Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thierry Henry

Sky are showing a selection of his premier league goals. I know he victimised us something chronic, but Ye gods, what a player. Absolutely brilliant to watch - and I can only think of Le Tissier rivalling him for cracking goals.

Comments

• Best Premier League player I've ever seen. Would destroy teams like United and Tottenham on his own in some games.
  • Dived for a penalty when we smashed them at Highbury.
    Cheated Ireland out of the World Cup.

Great player but no class.
  • Think he has the best goal to game ratio of any Prem striker, with only Van Nistelrooy and Suarez running him close. Roughly 2 goals every 3 games. Sheer quality.
  • Hated us playing them when he was fit, but he was capable of terrifying defences like few others I can think of. Tottenham were petrified of him
  • When he's not pretending to be worried about his close buddy Mwamba.

The guy is a total knob.
  • The most devastating player in Premier League history during his prime. One of the few players who was actually unplayable. There was nothing you could do to defend against him (or that side) most of the time.
  • Just think he got away with so much just because he was Thierry Henry.

As Deano described Roy Keane...a world class player and an economy class person!

Also his back heel goal against us, he was pulling Fortune's shirt. Everyone going how great it was, no one saying it was a foul.
    TelMc32 said:

Just think he got away with so much just because he was Thierry Henry.

• Sponsored links:

• Kinsella used to 'cheat' every time he took a corner... bit different though as he played for us
    MattD said:

Some of the comments here are laughable, no worse than half of our players in terms of diving/cheating/arseholeness

Absolutely great player

Also his back heel goal against us, he was pulling Fortune's shirt. Everyone going how great it was, no one saying it was a foul.
    TelMc32 said:

Just think he got away with so much just because he was Thierry Henry.

Opinions, at the time I saw it as fortune fouling him and fully expected a penalty. Fortune was all over him.

He was a great player to watch even uf he did slaughter us.

• Bergkamp, Ljunberg, Pires, Henry, Petit, Viera

Brown, Tiler, Kochesky, Mills, youds, Red Fearn, Powell

We had to have a bit of bollox about us then!! ,

The guy is a total knob.

Weird.
  • Great player and if you watch MLS he's still head and shoulders above everyone else in that league, shame he didn't stay in Europe longer. I enjoy hearing his punditry far more than most of the other jokers on TV too.
  • shine166 said:

Kinsella used to 'cheat' every time he took a corner... bit different though as he played for us

MattD said:

Some of the comments here are laughable, no worse than half of our players in terms of diving/cheating/arseholeness

Absolutely great player

True. But Kins' corners were still bloody awful!!! ;-)
  • shine166 said:

Kinsella used to 'cheat' every time he took a corner... bit different though as he played for us

MattD said:

Absolutely great player

I don't think I ever saw him take one that was within the corner-arc. Can't believe how he consistently got away with it. Also amazed me that he felt the need to do it, was it really that much of an advantage?

Totally different type of forward, but for me he's one of those like Shearer that you'd love to have on your side but hate to have against you. Still, as others have said it's not as if all Charlton players have been whiter than white.

The guy is a total knob.

Strange that you'd hold it against the bloke for flying from the US to the UK just to visit Muamba and wish him well.
    The whole thing was a publicity stunt. He was here to visit his estranged wife and daughter - saw a bandwagon and got on it !

No sign of him at the Mwamba wedding.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2013
    Unplayable.

Worth the admission on his own on so many occasions.

When we used to lose to Henry i never felt angry about it.

Sometimes you just have to appreciate genius. In my opinion Thierry Henry was a genius and the best player i have seen live.

After a few years of watching the likes of bobby grant and david nugent it reminds me how lucky we were to have them years in the premier league.
  • caught a bit of the programme on Sky the other day - just an amazing player. Not only quick but could finish too. I think he holds the Prem record for the number of hat tricks.
  • Definitely the best player I've ever seen live. Completely different gravy.

The guy is a total knob.

Strange that you'd hold it against the bloke for flying from the US to the UK just to visit Muamba and wish him well.
    The whole thing was a publicity stunt. He was here to visit his estranged wife and daughter - saw a bandwagon and got on it !

Maybe he wasn't invited? They weren't exactly close. My understanding of it is that Muamba looked up to Henry when he (Muamba) was in the Arsenal academy. Pretty sad of you to reprimand the bloke for paying him a visit regardless of why he might have been here. But maybe you just look for the worst in people.
  • TelMc32 said:

As Deano described Roy Keane...a world class player and an economy class person!

I think that pretty much sums the man up.

There's no doubt he was a wonderful player in his prime.

I remember one of my last trips to Highbury, he scored an absolutely sensational goal (although it didnt help that everyone backed off of him) but then ran another 80 yards on his celebratory run, as shown here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhEpeDFMM1o

Yeah, where did he run? He ran to celebrate in front of the Spurs fans.

That one goal sums him up. The man has no class whatsoever.

Yeah, anyone with a dislike for Spurs will find that hilarious of course but no yellow card, no FA charge for bringing the game into disrepute, no nothing. Then compare that to what Adebayor done against Arsenal for Man City and its clearly one rule for one, one rule for everyone else.

The guy is a total knob.

A quick look on Google suggests he was best man...

• On the class discussion, he also stamped on Parker when he was with us and got away with it. The guy was always a twat.
  • Was going to say that Johnboy, yet when Adebeyor done it he was public enemy number one!!!!!! Could be wrong but didn't he allegedy cheat on his Mrs to?? When Ashley Cole done it..................
  • RedPanda said:

On the class discussion, he also stamped on Parker when he was with us and got away with it. The guy was always a twat.

He did have some class then.

We'd all love to.

He's only human.