Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatelet's company Staprix NV....

Any knowledge in time to be housed here.

Is he the sole / lead financial player in this ?

Is anyone else financially involved ?

Comments

• Options
    Oui
  • Options
    The company itself is rated as "high-risk" - someone with more nous than me could maybe analyse the attached.
  • Options
    An interview with Roland shortly before(i think?) acquiring FC Xarl Zeiss

Roland Duchatelet wants to enter at FC Carl Zeiss Jena. Photo: Tino Zippel
    Why do you want the FC Carl Zeiss Jena enter?

Honestly that's gone a bit funny. Our Chief Financial Officer of X-Fab , Chris Forester , Has reported to me that Jena Worry has to build a stadium. He knew about our stadium project Sint-Truiden and has been with Rainer tip invited to attend. So I met the president. Later, the idea was born, also in Jena to invest.

Have you ever had before the name FC Carl Zeiss Jena heard?

Previously there were games in the European Cup against my current club standard Liege - But that was long ago. Chris Forester speaks to me for years every time I see him on the FC Carl Zeiss of.

Why did not the FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt demand, which already plays a higher league?

So that's just with relationships. Erfurt would have been an option. But on the other hand, we have a company in Erfurt . Since it is not bad, something else in Jena build.

How much money you want to give the club?

We bring two million euro a into the capital. But I am aware that more money is needed for higher goals. We have therefore agreed that, in addition there is a loan of four million euros available to necessary further investments.

These loans bear interest at two per cent per annum and to be repaid from 2023. Do you believe, ever get back the money invested?

I reckon so already. Most clubs in Europe play to win - cost what it may. This is wrong. Successful companies invest a lot of money leaders on football teams and have to sell their factories, because the money runs out. That's the wrong way. The aim must be, with football not to lose money. Clubs must try to use the money as well.

What do you hope the investment in the Ostthüringer soccer regional league?

We estimate that it may take five or six years, until the club comes into the second Bundesliga. Football is not always predictable, but also has something to do with luck. Of course it is important to win, but that's not the only thing that matters. Football should be a place of encounter. It's important that families go together to the football.

Where do you see synergies between your clubs?

For good Jena players new perspectives. You may be able to play in a club, where they exploit their opportunities better. Young players of standard Liege Who still have no chance to play in the first team, can in Jena gather the experience to play against real men. Moreover, it is for me a part of the training, to learn foreign languages. A professional football player who does not speak several languages, will never make a great career.

For standard Liege You are the sole owner. How do you get clear in Jena do not even get half of the voting?

Jena can be in our network in the perspective of an important club. I hope it will go well with the local leadership to realize this goal.

Will you engage in its business operations?

I try as much as possible to delegate. Nevertheless, I still have enough tasks. But I like to bring up my thoughts.

Know the City Jena ?

I admire how East Germany has developed. This is amazing. I never thought that in such a short time instead finds such a metamorphosis. The people there love life, and football is a part of it.

Jena wants to build a new football stadium. Are you ready for an investor?

I have already invested in various stages and no desire in Jena to build a stadium. But if I can help with plans, I am ready.

What should you look for?

Jena needs a convention center - as you can but the same a few seating for football with reinbauen. A stadium must be multifunctional. In Sint-Truiden We use the lodges only 20 times a year for a few hours for football. Therefore, we count the spaces in the week as a bedroom for a hotel. The massage rooms we rent to therapists.

Come on Sunday to the General Assembly?

No. I plan unfortunately something else.

What do you say, if the members refuse to enter?

My life will not change if they say no. It is dear to me, when they say the same No, instead of complaining later about my commitment.

If the entry succeeds: What should the FC Carl Zeiss first invest?

A number of players are needed to create the climb. The first is the most important thing.

See also possibilities to the seven points behind?

The big game has won the team. Let's see what else goes.

View the Jena games on TV?

No. But I have a USB flash drive to get to the games. I give it to our analysis department for evaluation. In addition, we have a good scouting department - this data can Jena fall back immediately to find good players.

Standing at some point Jena and Liege back in the European Cup over?

That's a long way to go. One must not forget that the qualification for international business, is in Germany become more difficult than it was in GDR times. So one step at a time: First of all, must Jena back in the second Bundesliga.
  • Options
    "Roland Duchatelet wants to enter at FC Carl Zeiss Jena"

Mmmmatron!
  • Options
    Have to admit I agree with this part of the Interview... too often in Football these days money is just thrown at a club without any thought which in the long run to cause problems... Although FFP has been brought in to curb that it seems that Roland wont do anything stupid to get instant success

I reckon so already. Most clubs in Europe play to win - cost what it may. This is wrong. Successful companies invest a lot of money leaders on football teams and have to sell their factories, because the money runs out. That's the wrong way. The aim must be, with football not to lose money. Clubs must try to use the money as well.

