Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any lifer who has an iPad with kids

Comments

• Options
    I use this on my iPad now http://homecinema.mobi/ and stream it through AppleTV onto the telly
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

I use this on my iPad now http://homecinema.mobi/ and stream it through AppleTV onto the telly

Stopped working for me. Is it still going for anyone else?
  • Options
    Works fine for me my boys watching a film now
  • Options
    Looks like it has been shut down for Apple products. Found this on Facebook a:

Home Cinema
    24 January at 03:15 ·
    Apple shutdown this app and we have no idea for IOS frown emoticon
    Like · Comment · 429
  • Options
    Mine is still working perfect on my ipad and iphone
  • Options
    I got it working the other week by resetting the date on the iPad and all fine but then gone again.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Mine is still working perfect on my ipad and iphone

Mine was until I did the latest Apple software update. Might be that that caused it but if you go to the link http://homecinema.mobi/ it now only offers Android download
  • Options
    Maybe I haven't updated mine, it's stopped on my daughters iphone
  • Options
    My mums original cartoon hd is back working although the version I have doesn't
  • Options
    Movietube
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or just get Xbox/kodi and you can watch stacks of these kind of things plus all the live sports including 3pm Saturday matches.

Apparently the new Amazon fire stick does the job and is only £35
  • Options
    Mine is working fine
  • Options
    Flixanity.tv
  • Options
    I brought an Amazon fire stick a couple of weeks back for £35 which you can add xbmc to so you can watch all the live sport and pretty much any movie in HD for free. Works great and I've noticed today that Argos and Amazon have reduced them to £25.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I brought an Amazon fire stick a couple of weeks back for £35 which you can add xbmc to so you can watch all the live sport and pretty much any movie in HD for free. Works great and I've noticed today that Argos and Amazon have reduced them to £25.

What does it do ?
  • Options
    It plugs into the hdmi on your tv and once you add xbmc to it (loads of clips on YouTube showing you how , dead easy) then you can watch hundreds and hundreds of movies for free plus all the UK sports channels and stacks of foreign ones.

• Options
    What's xbmc ?
  • Options
    Anyone know of a cheap tablet that would run that?

Nothing fancy would just want it for films etc to keep the kids happy in the car.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

It plugs into the hdmi on your tv and once you add xbmc to it (loads of clips on YouTube showing you how , dead easy) then you can watch hundreds and hundreds of movies for free plus all the UK sports channels and stacks of foreign ones.

Hundreds of old movies or new movies - I have an Amazon Prime account so is this different ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @buckshee can you paste a link of the best one to buy. I looked on Amazon what is the £79 a year subscription. Also is it literally plug the thing into the tele and I will have access to every sports and movies channel there is. Sorry pretty stupid when it comes to things like this. Cheers
  • Options
    Just Google Amazon Fire Stick mate, first result I think, £25.
  • Options
    Stupid question - I already have a smart TV with Netflix/iPlayer/Amazon Prime etc. So is the only advantage of buying an Amazon Fire Stick that I can install xbmc?

Assume you can't install xbmc direct on to a smart tv?
  • Options
    If you install xbmc you don't pay for the stacks of films on sport and TV series on there. Everything from old stuff to the very latest Releases.
  • Options
    You can buy the fire stick "fully loaded" on eBay with everything already set up ready to go but they ain't that difficult to do. I'm hardly a computer genius but I did mine in about an hour from scratch.
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options
    I just went on YouTube to see how easy it would be and had to check several times if the man was speaking the same language as me.
  • Options
    Isn't it called Kodi now?

I have no idea how it works btw, can some explain.

Does XBMC/Kodi work by searching for all streams/films/torrents on any website
    or
    are do the 'faux-owners-uploaders / servers' that hold this data set up to present themselves to be found by Kodi.... whilst others aren't?
  • Options
    Anyone more tech-minded than me know if you can get someone else to add XBMC/Kodi to your Fire by giving them your IP address from the Fire stick?

Trying to follow the instructions but my laptop is too slow downloading the android app and Kodi!
  • Options

Anyone more tech-minded than me know if you can get someone else to add XBMC/Kodi to your Fire by giving them your IP address from the Fire stick?

Trying to follow the instructions but my laptop is too slow downloading the android app and Kodi!

No , the laptop pushing the kodi software has to be on the same IP address as the fire stick I'm afraid