better than Ronaldo's.

When both are at the top of their game and injury-free, no-one can touch Messi in my opinion.

And that's why Messi has won the last four Ballon d'Ors in a row. Right now though, I think Ronaldo is top dog. He's been unreal this season.

However they're both absolutely unbelievable players and I love watching them both. Glad to say I've seen both play in the flesh too.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Messi has one injury hit year and everyone forgets.

3 years previous to this one he has been leagues in front of Ronaldo.

Barca were called the best team ever because Messi was in it. They are nowhere near the team they were without him.

Two great players but Messi all day long. 18 months ago I don't think it would even be debated.
  • Options
    Ronaldo for me
  • Options
    Messi a better player but if I had to choose one player for us (!) it would be Ronaldo as he has already proved he can flourish in English football and is that bit stronger physically.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Yep Ronaldo. He'd change games in ANY team in the world.

If you had the choice of Messi or Ronaldo coming to play right now in the championship, in our team as it is, who would you choose?

Ronaldo.

Messi fails the CL height test.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Messi has one injury hit year and everyone forgets.

3 years previous to this one he has been leagues in front of Ronaldo.

Barca were called the best team ever because Messi was in it. They are nowhere near the team they were without him.

Two great players but Messi all day long. 18 months ago I don't think it would even be debated.

This
  • Options
    I know he's a winker and a diver, but it's Ronaldo for me. As said above, he has the lot.

Messi is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but Ronaldo just edges it I think.
  • Options
    For me its Messi... Yes he's got a great team around him... No he's not proved it on a cold evening in Stoke yet the bloke doesnt go around diving something that Ronaldo does and for me diving is just as bad as a cyclist taking performance drugs (both sportsman taking an unfair advantage over their opposition)

Surely if Ronaldo was so good he wouldnt NEED to dive??
  • Options
    I would pay week in week out to watch Ronaldo ..........................simples
  • Options
    Two amazing players but would have to be Ronaldo. You could play him on the wing, across the midfiled or up front. I even believe he could do a job in the back four. Think that people consider his abrasive personality when considering the question. The tax dodger is inoffensive (although not shy of the odd dive himself).
  • Options
    Ronaldo does try he's best but there's no contest, jackson Messi is the best player in the world.
  • Options
    There really is nothing between them, both are fantastic. For me though it would be Ronaldo, he could slot into any team and make them better. For me with Messi you need to build a team around him, he couldn't just slot it to any team.

I would still love to have either and I hope Messi comes to the prem before he is past his prime
  • Options
    Maybe change the thread title to 'Ronaldo or Messi?'

Ronaldo for me, FWIW.
  • Options
    The comparison between the two in the media is becoming tiresome, can we all just agree that:

Messi = World's best striker.
    Ronaldo = World's best winger.

This way we don't have to compare!
  • Options
    This Ronaldo love in has gone into the overdrive over the last couple of months, whilst Messi has been out injured.

It won't take long for Messi to put everyone back in their place.