Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Parish is a dreamer

Parish is blabbering away on SKY news at the moment.

He has just come out with that give a couple of years in the premiership they could be as big as Villa or Newcastle.

Call me bias, but I reckon he must have been drinking before the interview!

Comments

• they can be as big as Fulham if they stay up there for more than five years as they are.
  • We'll never find out, because they will never last a couple of years in the Premiership.
  • He's certainly enjoying the limelight. Reminds myself of another now ex chairman
  • 2 years in the premier league and yes clubs like Palace, Reading, Leeds, Leicester, Brighton could be on a par with Villa (but not Newcastle). He isn't dreaming or drunk. He knows the value of £180m
  • He's definitely enjoying the limelight but they have owners who have passion for their club!
  • shirty5 said:

He's certainly enjoying the limelight. Reminds myself of another now ex chairman

You mean the one who didn't blink when we got relegated in our first attempt at the Prem, sold the gobshite Mills for full price, and invested the money to get us back up for seven great years?

Or someone else?

• No, I think he meant Simon Jordan!
  • LoOkOuT said:

No, I think he meant Simon Jordan!

Doh! Sorry, shirty. Too many fine pilsner urquells tonight.

• I'm not jealous of the premiership position of palace. I'm not jealous of the many players palace have who would walk into our first team (however badly they perform in the top tier). I'm certainly not jealous of the manager or stadium (ours have many more good years ahead of them). However i am jealous of the passionate, open and determined board they have.
  • Sponsored links:

• cochran45 said:

2 years in the premier league and yes clubs like Palace, Reading, Leeds, Leicester, Brighton could be on a par with Villa (but not Newcastle). He isn't dreaming or drunk. He knows the value of £180m

Villa are a bigger club than Newcastle, so don't understand how that works...
  • I tell you what Steve Parish definitely is. A f***ing good chairman.
  • I think they will get relegated but I'm not certain. Pullis is a canny manager that produces unattractive but effective teams. They could easily become a yo yo club gaining strength each bounce. They are not burdened with huge debt so anything is possible. Shithurst Park is the albatross around their neck but even that if carefully managed need not be a game killer. Just look how things have turned on their heads between our two clubs in 24 months. We are light years behind them at the moment.
  • Whether in dreamland or not, unfortunately Palace are in a much, much better position than we are!
  • LoOkOuT said:

Don't blame the beer
  • shirty5 said:

LoOkOuT said:

Don't blame the beer
    Seem to be ranting a lot these days Prague!
  • You're a dreamer Parish, we carry the things to the van, we don't drive the vans!
  • shirty5 said:

LoOkOuT said:

Don't blame the beer
    OK. Sorry. Period.
  • Whether in dreamland or not, unfortunately Palace are in a much, much better position than we are!

We need an 'agree' button instead of a 'Like' button for comments like these!
  • ...he's not the only one,
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't care how good a chairman he is, still a f'kin Nigel!