Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I don't get some of our fans

When we was in league one, some where moaning

We are now in the championship, we may not be the best team but we have enough to stay up , isn't that good enough? Championship is miles better then league 1

We have a great manager, and I'd have our current affairs over our league one days anytime, people need to get there heads out the clouds, don't eat more then you can chew

Comments

• Options
    I suppose when people work hard for their money and spend it to watch a shower of shit not create a decent chance for 90 mins they get a bit frustrated
  • Options
    We created chances. We just didn't win. Anything other than a win is a disaster in 2013; it didn't used to be like that.
  • Options

We created chances. We just didn't win. Anything other than a win is a disaster in 2013; it didn't used to be like that.

No, no, no tma - we had not shots at all and didn't get the ball in their half apparently.

Welcome to watching football in the internet , on-demand generation.
  • Options
    Hate to say this but some of our fans in the Covered End upper are letting themselves and CAFC down. Booing, wanker signs as the players go off - not right.
  • Options

Hate to say this but some of our fans in the Covered End upper are letting themselves and CAFC down. Booing, wanker signs as the players go off - not right.

Absolutely but make no mistake today was very very poor. That level of performance won't keep us up.

• Options

Absolutely but make no mistake today was very very poor. That level of performance won't keep us up.

Whereas the level of performance seen on Tuesday probably will. The truth is we're somewhere in between .
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Whereas the level of performance seen on Tuesday probably will. The truth is we're somewhere in between .
    But I think Donny are one of the three weakest. I think we will stay up but it's going to be a tight squeak unless moneybag owners spend in January.

• Options
    Yes Donny are weak, but they still managed to get the better of 'moneybags' QPR today.
    Yeovil also fecked a few pundits with their away performance at Vicarage Road today.
    A couple of coupon busting results that are commonplace, weekly, in The Championship.
    Strange things happen in our League.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think you will find that some negative views come from the same poster but under different names.
    Mr Colin Sams ( people from the mailing list will know the name ) has posted under at least two names today and each time he predictably says the same rubbish that he has been spouting for many years. The man is in his fifties , you think he would know better.
  • Options
    Sensei said:

Yes Donny are weak, but they still managed to get the better of 'moneybags' QPR today.
    Yeovil also fecked a few pundits with their away performance at Vicarage Road today.
    A couple of coupon busting results that are commonplace, weekly, in The Championship.
    Strange things happen in our League.

It's all fixed!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    i booed the ref not the players they tryed but failed to break 10 behind the ball ipswich! but the ref who made a big mistake when kermo was fouled but released ball to stewart who was in on goal! and ref stopped play!! i went mental at ref lol
  • Options
    It was tosh you can argue this and that but we never even looked threatening predictable
  • Options
    I must admit I am bored at the shit performances and losing at home.

It's a real monkey on our backs and it really needs to get sorted

Our away form is the reason we weren't relegated last year and looks to be the same this year
  • Options

I think you will find that some negative views come from the same poster but under different names.
    Mr Colin Sams ( people from the mailing list will know the name ) has posted under at least two names today and each time he predictably says the same rubbish that he has been spouting for many years. The man is in his fifties , you think he would know better.

If this is true, please name and shame because I think it is a rather disreputable thing to do and I think that we deserve better than that.
  • Options

TMA.

Can I please go to football matches with you? I am keen to understand your perception of 'chances' and your positivity may well help to alleviate the depression that sets in on afternoons like yesterday.
  • Options
    We never had a shot on target - we don't need to over-analyse the performance.

We were shocking.
  • Options
    Regarding the "fans".

Tuesday night I was bordering on turning around and slapping a guy behind me in the face (would spice up the East Stand that's for sure)

Some moron sitting with his mate, clearly one of the "I go to 2-3 games a year so have to make my opinion heard to EVERYONE" brigade.

5 minutes in he is calling the game "dire" and EVERY time someone is kicking the ball to create a chance "Oh it's a nothing ball" the best bit of which was that every time he screamed it something happened which was positive! Almost like a good omen haha.

Anyway this keeps going on til just before Stephens scores. He just wouldn't stop moaning about how awful it is and how he was going to leave early to his mate. Just wanted to shout at him to go and support arsenal.

Sometimes the fans annoy me more than the players!

• Options
    Oh I should add, he was going on about the Stephens goal for about 15 minutes like he had just seen god himself play football. He shut up for the whole of the second half
  • Options

We never had a shot on target - we don't need to over-analyse the performance.

We were shocking.

We did have a shot on target in the game I was watching. Several.

Agree with the second point though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were Danny Dyer!
  • Options
    edited December 2013

TMA.

Can I please go to football matches with you? I am keen to understand your perception of 'chances' and your positivity may well help to alleviate the depression that sets in on afternoons like yesterday.
    Of course you can come with me! All I am saying is that it was an okish performance. If we hadn't have had such a terrible first 5 mins, any result would have been possible.

The last season and a half seem to show that we seldom win comfortably and seldom lose heavily. We win a few when there is nothing in it; yesterday we lost when there wasn't much in it. Confidence, scoring at the right time, a bit of luck and getting a steady run together will determine where we end up.
  • Options
    You win some you lose some. We are doing alright with what we have at our disposal.
    This forum was in a good mood after Tuesday night, try and remember the reasons behind that.

I agree with the original post. When football gets too serious it becomes boring and repetitive. Sure you don't want to whack out 20 odd quid on a bad game where Charlton under perform but if that chance is too much of a problem then you should probably not go in the 1st place, no one forces you to.

We all know that Charlton can be frustrating at times, it's almost in our nature, but come on gain a little perspective it's not the end of the world if we are not world beaters, there are much worse football clubs and there are much worse things in life.

The attitude of the fans can play a part in lifting the players on the pitch, go football to enjoy it and sing your heart out, otherwise what's the point? Defeats can hurt but save yourself from that and don't dwell on it otherwise you will feel like a drunk tit when you say "Powell out" and we get a result at reading Tuesday night.
  • Options
    You get a few morons at every club.

Obviously some fans are better than others, knowing/reading the game tactically or logically.

When I hear utter nonsense from a fans mouth, I just smile. Makes me chuckle.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I think that is a great comment. It's not a Charlton specific thing, its a football / way of the world thing.

I think people in general have completely redrawn the lines with football in terms of what is expected.

The fact remains though that sometimes your team are just rubbish. That's how it is and it shouldn't be the end of the world. Everyone in English football seems to have forgotten how to lose.
    I disagree when i was younger I went for the crack, day out booze, losing didn't matter , the day was what I lived for, now i have a family to get home to the football takes on more importance.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    When we lose. I am irate for an hour (whether we deserved to or not), and then I'm okay!

I don't think people have forgotten how to lose, it's just no one likes losing, and some take it better than others.

I think CL should be closed for an hour after the game, so we can chill out, and think before we speak type. ;)
  • Options
    First game yesterday when I've came back to the new lad at home, and walking in and being handed a 5 week old with a poopy nappy made me forget about the game pretty quickly.
  • Options
    i heard some absolute corkers in north upper on saturday, love having a season ticket and i do like the upper for the atmosphere, but some of the absolute morons u have sitting up there do piss me off, also had to laugh when some were singing 3-0 leicester when were just as dire atm.

"jonnie jackson is fucking terrible - never rated him"

"chris powell aint got a fucking clue what hes doing, needs to go"

"id rather have danny haynes than simon church"
  • Options
    Did I imagine Wiggins hitting the bar on Saturday?