Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Ipswich Town Match Thread 1.1.14

Afternoon all and Happy New Year to everyone, I hope the hangovers are not too bad!! So a new year and hopefully a new start for the addicks, lots of conjecture about takeovers from Belgium's to Yanks to Russians with Chinese money and even an unnamed European outfit.............well for today lets forget all that stuff and hope and pray that CP can get his troops to get us 3 points, which are desperately needed, with or without any takeover!!
I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them................COYR's

Comments

• Options

Afternoon all and Happy New Year to everyone, I hope the hangovers are not too bad!! So a new year and hopefully a new start for the addicks, lots of conjecture about takeovers from Belgium's to Yanks to Russians with Chinese money and even an unnamed European outfit.............well for today lets forget all that stuff and hope and pray that CP can get his troops to get us 3 points, which are desperately needed, with or without any takeover!!
    I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them................COYR's

This x10.
    Happy New Year Red
  • Options
    Happy New Year everyone!
  • Options
    Happy new year all, rumours that Solly, Wiggins and Sordell all start today...
  • Options
    Early today. Thanks Red. Happy New Year to all Lifers from Dublin.
  • Options
    I'll think I'll start 2014 as I mean to go on..........can only see 1 result, 3-1 to the Tractor boys.
  • Options
    2-1 loss
  • Options
    Happy New Year All. Not confident today. Mind you, had it been a home fixture it would have been off.........
  • Options
    Are you with us today RM?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    seth plum said:

Are you with us today RM?

Yes mate here today....not here on Saturday though as out for the day...but only FA cup which we don't compete in anyway!!! LOL

• Options
    Solly plays as does Wiggy and Sordell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JJ, Evina and Church on the bench
  • Options
    Strong line up today
  • Options
    OK. First and foremost massive respect to the travelling fans schlepping up there in the driving rain.
    Secondly, apologies in advance for any typos and errors, and slowness in updates from me.
    Thirdly I will attempt to update from an Ipswich Town perspective, the usual 'as others see us' point of view.
    All bets are off if their commentary is as bad as ours, might as well update from our feed.
    Hopefully the speedy PaddyP17 will put in an appearance today, to update from whichever perspective is needed.
  • Options
    Alnwick; Wiggins, Solly, Wood, Morrison(c); Wilson, Stewart, Cousins, Stephens; Sordell, Kermorgant
  • Options
    subs: Hamer, Evina, Dervite, Jackson, Church, Pritchard, Cook
  • Options
    Gerken, Chambers, Berra, Smith, Cresswell, Anderson, Skuse, Tunnicliffe, Tabb, Murphy, Taylor
    SUBS: Loach, Mings, Edwards, Hyam, Wordsworth, Nouble, McGoldrick
  • Options
    The line up looks balanced. Hope Stewart will know about his responsibilities, firstly to unlock doors, secondly to help Wiggy out a bit, especially as Wiggy has had no sleep whatsoever recently!
  • Options
    Thats our strongest eleven I reckon with a possible question mark over Sordell although this is his chance to show the doubters (myself included I wont lie) what he can do up front with Kermorgant.

Good to have Hamer back and am glad he's not gone straight back into the side - Quite a strong bench for us with Jackson / Church / Pritchard and Evina (in an attacking sense) available
  • Options
    That's the team I would have picked so can't complain. COYR!
  • Options
    McGoldrick not starting could be a bonus for us.

Back to the winning side v Brighton bar Sordell for Church. After Church's lack of goals I guess Marvin deserves a chance but it seems that he's not going back to Bolton.

No Michael Smith yet.

Glad Ann-ick has kept the shirt.

Pritchard back and Green out. That will please Colin Sams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoping Starvin Marvin don't let me down. I have been calling for him to have a run for a while
  • Options
    is stewart on season loan? and smith not back from afc dons yet?
  • Options

No Michael Smith yet.

I saw on the O/S the other day that he'd only return to us on Jan 1st - So that could mean he'd have continued training with Wimbledon until yesterday hence not being ready for us... (All guess work)
  • Options
    Sordell starts. Good decision by Powell.

Fresh legs and if he wants to make a go of it with us he'll surely be well up for putting a shift in today.
  • Options
    happy new year to all lifers
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Think today is the last day Stewart can play for us unless we extend the loan
  • Options

Alnwick; Wiggins, Solly, Wood, Morrison(c); Wilson, Stewart, Cousins, Stephens; Sordell, Kermorgant

Probably our best available side that. Not expecting anything today. Ipswich are a top quality side and I expect them to get promoted this season.

Harriott must be injured. Good to see Hamer is fit again.
  • Options
    Happy new year to all. In the pub having a 'hair of the dog' or two. Like the line up. Marvin to prove what he can do with Church to add pace on a muddy pitch later if needed
  • Options

Think today is the last day Stewart can play for us unless we extend the lon

Yeah loan deal expires tomorrow
  • Options
    oh yea sounds about right cheers red
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!