Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Chile

Should be an interesting one this.

Shame the FA are only really interesting in the coin as this would have been a great bit of prep playing it in South America.

Who do you want to see being given game time tonight ?

Comments

• Options
    Chile in need.
  • Options
    Would like to see Forster given a go in this and the Germany game to see if he can stake a claim. Heard that Hart may be benched so likely to happen.

Lallana should be given a start also. Keeps the ball well and scores goals from midfield.
  • Options
    Forster for me too. Hope he starts.
  • Options

Would like to see Forster given a go in this and the Germany game to see if he can stake a claim. Heard that Hart may be benched so likely to happen.

Lallana should be given a start also. Keeps the ball well and scores goals from midfield.

Agree with that. Forster definitely deserves a start. He has been outstanding for Celtic in the CL in the last 18 months.

Will be interesting to see how Townsend does next two games. He has been average for Tottenham since his last two England appearances in my opinion (he's been nothing more than average all season in truth!) Has done nothing to warrant starting for Spurs in the PL ahead of the likes of Lennon and Lamela. Really wouldnt have been surprised if AVB has dumped him on the bench but not so yet.
  • Options
    Lay England at 2.1 - can't see a depleated side beating a very good Chile
  • Options
    we've only got three fit strikers, Rooney, Rodriguez and some spud.

will be interesting to see how the Southampton boys get on & Kieran Gibbs if he plays.

other than that, I'm out so will predict the most bland game of football ever seen in this country.

0-0.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Forster and Lallana for me too, would give them both 90mins to see how they do.
  • Options
    Forster / Lallana / Henderson / Rodriguez for me
  • Options
    not sure about Henderson as I always though he was pretty poor. however I have heard that he's improved this season. probably why he's got a call up.
    Looking forward in seeing lallana play for England. has been great for Southampton for a couple of years now.
  • Options
    Think we are good value at 11/10. Few players eager to impress.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going to this game, on my way to Wembley now.

Not expecting an amazing display of football, but England should win reasonably comfortably.

I've gone 2-0. Expecting to see half the Southampton squad on the teamsheet.
  • Options
    Forster, Johnson, Cahill, Jones, Baines, Lampard, Wilshere, Milner, Lallana, Rodriguez, Rooney
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks Milner is toilet?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

He's not, he's just not exciting. Better used in tough games when a point would be decent or coming off the bench to shore things up.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

No. Far from it, I suspect.
  • Options
    Think a few people are under estimating Chile. They drew 2-2 in Brazil and were a minute away from beating Spain in a recent friendly. Vidal is a big loss for them though but they play good attacking football, tonight is a big test.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Talal said:

MrOneLung said:

He's not, he's just not exciting. Better used in tough games when a point would be decent or coming off the bench to shore things up.
    He's got talent, he was excellent for City against Norwich. When our RB's are so defensively weak, he's got to have in front to help out.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Forster and Lallana have played against us in league one and especially Forster impressed at the Valley (Norwich 2010). Good luck to them and Jay Rodriguez
  • Options
    0-1 Sanchez
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got £20 at 7/5 both sides score, so come on England!
  • Options
    No England player has ever annoyed me more than Glenn Johnson
  • Options
    Should be losing by more than 1 really
  • Options
    Chile are really good. The best part of the World Cup is seeing nations we don't know much about going a long way.
  • Options
    Not sure id call them really good. Both sides have been extremely average.
  • Options
    An hour and a half of my life wasted! Why do I bother watching these meaningless friendlies???

Let's hope the Germany game has a bit more edge to it and we play our near enough first choice 11.
  • Options
    Ross Barkley has taken the Danny Green approach to Cameo Appearance Fouling !
  • Options
    and there's the second. Sanchez looks quality, something England just haven't got.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2013
    0-2. Deserved victory for Chile. Goal from giving the ball away cheaply in midfield again.

The worst English performance, I have seen for some time. England have been totally lacking in any cohesion or rhythm in the second half. Many substitutions don't help but that's not the main reason. Final ball terrible, passing terrible, Chile midfield much better. Without Welbeck (edited) and Sturridge England don't really look like scoring. Lampard looking a bit past it. Embarrasing really.The game has not been easy to watch, very disjointed. Chile fall over too easily, but England players should not give them the opportunity. Chile far superior though. Deserve the victory. On this kind of performance, Germany will be very easy winners on Tuesday.

At least it helps dampens down any 'England will win the World Cup' delusions.
  • Options
    Beckford?