Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An adventure of space and time

Anyone else catch this? David Bradley take a bow spellbinding and heartbreaking performance.

Comments

• Options
    Really enjoyed it, but they ruined it with the cameo at the end - just wasn't needed at all.
  • Options
    F-Blocker said:

Really enjoyed it, but they ruined it with the cameo at the end - just wasn't needed at all.

agreed. Was put in for the fanboys and girls than anything else.
  • Options
    Not seen it yet, got it recorded though. Great to see David Bradley getting a leading role.
  • Options
    I so thought this was gonna be about the mighty boosh!
  • Options
    F-Blocker said:

I thought that was a nice touch, it showed the direct link between the original Doctor and the current one, and what the current programme owes to Hartnell
  • Options
    A proper acknowledgement to the history of the programme and those involved in creating it. Superb performance by bradley.
  • Options
    Mark Gatiss is good isn't he. I'd far rather see The League of Gentlemen reform than The Pythons.
  • Options
    F-Blocker said:

Disagree also. Didn't they do the same with Babs turning up in the Carry On one too.

The casting, writing, sets and acting, as with the Monty Python one, really is brilliant in these dramas imo and anyone who says that the BBC only produce biased, left wing, celebrity obsessed rubbish should be straped to chair and made to watch. So there!
  • Options
    Really really good, and I say that as someone who was born more than 30 years too late to have seen the original broadcast! Outstanding main performance but all round they were great too, Gatiss is clearly a fan who knows his history/trivia but not at the expense of the story - if/when Moffat steps down as show runner I wouldn't be surprised if Gatiss takes over to be honest.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Excellent drama. David bradley was just amazing, what a performance.
    As nice as I thought the cameo at the end was, it would've been better if it had all the Doctor's at the end, using a mix of new footage and archive footage with the help of cgi trickery, to show what a legacy William Hartnell helped to create.