Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Cup Draw

On at 4:30pm on BBC, looking forward to this very much, who are people hoping to get and to avoid? Also I get to find out who I have tickets to see play next year now if only I had someone to go with, flights and hotels all sorted!

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Blimey, tried following how the draw is going to work....some teams in pot 1 can't play some teams in pot 2.....some European teams can't play a team from pot 3....pot 2 have to play on a Tuesday. after 8pm. in July... (might have made that one up)....

Oh for the old days of a straight forward draw.
  • non-playing Highlight on the football calendar!

Hoping to avoid the best side in pot 2 (is it France?) and a South American team from pot 1.

switzerland would be a good top seed to get, although England seem to do better against stronger opposition.

• edited December 2013

the event takes 2 and half hours which will be watched by an estimated 200 million people.

A 45-mile security cordon is in place, preventing the public from getting anywhere near the compound. Meanwhile, 3,600 armed guards have been deployed to look after the 4,800 guests. That's three guards for every four guests.

cost 10 million quid for the just the draw alone.

mad.

• Hope we get 1 top team with 2 lesser teams just so we have a bit more experience of playing against better teams before the knockout round.
  • assuming we stay in pot 4: Switzerland, Honduras and Algeria would be about the best result .. and a location way down south where it is cool and balmy ... but alas, a long way from the Girl From Ipanema
  • Blimey, it must have been 8 years ago whilst watching the Germany 2006 draw that i was thrown out of a non-smoking pub for smoking (Phoenix, in the City).

I then grabbed my pint off the bar and headed for the exit, only to realise down the road that i had gone to the bar to get another drink, and that i had not only been thrown out, but i'd also nicked a stranger's pint.
  • never let it be said Mr AFKA that you don't like to live dangerously
  • Will this be one of those draws that's dragged out over 2 hours ?
  • se9addick said:

Will this be one of those draws that's dragged out over 2 hours ?

and the rest .. the opening speech alone is 3 hours long ((:>)
  • Watching the SSN coverage which started 10 minutes ago.

One team from pot 4 will be drawn at random into pot 2. Funnily enough in the rehearsal, the randomly drawn European team was apparently France as everyone expected beforehand...
  • Sponsored links:

• Predictions?

Argentina, Ghana, Japan, England
  • assuming we stay in pot 4: Switzerland, Honduras and Algeria would be about the best result .. and a location way down south where it is cool and balmy ... but alas, a long way from the Girl From Ipanema

not sure if I fancy Algeria again, been there done that, probably the most boring game I have ever seen.
  • That woman is a solid 9/10 for her age.
  • Colombia, Greece, Australia, England

not sure if I fancy Algeria again, been there done that, probably the most boring game I have ever seen.
    bore bore is better than draw draw (who said that?) .. I can take a boring game or three just so long as we get into the main rounds
  • we were drawn against the holders Spain along with ivory coast and south Korea in the rehearsal.
  • More looking forward to the fa cup draw to be honest.

bore bore is better than draw draw (who said that?) .. I can take a boring game or three just so long as we get into the main rounds
    I am happy to have a boring game if we win dont get me wrong, but that was a boring game that finished 0-0 which in turn meant we played Germany instead of Ghana and we all know what happened then.
  • we were drawn against the holders Spain along with ivory coast and south Korea in the rehearsal.

I always fancy us against Spain .. remember the Armada ... AND we beat them last time out
  • we will get the group of death
  • Sponsored links:

• Part of me would love us to be moved to Pot 2 and get Germany/Spain,Mexico and Holland/Italy and see if the players can get themselves up for 3 massive games.
  • More looking forward to the fa cup draw to be honest.

This
  • what pot are Scotland in?
  • what pot are Scotland in?

the poopy potty .. though they are up to about world ranking 7516 at the last count ((:>)
  • edited December 2013

we were drawn against the holders Spain along with ivory coast and south Korea in the rehearsal.

I always fancy us against Spain .. remember the Armada ... AND we beat them last time out
    and we'll beat them again for the people of Gibraltar!!

This time it's personal

• Good job they are not holding the draw at The Valley - the smoke filled toilets are a no go zone - good luck finding a pot if you need a wee....
  • I want Australia. Work with a bunch of Aussies, would make life interesting.
  • edited December 2013
    That'd be a good whose rack?.......
  • Who scripted this - it's rubbish! And neither of the people presenting are able to present live so you can see that their 'off the cuff' comments are totally scripted.
  • edited December 2013
    zidane looked so pissed off that Geoff hurst just put a ball in his pot