Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronaldo

It's this kind of performance that makes you one of the best ever.. Would have been a shame not to see him in Brazil.

Comments

• Give him the Ballon D'or right now.
  • edited November 2013
    Now hoping the opening game of the finals will be Brazil v Portugal.
  • I think I saw he alone has more goals in 2013 than any premier league team

Amazing player
  • Great great player his finishing is unreal
  • Wow, just seen he has a hat trick tonight. Would have watched if I'd known it was on sky.

France have turned it round as well
  • Great game far better than a friendly
  • Seems like this is the only way to stop him.

youtu.be/fTnu0IdnZro
  • Ashley Cole knows how to mark him
  • He has scored as many hat tricks this season as Palace have goals. 6.
  • For me the best player in the word. He has the absolute lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• For me the best player in the word. He has the absolute lot.

He is devastating. So exciting to watch
  • Superb tonight. Felt for Ibrahimovic, who nearly turned it round for Sweden on his own and who has probably seen his last chance of a World Cup go. But Ronaldo was fantastic and such a clinical finisher.

Only thing is that both those guys are just so much better than all their teammates & can see Portugal struggling if Ronaldo is crocked, or has an off-day.
  • As talented as he is, he's still a total knob
  • The best players do it in the big games and that was a huge game for Portugal - away from home if you please - and the bloke bangs in a hat-trick.

For me he is a better all-round player than Messi and one of the best of all-time, he has EVERYTHING.
  • PL54 said:

As talented as he is, he's still a total knob

True. But as a fan of football, seeing him in action, doing things most players couldn't even dream of doing, having the skill and power and tricks and finishing, I'd forgive him being an arrogant arsehole. He's not a jack of all trades, he's a master of all trades.... and a total knob besides.
  • Always been in the "Messi is better" camp up until this season - purely because he has been with his goals and assists (last 3/4 years anyway). But I think Ronaldo might have reached ANOTHER new level now. Ludicrous that he was 7/1 for the Ballon d'Or no more than a month ago.

If you were lucky enough to get him at that price, or even at 2/1 as he was this evening, then enjoy your money!
  • edited November 2013
    Always been in the "Messi is better" camp up until this season - purely because he has been with his goals and assists (last 3/4 years anyway). But I think Ronaldo might have reached ANOTHER new level now. Ludicrous that he was 7/1 for the Ballon d'Or no more than a month ago.

If you were lucky enough to get him at that price, or even at 2/1 as he was this evening, then enjoy your money! 8/11 best price now.
  • Was outstanding tonight. The World Cup is about seeing the best players in action and he is probably the best at the moment. Should have had four tonight. Created himself another chance and then stuck it wide.

If you watched England instead then more fool you.
  • Always preferred Ronny to Messi, his overall play is better, and he's done it for the past 3/4 seasons with a lower standard of players compared to Messi and Barcelona. He can head the ball, has tons of skill, ridiculously quick, unstoppable shot, amazing set pieces, and he can tackle too.

If Bale is worth 90 million, Ronaldo is worth 250 million in my eyes
  • sam3110 said:

Always preferred Ronny to Messi, his overall play is better, and he's done it for the past 3/4 seasons with a lower standard of players compared to Messi and Barcelona. He can head the ball, has tons of skill, ridiculously quick, unstoppable shot, amazing set pieces, and he can tackle too.

If Bale is worth 90 million, Ronaldo is worth 250 million in my eyes

Ronaldo's hardly playing in a bad team at Real Madrid! Thing is, everything Ronaldo has done in the last 3/4 seasons you speak of, so has Messi (and more). That's why he's won the Ballon d'Or for the last four years in a row.

But Ronaldo has had an even more incredible year and this season he's just moved up another notch somehow.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2013
    People talk about Rooney being one of the best players in the world. Must be off their heads. Nowhere near Ronaldo, Messi or even Ibrahimovic.

You could say he won that game on his own last night, but that pass for his third was pretty special.
  • Incredible player and fantastic player, but I watched both legs and Portugal massively rely on Ronaldo and I'm not sure what it would do for their game plan if he was injured.
  • Can't stand the Messi v Ronaldo comparison.

They are both world class players, that have different attributes that make them what they are. Just enjoy them both.

All this he's better than him cos of this just reminds me of people that play far too much FIFA on computer.
  • Chunes said:

People talk about Rooney being one of the best players in the world. Must be off their heads. Nowhere near Ronaldo, Messi or even Ibrahimovic.

My thoughts exactly. He doesn't even come close in my opinion. Not even in the top 10 strikers in Europe.
  • Don't think i've ever heard anyone call Rooney one of the best players in the world.
  • JT said:

Don't think i've ever heard anyone call Rooney one of the best players in the world.

The TV pundits are constantly knocking one out over him and referring to him as world class!
  • STAT

Ronaldo has more career hatricks than Marouane Chamakh's total Premier league shots
  • edited November 2013
    I know Portugal are much more than just Ronaldo but he could win the World Cup by himself given a chance...

• de boy's a geenyus
  • edited November 2013
    JT said:

Don't think i've ever heard anyone call Rooney one of the best players in the world.

Heard it so many times JT. ITV whip it out every united game. Moyes called him and Van Persie the best in the world last week.