Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

WSSWSS
edited November 2013 in General Charlton
Not as convincing a defeat as some expected?

Still struggling to create/score though. Over to you, safe trip back travellers.

Comments

• Options
    Be nice to get a couple of loans in next week to freshen things up a bit.

Sounds as if we gave a good account of ourselves today, but the shortage of goals has become a real concern.
  • Options
    Need this takeover to happen clear uncertainty and concentrate on staying up
  • Options
    Sounds like we were beaten by a moment of magic from Austin.

So frustrating we don't have the quality in the final third that other sides have. Must win game on Tuesday
  • Options
    Listened to the 2nd half on the radio. Appears we battled and tried to play some football but without creating much against a very strong side which cost a fotune compared to ours.

Still disappointing and we are still down with the deadmen.

• Options
    A great goal was the difference. We gave a good account of ourselves against a team full of class players.

Lack of goals a real problem, could not see where one was going to come from today.
  • Options
    True grit required without the injection of money for a striker. Roll on Tuesday . Jackson's lack of hitting the target at free-kicks possibly the difference today?
  • Options
    Never had the guts to go for it. Bottled it.
  • Options
    This is the second time an Austin wonder-goal has turned a good 0-0 into a loss.
  • Options
    We defended pretty well, but nothing going forward whatsoever - QPR hardly broke sweat at the back. On the face of it an unlucky defeat given the one off nature of the goal, but had the feeling QPR could have stepped up a couple of gears if they really wanted to.

Need to get the contracts sorted out, we looked flat - missing the never say die Charlton spirit that propelled us last season.
  • Options
    If this takeover doesn't happen then I fear for our future. We urgently need some more quality going forward & to actually score some goals. We are already looking around trying to identify 3 worse teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would rather sordell than church if kerm isnt fit to start
  • Options
    Not really sure how we did. Every time I log on to CAFC Player I'm hoping it's not Emma commentating. She doesn't seem to realise we're receiving an audio not visual media. In terms of result a defeat is never good but think I can live with this one against one of the top sides. The right result against Donny (what with the contoversy) could give us a boost.
  • Options
    Never going to pull away from the bottom three un less we can sign a quality goalscorer.

12 in 15 games is really poor and only Yeovil have scored fewer. The run of clean sheets partially disguised the problem for a while, but I think we all knew it wasn't going to last against sides like Leeds and QPR.

More concerned about the harsh here-and-now of staying in the championship than speculating about a move to the Greenwich Peninsula in a few years time, to be honest.
  • Options
    We lost to a (on paper) mid table premiership side. Away. By one goal. Not too concerned to be honest
  • Options

Not really sure how we did. Every time I log on to CAFC Player I'm hoping it's not Emma commentating. She doesn't seem to realise we're receiving an audio not visual media. In terms of result a defeat is never good but think I can live with this one against one of the top sides. The right result against Donny (what with the contoversy) could give us a boost.

was the only plus point for me this week, getting to watch the game instead of her wretched "commentary"
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Valley11 said:

We lost to a (on paper) mid table premiership side. Away. By one goal. Not too concerned to be honest

Trouble is. There are quite a few teams. On paper. That could grace the premier league. In this division.

• Options
    Anyone who doubts should listen to the lead up to Austins goal, listen to Emma for say 15 seconds before it. I am sorry Emma but you are as bad as Jamie Reid, is it not your job to describe the play for the listener?
  • Options
    Their team is ridiculous (FFP anyone?) and I'm not worried by this result alone in the slightest.
  • Options
    as expected .. what can you expect against a side that cost millions to assemble and has even more millions available under the golden parachute ? .. it sounds like a gutsy performance .. our tactics seem to have reverted to negativity .. we need to attack more .. yes we are short on strikers but do not utilise enough what we have
  • Options
    Lack of goals starting to become a real issue. Quality attacking players add you points and thats exactly what Austin did today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

was the only plus point for me this week, getting to watch the game instead of her wretched "commentary"
    Even when she does try to give us some clue as to the goings on on the pitch she is far too slow to describe what's going on, more often than not getting tongue tied. So frustrating to listen to.

• Options

Lack of goals starting to become a real issue. Quality attacking players add you points and thats exactly what Austin did today.

other than a long range shot in the first half which their keeper didn't hold cleanly, I can't recall any other goalscoring chances we had...
  • Options
    not an unsurprising result. Need to beat Donny on Tuesday though.
  • Options
    On the way home, we did ok but only a few half chances. Difference is Church had one shot, weak and straight at Green. Austin on the other hand....wonder strike!!! Green did make one good save from long range in the first half but overall we did not threaten. Tuesday will be better.
  • Options
    And Hamer played well but I think Cousins was mom for me, assured calm performance.
  • Options
    Its all emmas fault this week,very poor commentary again
  • Options
    Oakster said:

other than a long range shot in the first half which their keeper didn't hold cleanly, I can't recall any other goalscoring chances we had...
    Pritchard was put in second half, but didn't react quickly enough.
  • Options
    Not surprised by the result or scorer. Won £28 having put a £2 free bet on Charlie Austin and 1-0.

Any points today would have been a bonus. Big games coming up in the next month or so, Doncaster, Yeovil and Sheff Wed.
  • Options
    Real game of two halves I thought.

Pritch and Wilson looked really shaky on the right to me, glad Powell made the change early on
  • Options
    Didn't go. Didn't follow on here. Simple equation. If we don't do something about the lack of goals we will go down. We'll win the next two though - i'm on holiday.