Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

I don't want to be that guy, the one who pisses on a parade. And generally I'm quite the optimist if you read my posts.

But I felt so excited when I saw those tweets from RC and the SLP.

Then I saw these quotes from Powell, apparently lifted from CAFC Player - and honestly? Not sure I care anywhere near as much as I did 5 minutes ago.

Until I know CP has a new contract then I can't say I'll be celebrating too much.

'What will be will be, I have a love and passion for this club there can be no doubt about that, I love managing this club'

'I like managing and I want to manage here but we've got to see what the future holds,'

'I want my players sorted, I want my staff sorted, and whatever happens with me happens'

Sorry to pee on your chips guys.

Richard Cawley

@RichCawleySLP: Believe that Roland Duchatelet is in country now. Got a number of things on his to-do list. Not least contracts of staff and players.

Sounds positive
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I don't want to be that guy, the one who pisses on a parade. And generally I'm quite the optimist if you read my posts.

But I felt so excited when I saw those tweets from RC and the SLP.

Then I saw these quotes from Powell, apparently lifted from CAFC Player - and honestly? Not sure I care anywhere near as much as I did 5 minutes ago.

Until I know CP has a new contract then I can't say I'll be celebrating too much.

'What will be will be, I have a love and passion for this club there can be no doubt about that, I love managing this club'

'I like managing and I want to manage here but we've got to see what the future holds,'

'I want my players sorted, I want my staff sorted, and whatever happens with me happens'

Sorry to pee on your chips guys.

When you listen to the interview, which is on CAFC Player, it doesn't come across as bad as it looks on paper. To me, it came across as Powell simply saying he did not know whether he would be given a new contract and we will all just need to wait. Taken alongside his comments that he had not spoken to Duchatelet, that makes sense.

No need to panic.... yet!
  • Options
    All I would say guys if this deal is done we have missed out on some serious money for our club that would have been mind blowing.
  • Options

I refer you all back to the observations made by the Belgian geezer - none of which seemed particularly like this guy was good news. If I were you lot, I'd reserve judgement for at least a few months to see how the land lies. I'm not convinced that this takeover is in the best interests of Charlton Athletic.

Nice of you to care about our great club.
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

All I would say guys if this deal is done we have missed out on some serious money for our club that would have been mind blowing.

You have to say why.
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

From who
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    cafc1263 said:

Care to expand on that CAFC1263? Or do you mean the Joshua Marsh guy? Intrigued of Eynsford!

• Options
    cafc1263 said:

I can't believe that TJ and MS would take this deal if there was a bigger deal on the table.
  • Options
    Crickey , too many cryptic clues.... its like an episode of Sherlock.
  • Options
    Will we get something official tonight on the website I wonder?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think this race ended one lap too early. On the other hand let's hear what Roland has to say.
  • Options
    I will in due course but I can't today but when you here the name of the other people you will wonder why
  • Options
    This is great news, with TJ and MS at the helm we were going no where but league one (either relegation or administration). Hopefully this will mean Championship football again next year and who knows maybe a push for the Premier League the season after!

COYR
  • Options
    Great news. Can only be a good thing for us at the present moment. Lets hope for some positive outcomes re: contracts in the next few weeks and a push away from the relegation scrap we were heading for
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I refer you all back to the observations made by the Belgian geezer - none of which seemed particularly like this guy was good news. If I were you lot, I'd reserve judgement for at least a few months to see how the land lies. I'm not convinced that this takeover is in the best interests of Charlton Athletic.

Maybe, maybe not but although he's an unknown to us all what we did/do know is that currently our club is basically on it's backside financially leaving us with the very real threat of administration. There are some on here who think it's a legitimate tactic to clear the decks and start again. Personally I think it's a pretty classless, scummy thing to do to a whole host of small businesses who might be taken under while the football club continues to exists and starts racking up debts again.

...and it's still not on the official site.
  • Options
    The fact that we are not going to be run into the ground and stagnate with no money for current players contracts let alone future players is cause to celebrate. We are safe as a club if this news is true.
  • Options
    Given the reported financial scenario, if this is true I feel we can say the peninsular is about as imminent as Boris Island Airport.
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

I will in due course but I can't today but when you here the name of the other people you will wonder why

Vincent Tan has a lot of money - not that I'd want him running us.

• Options
    cafc1263 said:

1, It's been up for sale for bloody yonks

2. TJ and Slater/Cash would not turn their back on serious money if it truly was about to materialise

On that basis I would say it's a case of taking the only serious offer on the table.
  • Options
    I'm a little with luckyreds here, I'll relax when SCP has his contract , glad we've finally been bought though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc1263 said:

Oh go on... Lakshmi Mittal, the Sultan of Brunei?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Have the SLP never been wrong about anything? I'd wait for an official word before cracking open the Kwak.
  • Options
    Been one of Powells biggest critics yet I feel he deserves and has earnt the right to be given a chance with some money behind him, but I honestly don't think he will. Think Roland will appoint his own bloke.
  • Options
    Meet the new boss......

I say it now, I give it less than 3 months before people are complaining about player quality, 6 months until disillusionment with the way the club is run, 12 months until takeover rumors start. And finally within 2 years we will have been sold again with an even more uncertain future.
  • Options
    Knew that was him in the Belgian plated Renault Laguna estate on the autoroute, northbound!

Don't thank me now, just get me a lime and soda in Lib next tine I'm over...
  • Options
    Looks like the site peaked with 643 + 394 guests!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

cafc1263 said:

1, It's been up for sale for bloody yonks

2. TJ and Slater/Cash would not turn their back on serious money if it truly was about to materialise

On that basis I would say it's a case of taking the only serious offer on the table.
    If only you knew
  • Options
    Cue the usual suspects claiming they heard it was done last night/this morning.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

If its done then thanks to ms and tj for leaving us in a better position than when you found us.

ValleyGary doesn't seem to be on at the moment, so on his behalf I'd like to say 'This'.