Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cameron Stewart to Leeds (to Ipswich)

DMCDMC
edited July 2014 in General Charlton
Keep hearing things about leeds trying to get stewart, he did play brilliantly against them so Im quite worried, could someone please put a link as to where these rumours are comming from.

Comments

• @Transfer_News24: Leeds are in talks to sign Charlton's on loan Hull winger Cameron Stewart. #lufc #cafc #hcafc
  • DMC said:

Keep hearing things about leeds trying to get stewart, he did play brilliantly against them so Im quite worried, could someone please put a link as to where these rumours are comming from.

Where do you keep hearing them?

• And

@MailSport: Hull winger Cameron Stewart is in talks over a move to Leeds United. The former Manchester United trainee has been on loan at Charlton.
  • DMC said:

Where do you keep hearing them?

Well a lot on twitter and in a few other places aswell, I know that cameron stewart is just looking for a new contract and by the sounds of the interview he would be very happy to have one here but obviously the financial situation is a problem. As a result he may look to other clubs but I just hope he waits until we have a new owner. anyone know what date his loan ends?
  • Depending on the finances, of course, I'm not at all sure we would want Cameron Stewart on a permanent. He's done ok but I would like to think we could do better.
  • DMCDMC
    edited December 2013
    Davo55 said:

Depending on the finances, of course, I'm not at all sure we would want Cameron Stewart on a permanent. He's done ok but I would like to think we could do better.

true but he is young and can only improve, especially now that harriott seems to be out of the squad possibly due to attitude problems. we should probably try to keep him until the end of the season.
  • Thanks Adam.

I'd keep him. Think he has done OK if not better and could be a better playing with better players around him.
  • DMC said:

Davo55 said:

Depending on the finances, of course, I'm not at all sure we would want Cameron Stewart on a permanent. He's done ok but I would like to think we could do better.

true but he is young and can only improve, especially now that harriott seems to be out of the squad possibly due to attitude problems. we should probably try to keep him until the end of the season.
    Agreed, re extending the loan until the end of the season. But if we are in a position to build a stronger side to challenge at the top end of the table next season, Stewart wouldn't be on my list of permanent signings.
  • Davo55 said:

DMC said:

Davo55 said:

Agreed, re extending the loan until the end of the season. But if we are in a position to build a stronger side to challenge at the top end of the table next season, Stewart wouldn't be on my list of permanent signings.
    I still want to keep our academy graduates though and too many signings can be a very bad thing. who would you sighn? I would like to see ross mccormack but I cant see that happening!
  • .....it's not a good sign when a younger like Stewart is replaced by Danny Green, is is??!!
  • Sponsored links:

• DMC said:

Davo55 said:

I thought someone said Harriott has an injury

• edited December 2013
    No specific names in mind but if we want to be like Leicester, for example, we need someone like their Andy King in midfield, Lloyd Dyer left midfield, David Nugent or Jamie Vardy up front. Look at the leading Championship teams and compare their quality with ours - streets apart.

Again depending on finances, the only players we have which I think we could claim are at that level are Solly, Morrison (maybe), Wiggins, Cousins, Stevo and Yann. If I was CP, with a reasonable level of funding, I would be looking to re-build my team around that nucleus. Not to say some of the others (Wilson, Wood for example) wouldn't be retained as squad members.
  • Be no surprise if he went to Leeds ... he's a northerner and Leeds are in with a chance of promotion, as usual .. the Elland Road pitch is much more conducive to wing play than is the valley sod .. Whenever I have seen him (away only) he has done very well .. we'll miss him if he goes
  • Lets hope he does go to Leeds
  • The Daily Mail! They've never been wrong on football stories in the past.
  • He's been alright for us but if he goes, he goes. It'd be good to see us develop one of our own on the left instead who's just as good. Callum Harriott.
  • I quite like Stewart but I wouldn't blame for going to Leeds given the opportunity. Our pitch is killing his game. He looked like he was running in treacle on Sunday
  • He's been alright for us but if he goes, he goes. It'd be good to see us develop one of our own on the left instead who's just as good. Callum Harriott.

This is absolutely right. Whilst I recognise that Stewart could be a decent player, he hasn't shown that very much in my view, Harriott has shown just as much, and is one of ours too. We have no money so isn't it a no brainer? Cheerio Cameron, good luck, and c'mon Calum, learn from the example of your mate Jordan.

• good job we don't play at home every week then aint it, the lads game would be dead and buried

lets not over exaggerate the affect of the pitch on the issue of players staying
  • Sponsored links:

• shame but good luck to him scored some stunning goals for us
  • cafctom said:

If we can do better then great, but I don't think Stewart is someone we should let go of lightly if at all possible.

Agree. He missed a year of football and was tearing up defences before his injury.
    This season he's nailed down a starting place and begun to show glimpes of what he's capable of doing.

The best of Stewart is yet to come.

• I'd accept Matt Ritchie in replacement.

Was excellent at Swindon
  • no way will we get him! but he is good player
  • edited December 2013
    Davo55 said:

No specific names in mind but if we want to be like Leicester, for example, we need someone like their Andy King in midfield, Lloyd Dyer left midfield, David Nugent or Jamie Vardy up front. Look at the leading Championship teams and compare their quality with ours - streets apart.

Again depending on finances, the only players we have which I think we could claim are at that level are Solly, Morrison (maybe), Wiggins, Cousins, Stevo and Yann. If I was CP, with a reasonable level of funding, I would be looking to re-build my team around that nucleus. Not to say some of the others (Wilson, Wood for example) wouldn't be retained as squad members.

Agree, although you haven't named the whole Leicester team and we have a strong nucleous and I would add Wilson to your list making it 8 players. Also wouldn't write Pritchard off just yet.
  • DMC said:

Davo55 said:

I thought someone said Harriott has an injury

Oh right well there has been no club statement im aware of (correct me if Im wrong) and a couple of weeks ago I sore him post a couple of comments on twitter like "Everyones against me" sort of thing. Lets hope he is back soon!
  • Ritchie would cost about £3m now, and Bournemouth don't need to sell either. We've got to get better at spotting these players when they are younger.
  • stewart is much more of a goal threat than Harriott
  • stewart is much more of a goal threat than Harriott

yes but stewart is about 3 years older and hariott has this ability to inspire and is very creative
  • Wtf has age got to do with it , it's about the here and now and we must stay up and Stewart is a better player currently than Harriott and so I'd much prefer him in the team