Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options

Cue the usual suspects claiming they heard it was done last night/this morning.

The only person who seems to have called it was the guy on ITTV. Assuming it wasn't a lucky guess he deserves some cudos for the scoop.

• Options
    and the usual suspects claiming there was a queue of billionaires wanting it...

• Options
    this
  • Options
    While the talk from fans of the clubs that are owned by Mr Duchatelet is not altogether positive, the natural optimist within me feels that we are a completely different proposition to his other clubs.

The club is nigh-on unsustainable in this league, while the potential rewards from the Premier League are too great for a new owner to ignore. This is not the case for his other clubs in the Belgian second division and the German fourth division. What happens with both us and Standard Liege remains to be seen. Can Standard's success in Belgium be continued while funding another club?

If he is to 'go for it' then it's likely we will need a manager who has a record of moulding a squad containing several new faces, building a solid team spirit within it and creating a happy Valley. Anyone know of a manager capable of this sort of thing, with a love for the club similar to that of us fans watching?

Sign SCP up Roland!
  • Options
    I didn't believe it was gonna happen but now there's a new thread? Must be happening this time then. Plus I 'bumped into' Richard Murray outside the ground the other day and he confirmed it. So yeah, definitely be done by Saturday you watch.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    As far as I can see. if this chap didn't buy it, considering it falling through before...twice... it may very well have been our deathrattle. And some want us to believe there was people qeueing up?

I feel happy and hopeful.
  • Options
    History could be upon us...
  • Options

The only person who seems to have called it was the guy on ITTV. Assuming it wasn't a lucky guess he deserves some cudos for the scoop.

Yeah agreed. That angeldust fella knows his onions.
  • Options
    Assuming it's all going ahead, there are some tough decisions ahead. I am with the majority that would like to see Powell's contract renewed but when you come to the players it is a tougher call. There's general agreement that the squad needs to be improved. By definition, this means that some players will be moved on and others will get new contracts, but that's easier than it sounds. I feel that this is a tight squad and we should be ready for some ins and outs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Been one of Powells biggest critics yet I feel he deserves and has earnt the right to be given a chance with some money behind him, but I honestly don't think he will. Think Roland will appoint his own bloke.

I've got a lot of respect for you for saying that matey, I've read your posts and never agreed with them - but it takes balls to then come out and be fair enough to say that.

I hope you're wrong about Roland bringing in his own bloke though. Will be much happier when the gaffer has a new contract.
  • Options
    I reckon @AFKABartram was ITK, that's why he opened this fresh thread in readiness. Nice one boss :0) Oh and if and when it appears on the OS, welcome RD.
  • Options
    Thanks tone, Micky and casho!

Thank you for saving our club, thank you for getting us out of league one and thank you for leaving!!!!

Boomshakalaka we are gonna be a real football club again!!!!

• Options

Well if it was true he was in the offices today and it was all wrapped up, I'm sure there were quite a few who contribute frequently to these threads that did know but for whatever reason known to themselves, didn't say anything.
  • Options
    FACT? Yoohoo
  • Options
    Don't really know lot about this guy. So not sure what exactly what to think about this but without fresh investment we were heading to some serious difficult times. Hopefully this has ended that worry. Will hold judgement to see what they do in this transfer window regarding players and staff contracts.
  • Options
    It's daft comparing Roland with Vincent Tan, this is a guy who knows football, and more to the point European football. He's run a club successfully, so has a track record of making good decisions.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Muscles, chips and leffe at half time then!

Muscles? Each to their own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't really know lot about this guy. So not sure what exactly what to think about this but without fresh investment we were heading to some serious difficult times. Hopefully this has ended that worry. Will hold judgement to see what they do in this transfer window regarding players and staff contracts.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/58653/new-article-roland-duchatelet-fact-or-fiction/p1
  • Options

Well if it was true he was in the offices today and it was all wrapped up, I'm sure there were quite a few who contribute frequently to these threads that did know but for whatever reason known to themselves, didn't say anything.
    I just didn't like to say, what with all the previous furore.
  • Options
    to those of you concerned by CPs comments on contracts after the Ipswich game - he was saying exactly the same last November when I asked him about his contract renewal.
  • Options

Seems like the ITV boys got the scoop.

Happy that it would appear that we have a new start.
  • Options
    Pending official confirmation, I think this has to be cautiously treated as good news.

Whether or not TJ/MS & co are leaving the club has been left in a better position than when they took over is debatable. It's true we are 10 places and one division higher in the league and the academy also is better equipped and funded than it was but debts have not really been reduced or controlled and the cracks are starting to show off the field - the pitch and contracts situation being two high profile ones along with mass exodus of long serving employees and other little gripes like some concessions bars not being open for games and pennies being so tightly pinched that we plan on closing 2/3 of the ground for Saturday's game.

Overall, I think we can say we are better off, but only slightly and we have certainly gone backwards since last season's excellent performance (at least on the field) but we had all hoped (and to an extent were led by TJ/MS to expect) much more.

The good news is we're still here and still at the Valley. We'll have to wait and see what RD has in mind for us. Personally I'm cautiously optimistic but in truth know very little about him. As plenty have said, if by the end of the season we have a squad in which our best players are on long(ish) term contracts, CP is set to manage us for the foreseeable future, are still in the Championship and have a pitch not a paddy field then his early tenure will have been a roaring success.
  • Options
    If I have read cafc1263 snippets correctly over the last few weeks, I'm guessing he was involved with another potential bid (I'm guessing as an introducee / intermediary). I'm sure when the dust settles we will all be fascinated to know more, but it may be best to all concerned if the dust was allowed to settle first.
  • Options
    redsek said:

cafc1263 said:

Davo55 said:

1, It's been up for sale for bloody yonks

2. TJ and Slater/Cash would not turn their back on serious money if it truly was about to materialise

On that basis I would say it's a case of taking the only serious offer on the table.

If only you knew
    Sorry, but do shut up.
    I'd rather he "put up" to be honest. If there was a better offer actually on the table rather than just waiting for us to go belly up and pick us up on the cheap, what were the drawbacks that meant the board weren't going for it?
  • Options
    could cafc1263 be talking about Peter Varney and Qatari money..??