Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheffield Wednesday

Just watching them on sky. My god they are awful. How on earth are they in the championship?

Comments

• Any worse than we are when entertaining Scumwall??
  • edited November 2013
    JonnyK said:

Any worse than we are when entertaining Scumwall??

Thats my thinking...

What I cant understand though is Sky's love affair with them - They were showed endlessly last season and come the Leeds game in January they'll have been shown 4-times (Is it?) this season, they're bloody awful to watch!!
  • edited November 2013
    Maybe they're on so much coz they are Massive?? ;-)))
  • edited November 2013
    for how long will Llera get away with wearing that soppy hat/helmet .. it certainly gives him an unfair advantage .. I agree Wednesday look awful .. Jones is heading for the sack, he signs new players every week and hasn't got a clue what team or formation to choose. Huddersfield look good, and remember we played well against them at the JS stadium .. mind you, their goal was a yard offside .. both strikers were in fact
  • maybe theres a lot of bt sports subscribers in yorkshire?
  • for how long will Llera get away with wearing that soppy hat/helmet .. it certainly gives him an unfair adventage

I've often wondered if it gives him an advantage as the top / front isnt flat so surely he wont get greater accuracy when heading the ball (Not that he does anyway)

I s'pose its unfair on him if he was forced to leave it behind as Petr Cech is allowed one
  • for how long will Llera get away with wearing that soppy hat/helmet .. it certainly gives him an unfair adventage

I've often wondered if it gives him an advantage as the top / front isnt flat so surely he wont get greater accuracy when heading the ball (Not that he does anyway)

I s'pose its unfair on him if he was forced to leave it behind as Petr Cech is allowed one
    this is one of my hobby horses .. in rugby & football protective headgear allows a player to be braver and to put his head in places where he would not put it without any protection .. either all players or none at all should wear the gear .. as to Cech .. sad to say for a such a terrific keeper, if he can't play without the fear of injury or with necessary protection, then he should not be playing

I don't understand.

• If hats gave you an advantage, everyone would be wearing them. I'm sure that any advantage in terms of bravery is going to be cancelled out by disadvantages (visibility? manoeuvrability? audibility? hot and sweaty? distracting?).

I don't understand.

I think he's trying to say that Sky show them a lot to attract Northern BT subscribers ... a bit tongue in cheek
  • Sponsored links:

• Weds do look shit.
  • Although Mandaric has been fairly patient, the word up in Sheffield is that Dave Jones is drinking in the last chance saloon after an abject defeat at Derby. This result may finish him off, especially as it's a local derby.

How often does Cech head the ball though?
  • Ye but he still gets the bravery advantage
  • Kap10 said:

maybe theres a lot of bt sports subscribers in yorkshire?

I don't understand.

I think he's trying to say that Sky show them a lot to attract Northern BT subscribers ... a bit tongue in cheek
    They're all on Plusnet, Yorkshire broadband.
  • What about Rooneys hair plugs? Unfair!

this is one of my hobby horses .. in rugby & football protective headgear allows a player to be braver and to put his head in places where he would not put it without any protection .. either all players or none at all should wear the gear .. as to Cech .. sad to say for a such a terrific keeper, if he can't play without the fear of injury or with necessary protection, then he should not be playing
    Do you really think that? Is that what you genuinely think?
  • Where is operation pig, he was all over this forum when the Massives were doing well.
  • Sponsored links:

Do you really think that? Is that what you genuinely think?

yes
  • dickplumb said:

Where is operation pig, he was all over this forum when the Massives were doing well.

When was that?