Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sherwood new Spurs manager

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yer im sure 99% of spurs fans would rather be us atm...

For anybody that thinks we have problems, be grateful you do not support this lot.

Sherwood is keeping the seat warm for Capello, Capello will end his contract with Russia after the world cup

• Options
    Love it. Got disaster written all over it. Can't stand Spurs, so this pleases me greatly.
  • Options

Doesn't sound the brightest or most inspirational when i hear him interviewed but good luck to him. Good to see a Brit in charge of one of the larger teams for once

Biggest club in the country has never had anything other than a Brit in charge.

• Options
    Perhaps now a change of manager, they will let us have Obika on loan for the rest of the season!
  • Options
    They're only 6 points off the top and 4 off fourth place. No way will they be writing the season off yet. At least it'll be worth watching their matches now.
  • Options
    A real Parky moment from the Spurs board. I agree cheap option till someone better comes along. I hope the bloke make the job his own and proves us all wrong. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Where's John Boy when you need him?

I've been lurking a while since the news was announced last night...

Sherwood knows the club inside out having played over 100 games for us and having been on the backroom staff since 2008. Levy obviously trusts him and he's got the respect of the players and the coaching team. It is well known he has been on the transfer committee for the last 3/4 years so he had a say on all the transfers in/out of the club. He's also knows the youth set up inside out, as shown by his decision to play the U21 skipper Bentaleb on Sunday. So, of all the candidates mentioned, he's the best placed for the job in my eyes.

Ok, he played 4-4-2 in the Carling Cup game against West Ham and in the PL game against Southampton but he's hand was pretty much enforced by the players who he had available. The policy at Spurs has been that all the teams play the same way with the same 4-5-1 system with a couple of variations. U17s/18s/21s and the Development Squad have all played the same way. Sherwood has been key to that.

Lets us not forget here. For a team in so-called crisis, Spurs are only 6pts off the top, with 6 away wins, more than any other team in the PL. We've only lost twice away from home all season. The problem has been the home form, as teams have just sat back, defended for their lives and hit us on the counter-attack. If he can turn WHL into a fortress again, we'll be in with a shout of finishing in the top 4, which presumably was the objective of AVBs "project".

Am I happy with his appointment? Yes, I think so. Is Levy? well he was in a no-win situation. Where do you go after the manager you backed so spectacularly had lost the dressing room and had disgruntled three or four key players? Sherwood didnt want the job short-term, so the 18 month contract will suit both parties. Levy puts the team in Sherwood's hands, if he does well, it was a risk worth taking. If not, no doubt he'll be moved on at the end of the season with a further 12 months salary in compensation and allows Levy to go for one of then available international managers, whether that be Van Gaal, Capello, Klinsmann or someone like Laudrup or de Boer who said they wont move mid-season.

Next two games will tell us a lot. WBA and Stoke at home, just the type of teams that we've struggled to break down at WHL.
  • Options
    (I have to say though, I seem to be in a minority having read through some of the Spurs forums today!)
  • Options
    Rumour has it that he has a gooners tattoo