Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Yes he has been ill.
    Funnily I saw him play when he was about 17 and he was thin as a rake. A few years later on TV he was twice the size. 
  • Options
    Forgot to Update this Scotland won the World Cup.

John Higgins and Stephen Maguire beat China B's Liang Wenbo and Zhou Yuelong 4-0 in the final
  • Options
    Massive massive problems ahead of The Riga Masters which starts tomorrow.

Big issues with flights today, debris on a runway then a storm has stopped flights, a load of players having to drop out including  defending champ Neil Robertson.

@WorldSnooker won’t re schedule any matches so unfortunately my defence of the Riga masters will go unopposed. Was debris on the on the run way after a private jet landed delaying the flight for a few hours and then the storms came. No flights in the morning to make my 11am😢
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Interestingly Rob Milkins, who was due to play Neil Robertson, is also one of the players stranded, so with World Snooker refusing to move the match, I am assuming Ben Woollaston will get an automatic bye to the last 32
  • Options

Joke really, they really should be doing something. Its different if its 1 or 2 players but there is around 10+ and spectators, includes Kyren Wilson, I forget who else. I do understand they are in a bit of a lose/lose situation because of the rest have arrived early or might have only booked in for a certain amount of time.

Normally I would say what more can they do? but its a ranking event, points at stake so it could impact the whole season, there might be a few who qualified who don't normally play many events who are affected too.

• Options

Joke really, they really should be doing something. Its different if its 1 or 2 players but there is around 10+ and spectators, includes Kyren Wilson, I forget who else. I do understand they are in a bit of a lose/lose situation because of the rest have arrived early or might have only booked in for a certain amount of time.

Normally I would say what more can they do? but its a ranking event, points at stake so it could impact the whole season, there might be a few who qualified who don't normally play many events who are affected too.

Seen people on twitter blaming Robertson for example on his post above for travelling the night before.

These people need to remember he has a fiancee and a young baby, so he cant always travel days before an event.

I dont see why World Snooker cant say, the people who are in Riga and ready your matches are played 1st amd give the other a few extra hours to get there.
  • Options
    So far that I know off

Neil Robertson
    Kyren Wilson
    Rob Milkins
    Joe O'Connor
    Jamie O'Neil
    Duane Jones
    Louis Heathcote
    Soheil Vahedi
    Bai Langning
    Chang Bingyu

Will be forced to miss the event

• Options

Seen people on twitter blaming Robertson for example on his post above for travelling the night before.

These people need to remember he has a fiancee and a young baby, so he cant always travel days before an event.

I dont see why World Snooker cant say, the people who are in Riga and ready your matches are played 1st amd give the other a few extra hours to get there.

You would think that, but there will be more too it. I have also seen a lot of the twitter stuff , kind of agree with you pretty much but understand why they cant. I think as a one off they should move matches if people can who are already there, not saying that will be possible though and wont happen anyway by the looks of it.

I did tweet world snooker to that affect this morning, I think it really de-values the whole event firstly having so many players missing/ walkthroughs and also without Neil Robertson/ Kyren Wilson who are one of the bigger stars.

Selby probably wins this now or at least has a greater chance

• Options

quite funny that :)

World snooker confirmed 33 mins ago Ben Woolaston advances to round 2 with a bye , also said they were putting 3-3

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So far that I know off

Neil Robertson
    Kyren Wilson
    Rob Milkins
    Joe O'Connor
    Jamie O'Neil
    Duane Jones
    Louis Heathcote
    Soheil Vahedi
    Bai Langning
    Chang Bingyu

Will be forced to miss the event

Harvey Chandler also failed to turn up
  • Options
    Apologies for not keeping up with the Riga Masters, Yan Bingtao won the event in the end beating Mark Joyce 5-2 in the final
  • Options
    International Championship
    Qualification

Sunny Akani 6-4 Li Yingdong
    Mark Allen 6-1 Peter Lines
    Sam Craigie 6-2 Pang Junxu
    Anthony McGill 6-3 Zhao Jianbo
    Judd Trump 6-3 Jordan Brown
    Yan Bingtao 6-1 Alfie Burden
    Ding Junhui 6-5 Simon Lichtenberg
    John Higgina 6-5 Wu Yize

• Options
    International Championship
    Round 1

Neil Robertson 6-2 Nigel Bond
    Mark Davies 6-3 Matt Selt
    Graeme Dott 6-1 Michael White
    Elliot Slessor 6-4 Louis Heathcote
    Stuart Bingham 6-1 Mark Joyce
    Ali Carter 6-5 Alan McManus
    Kurt Maflin 6-4 Ryan Day
    Ricky Walden 6-2 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    Daniel Wells 6-2 Barry Hawkins
    Rob Milkins 6-3 Zhou Yuelong
    Stephen Maguire 6-0 Stuart Carrington
    Dave Gilbert 6-2 Ken Doherty
    Scott Donaldson 6-4 Martin Gould
    Jimmy Robertson 6-4 Matthew Stevens
    Joe Perry 6-2 Chris Wakelin
    Gary Wilson 6-1 Peter Ebdon
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Not much round up this week @paulie8290 must be very busy, or constantly refreshing the transfer rumours page :)

Judd Trump beat Joe Perry 6-2, firstly to make the quarters, even more important we have a new world no1. Well done Judd, showing he hasn't wasted the talent like was first mentioned by lots (probably me included) , see how long he can stay at the top and who can challenge him.

