Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Double points for last game of the season.

As Formula 1 announce double points for their last race in a desperate bid to drum up some interest, how about 6 points for a win on the last day of the season in Football?

I'd go for it.

Comments

• Yeah cos we would all be well up for it if we had someone like QPR away last game and Millwall had Barnsley at home.

Next.
  • Really, they're actually doing that in Formula 1? I don't follow it, but sounds like an absolutely ridiculous idea.
  • As Gary hints at - it would never be an even playing field in Football, whereas Formula One drivers all race the same track at the same time with each other.

There was a rule tested out in France some time back where a win by a three goal margin got you an extra point. Interesting idea, but not sure it would catch on well considering how lop sided the Premier League already is these days. Other teams wouldn't stand a chance in breaking in the top 6 when you have the likes of City hammering everyone who comes near them.
  • Yeah cos we would all be well up for it if we had someone like QPR away last game and Millwall had Barnsley at home.

Next.

That's the spirit. Bit of fun.
  • An extra point for having the best dressed manager?
  • C_A_F_C said:

An extra point for having the best dressed manager?

Now you're talking!
    Blatter - are you listening?

• They should let you play a Joker for one game a season.

We'd probably be the only team to choose Leicester City.
  • OR, you pick your Joker team, if you win you get double points, if they win, they get double points. Would give sh*t teams like us a chance to actually pick up some points and balance the league out a tad more?
  • Sponsored links:

• If you need a gimmick to drum up interest in your sport then it's already fecked.
  • If you need a gimmick to drum up interest in your sport then it's already fecked.

Indeed. Like sins bins and that rubbish.
  • as a gimmick, how about players deliberately trying to get themselves sent off.
  • Macronate said:

as a gimmick, how about players deliberately trying to get themselves sent off.

The way to stop this nonsense is for a random player from either player to be sent off when a red card offence has been committed. This would stop the likes of Sodje (allegedly) taking a bung as it could mean the other team went down to 10 men.

I think there might be one or two holes in this idea still, but I'm working on it

• If you're against double points for the final race in a F1 season....

....then you should be against the play-off system we have in football.