Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who On Earth Puts Money On Jol

I know Odds are only done by what money people put on but since the start of the season the best price for next Charlton manager was Freedman at 25/1
Abut a month ago I noticed that Di Canio was into 20/1 so money had obviously gone on him then today I noticed this

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/charlton/next-permanent-manager

How has Jol suddenly come in to 12/1

Comments

• Options
    Martin Jol?
  • Options
    Because they assume RD will appoint a Belgian or Dutchman.
  • Options
    Robbie Fowler 100/1
  • Options
    What has Powell been sacked?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

What has Powell been sacked?

No. Just bookies being bookies.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    I understand that Duchalet is not particularly hot on the Belgium Flemish / French thing. Jol is Dutch and Duchalet is Belgium French, and there is no real connection there.

Martin Jol who constructed a fightless and clueless Fulham team with a shed load of cash wasted. Charlton still in relegation scrap. Jol is definitely not needed. No knowledge of the championship with someone else team, most of which are not in contract and who he would likely let go.

Got to keep Chris Powell and give him a chance with some signings to see what he can do.
  • Options
    Curbishley 33/1 as he is with every job ever.
  • Options
    I personally feel the next few weeks are going to be difficult for CP, he will be under immense pressure and I hope he gets a decent chance to prove his worth. BUT, should he go JOL, jumping Jehoshaphat no bloody thanks...My opinion, think Spanish ?
  • Options
    Ashaddick said:

I personally feel the next few weeks are going to be difficult for CP, he will be under immense pressure and I hope he gets a decent chance to prove his worth. BUT, should he go JOL, jumping Jehoshaphat no bloody thanks...My opinion, think Spanish ?

• Options

I know Odds are only done by what money people put on but since the start of the season the best price for next Charlton manager was Freedman at 25/1
    Abut a month ago I noticed that Di Canio was into 20/1 so money had obviously gone on him then today I noticed this

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/charlton/next-permanent-manager

How has Jol suddenly come in to 12/1

Somebody in the know (or thinks they are).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Dowie 33/1.
  • Options
    Martin Jol is finished in English football after the debacle at Fulham, despite having a very decent squad they looked utter gash and barely interested.
  • Options
    Another forum that shall not be named is suggesting by more than one poster that Hoddle is coming in.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Not this guy in any way shape or form. Somehow got a reputation just because he was willing to manage Portsmouth when they had shit all money and were in a crisis. Of course he would take that job if he wants to get into management. He shouldn't be given praise just because the club are struggling financially. Blackpool get conned into thinking he's an up and coming young manager, and he shows his true colours by jumping ship to Blackburn within a couple of months because he was deluded enough to think there was a foundation to build upon. Got his just desserts by picking the one club with absolute crapo's for owners....he's got no integrity and limited managerial ability.
  • Options
    Perhaps jol knows RD....
  • Options
    Shame Gary Rowett isnt on there... Doing wonders @ Burton Albion (wouldnt mind him if Powell went)
  • Options
    28-1 for the united job.
    Probably better than Moyes though
  • Options

Shame Gary Rowett isnt on there... Doing wonders @ Burton Albion (wouldnt mind him if Powell went)

That's a great shout
  • Options
    Ok he is now into 5/1 WTF
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

I understand that Duchalet is not particularly hot on the Belgium Flemish / French thing. Jol is Dutch and Duchalet is Belgium French, and there is no real connection there.

Martin Jol who constructed a fightless and clueless Fulham team with a shed load of cash wasted. Charlton still in relegation scrap. Jol is definitely not needed. No knowledge of the championship with someone else team, most of which are not in contract and who he would likely let go.

Got to keep Chris Powell and give him a chance with some signings to see what he can do.

good post your 100% right mate because look what happened last time powell signed lots of new player.....league one champions
  • Options
    Charltons next manager
  • Options
    uncle said:

Charltons next manager

we don't have your cast offs anymore the last one we had the big nose piece of shit nearly ruined us

• Options

That's a great shout
    Nah....we'd sign him on a mega bucks 10 year contract only to find out he was too sick to do the job and we'd have to pay him anyway....

joking aside, GR comes across as very articulate and he dresses very well for a northerner
  • Options
    someones probably had a quid on it driving it down to 5/1
  • Options
    Perhaps someone has heard he is to be the sporting director and as the word gets round it is confused with manager and the bookies panic!
  • Options
    i bet u barely anyone bets on this. no one would know who would take over from scp even iif he went which he won't until bayern munich are beaten 3-2 and we wi nthe championsl eague after romping to the prem title.
  • Options
    Let's not get carried away. Bet Victor are carrying odds on all Championship clubs' next managers. I'd be amazed if the odds on Jol haven't dropped because one person has popped a pound on.
  • Options
    My pal had heard a rumour from 'an ex board member' who told him to bet his house on Jol being Charlton manager in the next 10 days.

He put a tener on it. Silly sausage