As for the part about having to sell... Well we're not Man City / Man Utd so we'll always be a selling club
  • Options
    Interesting concept of a "network" of clubs. Rather than having just emotion invested in a single football club he sees the need to run football on sensible business lines. More than one club equals diversification of risk for Staprix' investments.

You can see the potential for clashes with fans because with this business model he might be diverting funds between clubs for short term emergencies or where needed for the best long term return. If we became cash flow positive would we be happy to see money transferred too Standard Liege rather than to strengthen our squad?

Hopefully an English club getting Premiership status has far greater potential return than elsewhere, so we should be net gainers I think. Could develop into an interesting relationship with our sister subsidiary clubs.

Could easily see him selling out for a profit at the right price, he is not a mega rich owner.
  • Options
    WSS said:

The company itself is rated as "high-risk" - someone with more nous than me could maybe analyse the attached.

Perhaps Airman could encourage Kleinman to have a look at this?

As well as being rated 'high risk' from a credit point of view, in it's listed accounts 'PROFIT BEFORE TAX', 'NET WORTH', and 'WORKING CAPITAL' are all (substantial) negative values?

• Options
    micks1950 said:

WSS said:

As well as being rated 'high risk' from a credit point of view, in it's listed accounts 'PROFIT BEFORE TAX', 'NET WORTH', and 'WORKING CAPITAL' are all (substantial) negative values?
    I just had a quick look at the report and indeed it doesn't look good at all,especially with the working capital of a negative -30M something.The stats are from 2010-2012 but I don't expect the situation to be significantly improved in 2013.
  • Options
    The OS describes Staprix NV as "an investment vehicle with several football-related interests." If it's just the company through which Duchatelet funds his football clubs, then surely its books are going to look bad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its started already , the bloke has only owned the club for 2 hours and you all dig into the deepest depths
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

its started already , the bloke has only owned the club for 2 hours and you all dig into the deepest depths

and so we should.
  • Options
    give the bloke a chance for f@~k sake
  • Options
    He will be using the losses from Staprix against other income in the Group of companies so it will be used against his other profitable concerns, Engineering etc
  • Options
    Gillis said:

The OS describes Staprix NV as "an investment vehicle with several football-related interests." If it's just the company through which Duchatelet funds his football clubs, then surely its books are going to look bad?

Fair point.Hope you're right.The term 'shell corporation' springs to mind...
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

out of interest mate, what's here that's not about giving him a chance ? There must have been a thousand posts already on here today, how many would you interpret as being unsupportive ?

• Options
    barstool said:

He will be using the losses from Staprix against other income in the Group of companies so it will be used against his other profitable concerns, Engineering etc

Depends on the local rules, but you can generally only offset loses from the same sort of "trade" - which engineering and football clubs are not!
  • Options
    barstool said:

He might.

But it seems to me to be well worth seeing if someone like Kleinman can at least cast his eyes over this structure of ownership?
  • Options
    AFKA

my comment was for bedsaddick.
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

AFKA

my comment was for bedsaddick.

Any involvement in this move IMB?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

barstool said:

Depends on the local rules, but you can generally only offset loses from the same sort of "trade" - which engineering and football clubs are not!
    local rules do allow in Belgium
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

This....
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

Yeah, come on everyone. We should go into this with our eyes shut and as ignorant as possible.
  • Options
    The accounts do not worry me, once you add Charltons results in next year they should see a huge improvement ;-)
  • Options
    Interesting reading

micks1950 said:

WSS said:

I just had a quick look at the report and indeed it doesn't look good at all,especially with the working capital of a negative -30M something.The stats are from 2010-2012 but I don't expect the situation to be significantly improved in 2013.

micks1950 said:

WSS said:

Is staprix more like a bank that loans money to companies that can't afford to return it? That's its future projections?

Oi douch if you didn't have a self sustainable business via your electronic company, how the hell will you produce better results upon football clubs?

Seems a bit backwards to me

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Dave2l said:

Interesting reading

micks1950 said:

WSS said:

micks1950 said:

WSS said:

Is staprix more like a bank that loans money to companies that can't afford to return it? That's its future projections?

Oi douch if you didn't have a self sustainable business via your electronic company, how the hell will you produce better results upon football clubs?

Seems a bit backwards to me

This is just the holding company for his football clubs and maybe some other bits and pieces. He has a separate holding company for his major electronics businesses, which are doing very well, thank you. One reported a 20% profit after tax last year.

I'm no expert, but I would expect the cash situation of a business like Staprix to fluctuate drastically as he buys and sells clubs. For example, the rise in value of the company between 2010 and 2011 from 26 million to 69 million presumably reflects the purchase of Standard Liege in June 2011.
  • Options
    Forget all this crap. Just take your Staprix and fuck off back to Belgium.