Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

QPR v Charlton - Match Thread

Afternoon all you Addicks from around the globe for this afternoons London Derby with Arry Boys big spending QPR.

RedMid may struggle to get online in time for ko. If that is the case I'd be very grateful if someone else wouldn't mind filling in until his return.

Team news to follow.

It's 2pm and nice and fresh here in London.

Let's have a check in of where you are in the world, the time and what the weather is like.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS !

Comments

• Is it on radio anywhere?
  • Have a ticket for this but missing out due to a stomach bug.

Looked on QPR forum you can watch the game on a stream on a maylasian proxy

qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=70494
  • BBC London DAB I think
  • edited November 2013
    Charlton: Hamer; Wilson, Wiggins, Morrison, Dervite; Pritchard, Stewart, Cousins, Jackson (c), Stephens; Church

subs: Alnwick; Hughes, Evina, Sordell, Harriott, Wood, Kermorgant

QPR XI: Green; Simpson, Dunne, Hill, Assou-Ekotto, Phillips, O’Neil, Barton, Jenas, Kranjcar, Austin.

Subs: Murphy; Traore, Johnson, SWP, Onyewu, Henry, Young.
  • If Wood is fit he should be straight in there. Disappointing
  • Wood back but only on the bench

Pritch back to tighten up the team after we let in four without him.

451 and a typical son of curbs away performance to impress the watching Arab/Yank/Brit buyers.
  • Is that Luke Young on the bench for them?
  • Afternoon all. Hoping that I can prise an alternative perspective from QPR player, and will update from there.
    Obviously I will be slow, and there will be typos but hey ho that's the way it is.
  • Is that Luke Young on the bench for them?

Think it must be... Completely forgot he was with QPR now although it looks like he hasnt played since 2011-12
  • Bloody heck that QPR team is strong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Bloody heck that QPR team is strong.

Just thought exactly the same thing!

Hoping it will be one of those games where we expect nothing and come away with it.
  • Greetings to all from a chilly Maryland.
  • If Wood is fit he should be straight in there. Disappointing

Absolutely.

• Morning from the crack of dawn California. Expecting sunny and 21 degrees today.
  • red_murph said:

Valley11 said:

Hoping it will be one of those games where we expect nothing and come away with it.
    A few Premier League teams would like that starting eleven. Palace definitely would...
  • We havent got a hope. COYR!
  • Still reckon 3-2 to us. COYRs indeed!!
  • Checking in from Prague. Seen that QPR team and gulped. But we are a good underdog team. COYR
  • Still gonna stick a quid on us to win 1-0.
  • Looked on QPR forum you can watch the game on a stream on a maylasian proxy

qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=70494

One of the QPR fans have offered a guide as to how to get this streamed (as you need to amend the proxy settings on your Computer to make it think your in Malaysia) and it does seem to have worked, not illegal either...

In firefox preferences choose the 'advanced' tab, and then choose 'network'

Below that, next to where it says ' Configure how Firefox connects to the Internet' click the 'settings…' button.

This will bring up the proxy configuration window. It'll probably be set to 'No Proxy'

Choose the 'Manual proxy configuration' option and type in the numbers 60.51.218.180 port 8080.
  • Sponsored links:

• Harry has to get that team promoted surely?! Insane for this league that starting eleven!
  • how do you find 'preferences' when you open a firefox browser, I can't see it?
  • edited November 2013
    I'm more concerned about our team than theirs !! Should be playing 2 up front & wingers to supply them.

Yes, I'm aware we are away and playing a top team, but feel we are too defensive and if QPR score early on then we have no plan b.
  • If I did have any expectations, that QPR line up would have just eliminated them. A good performance and determination will be satisfying enough, I don't expect a win but at least make them work!
    I imagine Wood is not 100% recovered yet, or else he would be starting, especially after the Leeds defending debacle.
  • Sunny Bermuda here.

C'mon Charlton!
  • When the red red robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up, wake up, you sleepy head,
    Get up, get up get out of bed,
    Cheer up, cheer up, the sun is red,
    Live, Love, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue,
    I’ll go walking through
    Fields of flowers,
    Rain may glisten but still I listen
    For hours, and hours.
    I’m like a kid again,
    Doing what I did again,
    Singing this song,
    When the Red Red Robin
    Goes Bob Bob Bobbin’ along!
  • seth plum said:

how do you find 'preferences' when you open a firefox browser, I can't see it?

Sorry had this problem myself (Just copied from their forum)

Options / Advanced / Network
  • Valley11 said:

My thoughts too. If we get anything from this game, I will be very pleased. COYR!
  • Checking in from a very stormy Sunshine Coast. Lot's of thunder and streak lightning, waiting for a power cut any minute now to ruin my night. Nearly 1 am, come on you reds!
  • red_murph said:

Valley11 said:

It does somewhat put it in perspective what a challenge we have on our hands to be competitive in this league eh! Still we've got Chrissy and they've got Harry so that makes it about even.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!