Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Xbox one/Ps4

Does anyone have either of them yet and how good are they? Don't actually look much different from current consoles as I've seen just wondering how impressive they actually are.

1st hand experience is better then googling as it seems they are both in at war with each other. The business rivalry must be huge.

From what I've heard I would probably opt for a ps4 when it's cheaper!

Comments

• Played both at live lounges, FIFA 14 on both so direct comparison. Felt the XBOX is a tad gimmicky with the whole voice command thing, some people kept saying 'XBOX pause' etc during games, could get annoying. PS4 graphics were slightly slicker, made a bit less noise and seems unruffled in performance. However the controller will throw a few off, it's a lot different in the hands to the previous dualshocks. Xbox seem to have a better game range on launch (ps4 losing driveclub and watch_dogs was a blow) but I think the PS4 has the edge on future releases.

Overall for me the PS4 seemed to be a purer gaming experience and the stats are geared to the gaming, whereas the Xbox is very much a multi-media console, which can swing you either way, depending on your dedication to gaming.
  • Good review. I think ps4 will be the way to go. I love the metal gear solid series which might be exclusive to ps4 I wonder.
    Watch dogs looks great though.

Was fifa 14 any better on these consoles or just a slight graphic upgrade?
  • Fifa 14 played a lot faster, less cutscenes, less loading, players ran over for corners etc. like they do for throw ins, and the players feel more 'weighty' and strength was a major factor in 50/50's and in shots and heading.

Generally players don't feel as overpowered as on the current generation.

Oh and we're still dogshit ;-)