Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014

I don't know. The view inside the club has been that it is happening since last week - I'm told he met Chris Powell - which is why you got the done deal stories. However, there were still hurdles to jump, including RBS. There is also one other party banging on the door. I would not be surprised if it was announced imminently, but equally ...

That is one long tour of The Valley - has he been stuck in the Museum for 5 days ?

Airman is clearly online now - so I would say to him that if you know the Belgian has had a tour of the Valley , please don't post on this thread. Nobody can get in trouble that way and we can read what is happening. If you don't know or know he hasn't had a tour, please post something which doesn't mention this here. I'll get my straight jacket now!!!

• Options
    It's all gone very quiet...
  • Options
    I thought Kevin Nolan did all the Valley tours.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

PL54 said:

I don't know. The view inside the club has been that it is happening since last week - I'm told he met Chris Powell - which is why you got the done deal stories. However, there were still hurdles to jump, including RBS. There is also one other party banging on the door. I would not be surprised if it was announced imminently, but equally ...

That is one long tour of The Valley - has he been stuck in the Museum for 5 days ?

Probably met Henry.
    Nah otherwise he would have posted at least some of the answers to the 6 key questions :-)
  • Options

PL54 said:

Probably met Henry.
    Told you that in confidence ; - (
  • Options
    I recon an anouncement will be made CoP tomorrow
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Place your bets now. What number Takeover Thread will we be on when it finally happens?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The takeover gets closer which each new thread that's created... maybe we should speed up the takeover by creating a new takeover thread as often as possible?
  • Options

Airman is clearly online now - so I would say to him that if you know the Belgian has had a tour of the Valley , please don't post on this thread. Nobody can get in trouble that way and we can read what is happening. If you don't know or know he hasn't had a tour, please post something which doesn't mention this here. I'll get my straight jacket now!!!

But that would be a genuine and serious response, so he should post it? I can't keep up with the new rules.

That picture used to have seven or eight other people in it. I wonder what happened to them?

• Options
    Got told Sunday that he has handshaked the deal but signed nothing. I know when your dealing with millions handshakes mean nothing to some people but to me if I handshake that is enough.
  • Options

Got told Sunday that he has handshaked the deal but signed nothing. I know when your dealing with millions handshakes mean nothing to some people but to me if I handshake that is enough.

It used to yesteryear in the square mile followed by 'my word is my bond'.
  • Options

Hope he washed his hands ;-))
  • Options
    I'm having page 3 stig!

Oi oi!

• Options
    RedChaser said:

It used to yesteryear in the square mile followed by 'my word is my bond'.
    Dictum Meum Pactum
  • Options
    Whenever it comes I am sure Stig has an appropriate graphic poised for upload. ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That picture used to have seven or eight other people in it. I wonder what happened to them?

Chippy, is the chap who had handshaked on the deal ? There is a person who would not be having any difficulties with previous old board demands !
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 56s

South London Press has been told that Roland Duchatelet takeover has been completed. More on our website shortly. #cafc
  • Options
    this takeover thread has only gone and done it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well well. Got to be better than what we have but will need to be convinced that he is the answer to our problems. Other people rumoured seemed more exciting. If true i look forward to the Bromley Addicks/Richard Murray even more this year.
  • Options
    From SLP

Roland Duchatelet completes Charlton takeover
    Thursday, 02 January 2014

By Richard Cawley and Toby Porter
    BELGIAN millionaire Roland Duchatelet has completed his takeover of Charlton Athletic.
    The South London Press understands from sources on the Addicks board that they are now under new ownership.
    And Duchatelet has paid nearer to £20million for the club - not the £14m that has been widely reported.
    It ends an uncertain period for the Championship club, with the promise of player arrivals to boost Chris Powell's squad.
    The South London Press had been told that Duchatelet has plans to act quickly in the transfer window. He already owns Standard Liege in his native Belgium, purchasing them in 2011.
    Charlton had previously been in detailed discussions with American sports mogul Joshua Harris, only for him to withdraw after conducting due diligence.
    But the Addicks confirmed recently that they were in advanced discussions with Duchatelet. And he has now bought the club, who are three points above the Championship relegation zone.
  • Options
    Phew
  • Options
    According to Belgian ( gossip) press the deal is settled and the first players are being chosen to be loaned out. Ajdarevic and Biton. Defensive midfielder and striker. None of wich are, in my opinion, good enough for the championship. You might know Faris Haroun. Ajdarevic is a lesser version of him.
  • Options
    Hurry up official announcement!!!