• Options
    Also a small mention, Monday IPA Premier league Pool started on freesports, advertised at 7pm, but got underway 7:30. 10 top players playing blackball pool channel 422 for sky users, I recommend it if you enjoy pool or snooker. Its on record for me as I have pool league that night (one of a few lol)
  • Options

Right semi finals are as follows:

Mark Allen v Shaun Murphy

Judd Trump v Mark Selby

Allen is the defending champion, Trump new world number one this week.

• Options

The weekend there was the Paul Hunter Classic, only short races and didn't really hear much of it:

Barry Hawkins beat Kyren Wilson 4-3

Seniors World Championship -  Jimmy White beat Darren Morgan 5-3, week before, potential to get into the champions of champions (dependent on repeat winners) Also his first win at the crucible

The International Champion - Trump beat Murphy 10-3 (this was the last scores posted on here)

Next Tournament: 6 Red World Championship 2nd September, defending champ Kyren Wilson

• Options

So the  6 Reds World Championship started yesterday, not sure if you can view it anywhere I couldn't find it on the sky planner. Possibly betting sites or as things progress... No need to go through the rules as its self explanatory, a normal game of snooker with 6 reds not 15 :)  Winner gets £82k , I don't think its a ranking event

Top break: 75

Groups A - G, I wont run through everyone as its very difficult to put on here. If you want to see the full list http://http//www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=854

I will try to update once we get down to the business end

Jimmy White is in it, Reanne Evans/ NG Yee, also a lot of the crew, K Wilson, Selby, Mags, G Wilson, Ding , Perry, Higgins , Yan Bingtao. Just a selection of names to wet your taste buds :)

• Options
    @paulie8290 have you retired from updates, or just taking a break mate? Hope you're good bud
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

6 Reds Results:

Quarter final:

Stephen Maguire 6-2 Allister Carter

Gary Wilson 6-5 Ding

Higgins 6-4 Gilbert

Wiliams 6-3 Bingham

Semi final: Higgins 4-2 up vs Williams currently, Mags to play Wilson. Final to be played tomorrow.

• Options

Stephen Maguire wins the Sangsom6 Reds World Championship, beating John Higgins 8-6, he actually won it in 2014 too.... his last title from what I can see, non ranking title but picked up just over £100k so cant be all that bad.

The Shanghai Masters started yesterday:

Xiao Guodong beat 6 reds champion Stephen Maguire 6-2

Ding beat Jianbo(a) 6-2

Hawkins prevailed in a decider 6-5 against Yan Bingtao

Zhang Yi beat Ali Carter 6-3 (Good)

Murphy beat Lu Haotian 6-1, also currently has the highest break 135

Jack Lisowski beat the amateur Wu Yize 6-1

Todays result so far

Liang Wembo beat Stuart Bingham 6-4

Dave Gilbert beat Cao jin(a) 6-0

#bringbackpaulie

@paulie8290

• Options

Murphy beat Williams 6-5, got a new high break of 136 which was equalled by Ronnie in his 6-0 thrashing of Zhang Yi

Lisowski beat Selby 6-3

K Wilson beat Guodong 6-4

Round 2 concludes tomorrow, Quarter finals Thursday

Currently Quarterfinal line up :

Ronnie O Sullivan v Kyren Wilson

Higgins/ Hawkins v Robertson / Ding

Murphy v Lisowski

Allen/Wembo v Trump/ Gilbert

looking a good line up , I couldn't pick a winner, can you?

• Options

The Quarter finals today, 2 currently being played

Hawkins v Robertson

Allen v Trump

Being played at 12:30:

Ronnie v K Wilson

Murphy v Lisowski

• Options

We have our semi final, fab 4:

OUT - World Champ Trump loses 6-1 to Mark Allen

Nearly- Ronnie comes back from 5-1 down to beat Kyren Wilson 6-5

Robertson vs Ronnie, (Robbo beat Hawkins 6-2)

Murphy vs Allen (Murphy beats Lisowski 6-1)

• Options

Semi final result:

Murphy beats Allen 10-3, I didn't watch it but looks like most were with breaks around 50. No centuries!

tomorrow should be a cracker Ronnie vs Robbo

• Options
    Anyone been keeping check on the World Open?

mark Williams won it last year but decided to not enter this year so we will have a new champion
    I think lisowski might win it
  • Options
    So whiilst I havent been updating thos thread, i have still be watching snooker just wasnt sure I was able to fully commit with everything thats going on.

I now believe I can, and will happily return to given my full updates providing enough people want them.

So if you want my full updates to return let me know on this thread and I will start with the Champion of Champions tomorrow.
  • Options
    Anyone??
  • Options
    Yes please Paulie and thanks to JohnnyBev too.