Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

charity match. ages?

what are the ages of the players that are taking part in the 2 lifers matches?
i get the impression that most of the players are either
1. twentysomething, or
2. thirtysomething and still playing football.

being a very unfit (nearly) 37 year old, that hasn't kicked a ball for 10 years or done any sort of physical work/excercise for 2 years, i am beginning to think that i will make a complete fool of myself on the 22nd.
i want to make it quite clear that i don't need a 'ronaldo' wannabe running rings around me at the match to make me look like a fool, i am quite capable of achieving that myself either on the pitch or in the bar afterwards.

anyway as i said, i'm approaching 37 and have asked to play in the fat slower paced game. who else?

Comments

• 23. But haven't kicked a ball for nearly a year since my Knee started playing up. But I should be ok as the excitement of playing at the valley should carry me through.

Is there going to be a manager for each side just to keep the teams organised. My dad reckons its going to be like watching under 9's matches where every one chases the ball in a massive bunch of players trying to grab that glory goal in front of the covered end. I can see it now Goalkeepers going on mental maradona runs up the pitch.
  • And there's always that worry of getting nutmegged on film on your dream day.
  • It's rude to ask a lady her age...
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]It's rude to ask a lady her age...

mmmmmmmmmmm.........

*tries to think of a sarcastic sexist comment about women not able to play football, then remembers carlsbergs previous quote*
  • 45. Anyone older playing. ?

Only stopped playing regularly recently. Still doing 5-a-sides weekly (Was a keeper tho)

Have requested a run out for this one , But if i do go in goal i'll be "doing a Friedel" for all the corners.
  • 18 but not very fit, gotta do some work over Easter to get ready for it. Said to AFKA that I play like Rommedahl, get to the end and then muck it up!

Really looking forward to getting out there and raising some money!

Up The Addicks!
  • 29 and as fit as I could be. Starting training for a 10k run in July so should be fitter than ever come 22 May. Haven't played since 2002 properly but reffing keeping me fit twice a weekend.
  • 30 and can assure i will be the most unfit person there.

both knees gone, wrist gone, shoulder gone, nagging left groin, this body was made for sitting...

am desperately trying to pull myself together, but everytime i do something, something else flairs up...
  • You sound like 30 going on 70 AFKA! I know what you mean over the years I've had major problems with my hamstrings, groin (hernia at 25), knee ligaments and achilles tendons.
  • Blimey sarnie starting to make me feel bad for saying no to AFKA.
  • Sponsored links:

• 34. Ok if my ankles behave themselves. Average footballer. Sometimes good, sometimes bad - have lobbed my own goalie from the edge of my own box but have also intentionally lobbed the opposition's goalie from the half-way line! Haven't played seriously for a while though - I play tennis instead due to ankles.
  • 21, about as fit as your average pensioner.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Blimey sarnie starting to make me feel bad for saying no to AFKA.

And me! Think I might have to take some photos and play a bit in the 2nd game....
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]45. Anyone older playing. ?

Only stopped playing regularly recently. Still doing 5-a-sides weekly

Me too, Dave, but ......I used to be 45 once.
    Surely, there's gonna be somebody out there older than me (gulp) ?
  • 27 - and never kicked a ball in my life. I'm getting a few training sessions in before hand with my cousins team.......

Mx
  • 28, 16stn. Play 5 -a- side every week.
  • 24 - my second match at The Valley, never lost there actually.

I have had the honour of conceding a penalty in front of the South Stand (tee hee) because of the diving cheat that is Bibble.
  • 18 stone Centre back aged 31. Looks can be very deceiving!! I play Sat and Sun. This will be my Hatrick appearance and have scored on the previuos two occasions.
  • Think of a 33 year old crossed between Les Berry and Phil Chapple and you have me to a tee !!!!
  • 16 stone carthorse aged 34 . Looks not deceiving at all. I play FIFA 2007 on the playstation . This will be my 2nd appearance on the legendary turf having touched the ball twice last time

Can I mark Maria or Weegie please ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]16 stone carthorse aged 34 . Looks not deceiving at all. I play FIFA 2007 on the playstation . This will be my 2nd appearance on the legendary turf having touched the ball twice last time

Can I mark Maria or Weegie please ?[/quote]

LOL - sure but don't forget Football is a non -contact sport!!!! (well as far as Premiership refs are concerned!!)

Mx
  • Twenty seven ....
  • [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Twenty seven ....

Never has that smiley face icon been so appropriate.... ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Twenty seven ....[/quote]

and have the invitation to prove it !!!!!!
    I'm
    crap.
    will
    play
    in
    the
    duffers
    Game.
    space
    bar
    dont
    work!
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]16 stone carthorse aged 34 . Looks not deceiving at all. I play FIFA 2007 on the playstation . This will be my 2nd appearance on the legendary turf having touched the ball twice last time

LOL - sure but don't forget Football is a non -contact sport!!!! (well as far as Premiership refs are concerned!!)

Mx

My old mate Arfur is reffing ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]age
    I'm
    crap.
    will
    play
    in
    the
    duffers
    Game.
    space
    bar
    dont
    work!

brilliant!
  • [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]16 stone carthorse aged 34 . Looks not deceiving at all. I play FIFA 2007 on the playstation . This will be my 2nd appearance on the legendary turf having touched the ball twice last time

Mx

Who said anything about marking? We won't have to play proper tactics will we? Thought we all just chased the ball around the pitch, and hoped to kick it (or at least try to) once or twice!!
  • 45 and with a seriously knackered body that I will run into the ground if necessary just to be on the sacred truf.

On the plus side, just been told I won't need an ankle operation as the injection put in last month seems to have done the trick. Might get another one just before the game, anyone know if there will be random drug tests?

Marking? yer having a larf, might try and kick someone in the tunnel as it will be the closest I get to anyone all game. :-)
  • edited March 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]16 stone carthorse aged 34 . Looks not deceiving at all. I play FIFA 2007 on the playstation . This will be my 2nd appearance on the legendary turf having touched the ball twice last time

Can I mark Maria or Weegie please ?[/quote]

Mx[/quote]

My old mate Arfur is reffing ;-)[/quote]

And we all know that Arf, will no doubt turn a blind eye!!

Mx