Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Graphene

Any scientists out there? The new material "Graphene" proudly created and formed in the university of Manchester has so much potential it looks exciting.

It's certainly nothing new as in "made yesterday" but imagine a mobile being folded up like a piece of paper?

I think samsung and China have the most interest in its potential.

If you don't know much about it take a look.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19918703

Comments

• It's just like the metal they allegedly found at the Roswell incident in 1947 .
  • Graphene was a discovery way ahead of its time. We're only now starting to scratch the surface of its true potential. Some of the theoretical uses for it are truly mindblowing - from potential use as a water filter - making salt water drinkable, to mobile power sources that are absolutely tiny, last for years and never need charging. And the potential for it in medicine is almost unbelievable - it'll be graphene that heralds things like recovery from paralysis/serious spinal injuries and huge advances in cancer treatments (strictly using nanotubes rather than graphene, but it's a similar material - like graphene 'rolled up')

As producing it becomes steadily cheaper, it will bring on as much of a materials revolution as plastics did in the last century. Science rules.
  • Only because God lets it Leroy
  • Only because God lets it Leroy

Lol - now I know you ain't one of 'them' GH. I bet there are a couple lurking in here though.
  • The Americans are now claiming that their stanene gives better conductivity, they're making claims of 100%.
    Info. link for anyone interested
    https://www6.slac.stanford.edu/news/2013-11-21-tin-super-material-stanene.aspx
  • Im no scientist but thought carbon holds incredibly strong bonds used in graphene which conducts electricity. That was the whole point of it, getting carbon based one atom thick that conducts electricity.

If the Americans have something more efficient then so be it.
  • Is it light enough to wrap Kermogant in for the rest of this season?