Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hertha Berlin/FC Union Berlin

Planning a trip to Germania in March/April time. More of a Hertha BSC man myself but I want to try and visit Union as well. Anybody on here who has been to either (or both) care to share their experiences?

Usual stuff Im looking for, atmosphere/friendly to tourists/ticket & food prices/easy to get to the ground etc....

Comments

• Options
    Went to a Hertha BSC game earlier this season. The Berlin fans created a great atmosphere probably one of the best atmospheres that I have ever experienced at a football game, but at the same time it did not feel threatening just a bit of fun. Hertha beat Hamburg so great result as well, would definitely recommend staying around the ground for a drink after the game as well , came across a group of grown men chanting and having a dance off on the concourse which was brilliant, its much different to a match day at the Valley but an awesome experience non-the-less. It's also worth going just to see the Olympiastadion for itself which is a magnificent stadium and is surrounded by venues which held the 1936 Olympics, you can even go swimming in the old Olympic pool. Would recomend the Oberring Kurve Osttor, which is just above the part of the stadium which creates the atmosphere, but is easy to get tickets in. Think it was 21 euros.
  • Options
    My brother @PaulSturgess went to a Union game a couple of years ago, think he's posted about it on here before.

He went to a nothing mid-table second division game and said the atmosphere was more like what you'd expect at a promotion decider against your local rivals.

Good supporters and good, traditional stadium which, if I recall correctly was built and funded by the fans. Think he got talking to one of their supporters who was pointing out the bits of the stadium that he'd painted/built, etc.
  • Options
    The first chapter of Football Against the Enemy is really good, about fans who were behind the iron curtain and couldn't support Hetha because they were on the wrong side of the wall.
  • Options
    A crowd of us go out to watch union a couple of times a year. Union fans are pretty much like us where as hertha are like chelsea new breed all money. We have 5 union fans coming over xmas and will be in the lib so if you want to have a chat with them they will probably sort you out tickets.