Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options

Thornbridge do some good limited releases. Wylam's brewery are producing some great beers, well worth searching out.
  • Options
    Long shot, but has anyone tried the Staggeringly Good tap room in Portsmouth?

Down that way for a couple of nights with work soon and thought it might be worth checking out in the evening.
  • Options

Down that way for a couple of nights with work soon and thought it might be worth checking out in the evening.

Only popped in once, very briefly on a Saturday afternoon when Pompey were away (it's right behind Fratton Park). Decent beer and nice little tap room. Definitely worth checking out
  • Options

Thornbridge do some good limited releases. Wylam's brewery are producing some great beers, well worth searching out.

I had Love Among the Ruins a week or so ago. I enjoy a sour beer, but this was just too much funk. Vinegary poison.
  • Options

Only popped in once, very briefly on a Saturday afternoon when Pompey were away (it's right behind Fratton Park). Decent beer and nice little tap room. Definitely worth checking out
    Cheers, thought it looked decent but as you'll know Portsmouth can be, erm, hit and miss shall we say?!
  • Options

Cheers, thought it looked decent but as you'll know Portsmouth can be, erm, hit and miss shall we say?!
    Oh definitely! It's certainly not the greatest area around there. For other bars, try Southsea. There are apparently quite a few places doing decent beer down there now.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Riv, was that you I drove past at 4pm in Westmount Road, you was wearing a pink polo shirt and shorts ?
  • Options

Riv, was that you I drove past at 4pm in Westmount Road, you were wearing a pink polo shirt and shorts ?

It was light red if you don't mind!
  • Options
    Well as you know in January I posted about a mate who had left some beers, well I am now hooked on pale ale, am currently drinking Velo from the black sheep brewery, but my favourite tipple is tribute, love it, whenever I go in a boozer now looking for their pale ale. Must try one of the micro pubs next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    angels and demons brewery top booze end of
  • Options
    In London for a quick visit. Lovely pint of Kernal Pale ale in the Pelt Trader
  • Options
    When I read Meantime Brewery has a Tasting Room I had this vision of a very calm quiet place where you paid a fixed price for a sample of all their beers.

FFS. It's a bar. You go up to the bar and order. Which means you need to know what you want to order. Expert advice? Do eff off, where do you think you are, Germany?

And when you get your beer and sit down (if you are lucky) you will be shouting to your friends all the time, since the accoustics are shite. It will be much like most other modern English city bars. But a Tasting room? Do eff off.

However the Shop next door is open until 23,00, so we picked up our beers to take to the brilliant little BYO Asian place in Trafalgar Road. Begins with Z. Thanks to the Lifer who mentioned it a while back on that thread.
  • Options
    Sorry, but what does Meantime "Brewery" have to do with beer?
  • Options
    Had a couple of pints of Old Dairy red top in my new local, The River, this week; absolute nectar.
  • Options
    Anybody else tried Neapolitan by Northern Monk? An ice cream pale ale! Very nice.
  • Options

Anybody else tried Neapolitan by Northern Monk? An ice cream pale ale! Very nice.

Northern Monk make some superb beers. For anyone who goes to Leeds,their brewery and tap is not far from the Southern exit of the station.

Had a few great beers from Buxton brewery. The highlight being a peanut butter Imperial Stout (12%).
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Really enjoyed a few of the beers on at Wetherspoons beer festival - the best was Fort Oatmeal Porter by Fort Cerveza Artesanal, a brewery in Barcelona (but brewed in Edinburgh for the festival).

Really tasty and smooth porter.
  • Options

@Arry Addick had the gingerbread ice cream ale (brown) followed by a nice IPA (New World) tonight
  • Options
    If you're on Twitter...

(It's very good beer)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@Arry Addick had the gingerbread ice cream ale (brown) followed by a nice IPA (New World) tonight

Is that Northern Monk too?
  • Options

Is that Northern Monk too?
    Yes both of them. As was the mango lassi at record in Bradford, albeit that's a collaboration with an Indian brewery.
  • Options
    - see Dark Star Brewery gets a mention on here - the APA is great. Also try Devils backbone APA, the new giant Wetherspoons in Ramsgate sells it so maybe other JPW's do. Micro Pubs are great - can walk to six from my home in Broadstairs.
  • Options
    Anybody had a pint of this?
  • Options
    Baltic Trader 10.5% really sweet. Gorgeous beer.
  • Options
    Stig said:

That's not beer at 10.5%!
  • Options
    Barley Wine if you like. Still beer in my books.
  • Options
    The Dog and Bell in Deptford is well worth a visit. We always try and get there for two or three pre-match pub lunches every season. Good beer and food, all very reasonably priced. They've got a Scottish Beer Festival next weekend (1 to 3 December), with over 20 beers - https://twitter.com/thedogandbell?lang=en
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Stig said:

Imperial Russian Stout.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Riviera said:

Stig said:

Imperial Russian Stout.
    I remember back in the 1970s drinking Courage bottled Imperial Russian Stout.
    Hadn't seen it since - had no idea it was available again.