Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brett Lee v Piers Morgan

2»

Comments

• Riviera said:

Riviera said:

@ers.

Morgan is a publicity crazed twat and Lee should be ashamed of himself - as Richard Hadlee said himself - for trying to injure a bloke who would not make a village 4th XI.

What next? Vladimir Klitschko knocking seven tonnes of shit out of Noel Edmonds in a charity three-rounder?

Would not mind if Lee bowled six Yorkers but he was massively over stepping the line to get closer to Morgan and trying to hit him whilst bowling flat out.

Disgraceful and very, very dangerous.

You having a laugh?

Morgan is a loudmouth who constantly makes a complete fool of himself with the things he says. Now and then he is challenged to back up his comments and if you want to continue saying whatever you like you must face up to these challenges.
    He didn't have to accept Lee's offer but his ego wouldn't let it go. He was right to do so. Where he went wrong was to go on TMS at lunchtime and tell Jonathan Agnew what a competent cricketer he was, and dropped loads of names he'd played against and with. He then looked like someone who had NEVER played any sort of cricket at all. He ran to square leg and Lee, quite rightly, followed him. Morgan had said that and Englishman should stand up to the Aussies and not be quitters like Trott and Swann(his words). He said he would stand up but he didn't, he ran away. If he was as good as he said he washe would have been able to get in line and fend off the ball with his bat but he showed no ability at all.
    So he ended up getting hit and humiliated but still tried to make out afterwards that he had stood up to Lee. All he did was confirm what 94% of the sensible people think he is.
    Live by the gob, die by the gob.
    Sorry, I must have missed the bit when the ICC made it mandatory for Professional cricketers to deliver retribution to any loud mouth braggart who shoot off at the mouth. When did that happen?

Piers Morgan has NOTHING TO DO WITH CRICKET, his views are totally irrelevant and he only says all this crap so as to generate publicity for himself and his struggling TV show - so why give him the attention he craves? Why not just ignore the man, who gives a toss what he thinks?

As for Lee, if he says he was bowling at 80% then that is bullshit, he was running in at full pelt and still deliberately running through the crease so he could bowl from closer tp Morgan and have a better chance of hitting him - yeah, what a tough man he must be.

Quite frankly, I am quite surprised at your views on this as you clearly know the game very well, certainly better than Piers Morgan!
    As I have said already...... The whole incident has NOTHING to do with cricket. So why you mention the ICC is beyond me.
    It was hilarious and Morgan got what he deserved. As Michael Vaughn said, Morgan was lucky it was Brett Lee as although he can still chuck it down at 90mph, he doesn't have a nasty streak in him like others do.
    It the modern world of instant global social media this sort of challenge will become more commonplace. Hopefully it may teach a few to think before they speak, or in this case- tweet.
    Brett Lee doesn't have a nasty streak? Yeah, those beamers he used to bowl whenever his team were struggling were always totally accidental.

I played a couple of games over here with a former Shield fast bowler who was playing in our Sub-Districts team and no matter how much our skipper begged him he simply refused to bowl fast at amateur players, saying it "wouldn't be right" so just trotted in and bowled cutters.

Bottom line is that these demeaning dog-and-pony shows give people like Piers Morgan the oxygen of publicity that they crave and people seem determined to give it to him for reasons which are beyond me.

When Morgan was baiting Arsene Wenger and calling for him to be sacked did the Arsenal board invite him to take charge of the first XI for a game to see how he got on?

What if he criticises Carl Froch? Should Froch put him in the ring and beat the shit out of him?

The whole thing was a nonsense and gave Morgan exactly what he wanted; global publicity.