Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Darts

Was thinking of getting tickets for this but didn't get round to it. Just wondering if anyone on ere has been and whether it is any good? It looks like a proper laugh on the telly but I suspect you need to be in the mood and not sitting beside a bunch of tossers. Like most things the telly probably gives a rose tinted impression of what it's really like. One if these days I'll get around to it.

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely love my darts.

Not done the World's but have been twice to the Premier League events and it was awful. The place was full of people with no interest in the game and they had to shut the bar early as it went properly pear shaped.

Pains me to say it but if you really like your arrers, watch it at home. You won't have people throw piss and beer on you for a start.
  • Options
    World Number 7 , Dave Chisnall looks like he's on his way out.
  • Options

World Number 7 , Dave Chisnall looks like he's on his way out.

Never in the reckoning to be fair.

Lewis at 11/2 looks good value.

• Options
    Henderson doesn't half wobble about a lot when his throwing.
  • Options
    Its part of our Christmas tradition now,watching the Worlds on TV.

I got Lewis at 8/1 about a month ago, after the grand prix.
    MVG doesn't look the same player to the one we saw last year. Taylor is a legend.
  • Options

Was thinking of getting tickets for this but didn't get round to it. Just wondering if anyone on ere has been and whether it is any good? It looks like a proper laugh on the telly but I suspect you need to be in the mood and not sitting beside a bunch of tossers. Like most things the telly probably gives a rose tinted impression of what it's really like. One if these days I'll get around to it.

Why not try the Lakeside, Frimley event? Even in the old days, it was never a bear-pit and was all about the darts. The standard isn't great these days but could still be fun.
  • Options

Its part of our Christmas tradition now,watching the Worlds on TV.

I got Lewis at 8/1 about a month ago, after the grand prix.
    MVG doesn't look the same player to the one we saw last year. Taylor is a legend.

Lewis looked excellent at the Grand Slam, amazing game against Taylor. I think he is the value bet, nicely done on 8/1.

There are always upsets but would be hugely surprised if it's not one of Taylor, MVG, Lewis or Wade.

Despite being the best player on the planet, I just don't like Taylor. Would love RvB to rediscover some form.
  • Options
    I have been twice to the Ally Pally and twice to the Premier league.

Premier league is awful, people get too drunk and start throwing beer everywhere.

The worlds is a different kettle of fish, brilliant atmosphere and great drama!
  • Options

I have been twice to the Ally Pally and twice to the Premier league.

Premier league is awful, people get too drunk and start throwing beer everywhere.

The worlds is a different kettle of fish, brilliant atmosphere and great drama!

Fair play Sonic. Going this year?
  • Options
    Been going for the last few years, with mates from work who are members and sort the tickets. They're normally onto them back in the summer. We usually get one of the evening sessions between Christmas and New Year, stay over in a Travelodge near King's X and I somehow make it to work in the West End the next morrning!

It is actually a great laugh and we've never had a bad experience. We don't do the dressing up, but a good percentage do and has always been highly entertaining. Despite the banter (between the tables and the "cheap seats" round the sides), most people are well into following the darts as well and the bar areas are so huge, there's never an issue with people getting lairy. Usually a smattering of celebs there, who also get a bit of light-hearted abuse and who often give it back as well...it was Le Tissier last year (or the year before if my memory is playing up), with his mates in the cheap seats.

Thoroughly recommend it and then it's usually on the buses into town afterwards. This year, we've got the afternoon session on the Saturday after Christmas. The Sunday at The Valley could be painful (or even more painful than usual).