Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Getting a tad worried (Don't read if MOTD aficionado.

Pullis really is a good manager.
So unlucky today at Citie. Hart made some cracking saves and apart from a quality finish by Djecko, they could on another day have taken 3 points.
Considering the quality of the Citie team/squad, Pullis appears to be working his magic.
I think Stoke might have as much chance of going down as the Stripey Nigels. Arrrrggggghhhhh

Comments

• Why are you always starting Palace threads? Are you obsessed with them?
  • Said they'd stay up ages ago (and then when Pulis got the job was gutted) but then again I am a pessimist.
  • Pullis really is a good manager.
    So unlucky today at Citie. Hart made some cracking saves and apart from a quality finish by Djecko, they could on another day have taken 3 points.
    Considering the quality of the Citie team/squad, Pullis appears to be working his magic.
    I think Stoke might have as much chance of going down as the Stripey Nigels. Arrrrggggghhhhh

Watched the first half of this (then decided to watch the second half of Villa which was a mistake!) and I have to say Palace looked good. Hurts me to say it, but they've got a much better chance of staying up than I would have thought a month ago.
  • I can see them staying up this year as well now to be honest... Seems the toughest team Man City have faced at home this season
  • On the evidence of the game so far today Sunderland are down which improves Palace's chances.

Goodness knows what Altidore is doing playing Premier League football, he's like Heskey minus all the poise, grace and composure in front of goal.
  • Wish they'd appointed Dowie instead!
  • Fortunately football doesn't always follow those rules. They are on a good run but can easily slip.
  • Honeymoon period will be over soon. Teams won't approach them so lightly. They will begin to lose games by the odd goal a lot. They will give their all and be unlucky blah blah but they won't have the quality to stay up.
  • Best thing is they believe they may stay up, which means they will probably burn loads of their premiership money in January on more useless over paid donkeys and then hopefully still go down.
  • Sadly they're making a proper fight of it and their support has been decent , non stop noise even when doing complete shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like I spoke too soon about Sunderland (not Altidore though - utter pony).
  • edited December 2013
    It would soften the blow somewhat if it meant west ham go down.
  • I'm worried as well. They really are starting to get used to the big games week in and week out. So much so that the wins against Villa and West Ham came as no surprise whatsoever.
  • Can't believe the luck Palace are having. Fluked their way into the playoffs, managed to somehow meet Brighton and Watford on the worst days of their seasons and then end up in a league where they are only the fourth shittest team!
  • Last year i thought no way they would go up. I was wrong. This year i thought no way they would stay up... but sadly deep down we know they will probably do it.
  • 6 City changes, no Aguedo, Toure, Negredo. City treated it like a cup stroll against a non league team and won as they knew they would.

No need to worry at all.
  • edited December 2013

Last year i thought no way they would go up. I was wrong. This year i thought no way they would stay up... but sadly deep down we know they will probably do it.

Not if they play like they did against Newcastle.
  • edited December 2013
    10 games into the season they were gone. 9 or so games later they are in with à chance.

my money would be on them to beat the drop. Pulis knows the league inside out. January will be à big month for them off the pitch.

When Pulis took over i got the impression it was more looking towards next season in the second tier. Now however i think there is real belief and the board may well back the manager in the transfer window.
  • At the moment there's probably 7 or 8 clubs who are going to be fighting relegation and Crystal Pulis are by no means the worst. Was listening to the commentary on the radio in the car yesterday afternoon, even a weakened Citeh team should be tearing Palace apart so they are clearly doing something right. I wish they'd stop :(
    Add to that Sunderland being hopeless, West Ham toothless, Fulham defenceless and Cardiff in turmoil, there's a lot in the mix. Apart from Sunderland, they're all likely to bring in new players in January. And I can't see Palace's owners being as upset with going down, as they will have been expecting it (Palace mate told me about 10 minutes after they won the Play Off they all started singing "going down" - so there's a realism). Paradoxically, I think that will help them, as the desperation faced by other teams will result in more risky strategies to stay up, which if they go wrong will make things worse.
    We could well end up the only South London club in the Championship next season.
  • Don't get me wrong I want them to finish bottom but if they do survive then fair play to them. It's an unforgiving league and staying in it is a real achievement.