Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any lifer who has an iPad with kids

Comments

• buckshee said:

Anyone more tech-minded than me know if you can get someone else to add XBMC/Kodi to your Fire by giving them your IP address from the Fire stick?

Trying to follow the instructions but my laptop is too slow downloading the android app and Kodi!

No , the laptop pushing the kodi software has to be on the same IP address as the fire stick I'm afraid
    Balls, will have to try to have a play around with the laptop!

Cheers for the answer mate.
  • buckshee said:

Anyone more tech-minded than me know if you can get someone else to add XBMC/Kodi to your Fire by giving them your IP address from the Fire stick?

Trying to follow the instructions but my laptop is too slow downloading the android app and Kodi!

No , the laptop pushing the kodi software has to be on the same IP address as the fire stick I'm afraid
    Balls, will have to try to have a play around with the laptop!

Cheers for the answer mate.
    Any joy NLL?

I've set four up for various people now. Can do one from start to finish in around half an hour with all the best stuff plus the kodi shortcut on the homescreen. Watched the Khan fight in 1080 HD earlier. Sky pop stuff should be on later.
  • edited May 2015
    No, laptop is too rubbish, hoping to get a mate to have a look at that to get it running quicker!

If you're ever by Herne over by Herne Bay/Canterbury with a laptop mate...!!
  • Buckshee, do you use addons or live TV? Which addons work best? tried phoenix for boxing tonight but streams were poor quality.
  • I used the vipbox channel for the boxing which is in the sports devil add on. There are decent instructions how to add sports devil on YouTube. That has loads of channels including first row.

I had no buffering on that at all last night. Would say the picture was equivalent to SD so not bad at all for free.

Sports devil and Vdub25 are the best sports ones at the moment I'd say.
  • going back to the original post about cartoon HD, is anyone watching anything good at the moment that they want to recommend?

it'll be for the journey to and from work but I'm off to Malta in 3 weeks so something for the plane as well.
  • All I know is that some films don't load or take forever to load
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    That was a web page from last year
  • I still use Cartoon HD but looking for something different to watch.

I have been watching the sopranos from the beginning but my journey to/from work is shorter than an episode and I have them all on dvd so wanted suggestions on something new/classic to watch
  • Have a look at this site

Www.afdah.tv

Lots of films on there
  • Off to Menorca tomorrow. Any idea if/how I can access Sky Go or Netflix from hotel wifi?
  • jamescafc said:

Off to Menorca tomorrow. Any idea if/how I can access Sky Go or Netflix from hotel wifi?

Get a VPN onto your laptop/pad..... I use Strong VPN .....you can then watch all your UK stuff like at home.

• Pak India is a good app for sport that is available as a free iPad app
  • What's a VPN and where do you get them
  • Ok so I have signed up with StrongVPN - 3 months only cost $16.

Presumably from my iPad in Spain, I can just use Sky GO and Netflix as I would from the UK?
  • On your Ipad settings click on VPN and it should be oK. The Strong VPN app on Ipad is a good one for connecting as well. You Ipad should then have an English address (London or Rugby) You can also click into a USA server which then allows access to all US sites. I've done that on occasions to get downloads such as US audible.
  • Sponsored links:

• So when I get to Spain, I simply connect to the hotel wifi, switch VPN on in the settings and then I will be able to connect to Sky GO as the VPN effectively prevents this app from realising I am accessing it from outside the UK?
  • jamescafc said:

So when I get to Spain, I simply connect to the hotel wifi, switch VPN on in the settings and then I will be able to connect to Sky GO as the VPN effectively prevents this app from realising I am accessing it from outside the UK?

Exactly.
    jamescafc said:

So when I get to Spain, I simply connect to the hotel wifi, switch VPN on in the settings and then I will be able to connect to Sky GO as the VPN effectively prevents this app from realising I am accessing it from outside the UK?

A VPN will work anywhere in the world where you can connect to a local internet.....Strong VPN have a very good customer on line chat support if you run into any problems. If you pay the basic fee you can only connect one tab at a time but I have found that once connected to Sky Go you can disconnect and it will continue to play as long as you don't change channels etc.
  • New iOS upgrade knocked out my movietube app and afdah.tv.
  • I have now started playing Showbox films from my phone onto TV. The site is easy and films are up to date - Ted 2 and Jurassic thing on there.
  • smiffyboy said:

Am I right in saying Showbox is android only

I think so - I play it out of my Samsung
  • PL54 said:

smiffyboy said:

Am I right in saying Showbox is android only

I think so - I play it out of my Samsung
    Also available on kodi
  • Movietubenow.us
  • please could anyone tell me what the latest is on this? going to Kos and want to put stuff on his iPad preferably cached?

Cheers