Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Excuses for being ill.

Pedro 45 posted the following about Ray Harper claiming that he was unwell because

- his original gig was postponed as he caught a disease after giving a sheep the kiss of life, and it got re-arranged on a night when we drew 1-1 with Bolton I think (1976?)

Has anyone else ever fallen ill from something bizzare/slightly iffy sounding or hard to explain to the beak?

Comments

• Posted this on here before but a gay guy I used to work with was off sick. His doctors certificate read..... Collapsed rectal muscles.
  • Posted this on here before but a gay guy I used to work with was off sick. His doctors certificate read..... Collapsed rectal muscles.

WTF happened to confidentiality?

• I worked with guy who rung in with the excuse; I've had an absolute skinful, see you tomorrow.
    I dont know if he was angling for the bullet but within 3 months he got transfered followed by a nice redundancy,

Don't worry, he didn't say who'd done it.

Don't worry, he didn't say who'd done it.
    lol

• When I was a kid, I called into my weekend job on a Saturday telling them I wouldn't be coming in as I was playing cricket. Needless to say when I turned up the next day I was politely told to fuck off...
  • When I was a kid, I called into my weekend job on a Saturday telling them I wouldn't be coming in as I was playing cricket. Needless to say when I turned up the next day I was politely told to fuck off...

Did you win ?

Haha got to admire the youthful naivety of not even bothering to lie.
  • I don't know if this is true but a friend told me that someone at his work rang in saying he needed the day off as his girlfriend was having a baby.

Came in the next day and was asked if it was a girl or boy and replied he didn't know - you have to wait 9 months to find out.
  • I had a bloke call in sick once, so I asked him just how sick he was ffs. I'm in bed with me sister was his reply!

....and yeah, he was Norwich!