Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• cafc1263 said:

I will in due course but I can't today but when you here the name of the other people you will wonder why

Why didn't these seriously loaded people buy the club then ? A few millions in loan obligations would be chicken feed to these alleged characters. The club has been up for sale for years. If they were serious about the club, then the deal could have been quickly completed. All the talk is immaterial now that the deal is completed. It is just what ifs. I am not sure what the point of bringing it all up now is, particularly the I can't do it today tease.

Am happy that the immediate threat to the future of the club seems to have been lifted. Trust is earned and will see how Duchalet works out. Giving Chris Powell a proper chance with some players he wants will help. A plan to build the youth set up to category A would be excellent.

• Good to see David White seeming to imply Chris Powell will time in this window to sign some players

This is on twitter
  • cafc999 said:

could cafc1263 be talking about Peter Varney and Qatari money..??

It's good but it's not right ;0)

• Good news, you now have till the end of the season mr Powell to change my opinion on how you set up your teams to play football, not a lover i admit but hope you get time to prove me wrong
  • anyone with serious money would've done it, anyone with serious money thinking about it are full of hot air and baloney
  • edited January 2014
    Another person I would like to see stay is Paul Hart, running the Academy.

For me the priorities is signing up the players that we want for next season, getting in players for this season and investing in the pitch, both short term remedial work (if it is possible) and for next season.

Not sure if I was him if I would give an immediate contract to CP, but see how he goes and maybe make a decision in mid March.

It would be nice if the Barnsley program had a notice of intent, but I won't hold my breath
  • Barnsley is gonna be a

P.A.R.T.Y
  • Kap10 said:

For me the priorities is signing up the players that we want for next season, getting in players for this season and investing in the pitch, both short term remedial work (if it is possible) and for next season.

Not sure if I was him if I would give an immediate contract to CP, but see how he goes and maybe make a decision in mid March.

It would be nice if the Barnsley program had a notice of intent, but I won't hold my breath

Hiring one of those 'Whale' thingies and purchasing a decent set of covers would probably be a good start - that and buying Paddy a new fork handle.

• On the SLP only. Nothing official? I'll leave it thanks. Probably a last minute ploy to weed the REAL money men out.
  • No chance of any grass growing again for another few months, either the existing or new turf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

....that and buying Paddy a new fork handle.

• All these young 'talents' coming our way to be greeted by a 'pitch' of mud and can't play the football they'll want to.. If the new owners not pitching in to fix a nice green lawn then I'm starting up a fund myself
  • Sorry, but I hope that this report is somebody jumping the gun again.

I'm sure he's nice fella and all, but I don't want Mr Duchatalet running our club - he's already got his hands full running the other twenty seven. And I don't want any Liege cast-offs, either.

Hopefully someone serious will save us.

***prays***
  • Sorry, but I hope that this report is somebody jumping the gun again.

I'm sure he's nice fella and all, but I don't want Mr Duchatalet running our club - he's already got his hands full running the other twenty seven. And I don't want any Liege cast-offs, either.

Hopefully someone serious will save us.

***prays***

I see beggars can be choosers
  • At least we should be able to get in a couple of much needed players! That's good news in my book.
  • edited January 2014

All these young 'talents' coming our way to be greeted by a 'pitch' of mud and can't play the football they'll want to.. If the new owners not pitching in to fix a nice green lawn then I'm starting up a fund myself

They're starting up a fund at Standard Liege too.

I hope that this isn't us in the future:

http://vimeo.com/70124964
  • My boss is (a) Belgian & (b) a Standard Liege fan - first time I have had a chance to talk to him today since news of the deal broke.

Not sure I like the sound of Mr. D

• Swisdom said:

Liege are top of the league and no longer in debt

I'd like some of that please

yes yes and yes if only we had a like button

• I could translate these videos but it would take a while. Suffice to say that they don't like Duchatelet at all and so the supporters are raising money to buy the club.

If anyone asks me to then I will translate at least some of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's probably just as well the Oxford game is likely to be postponed, it would be a shame for Roland's first game as owner to be in front of 6000 people!
  • Yes please Jimmy
  • Don't think Mr. Duchatelet is the quiet shy retiring low profile type. I think he's going to be an interesting and controversial owner who divides opinion and does things his way or the highway. If he can stabilise CAFC and move us forward I'm happy with that. We know his money is legit and I'm sure he has a plan that doesn't include seeing us get worse. Let's give the bloke a fair crack shall we.
  • Sounds Mike Ashleyish to me and despite protests from the Geordies - they're actually doing ok.
  • Regarding the pitch, did I not read somewhere that our RD is a fan of articial pitches? Maybe he could move us to the local Goals until the end of the season.
  • Actually the furore going on at Standard Liege may be to our advantage. They seem to have given him so much stick that he seems resigned to selling the club to the fans. Perhaps he's decided that he may be b

http://www.rtl.be/videos/video/448196.aspx
  • Wow, interesting
  • So we aren't relocating to Ebbsfleet just yet then?