Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• World Championship
    Round 1
    1st session
    Result

Dave Gilbert 6-3 Joe Perry
  • Cracking match between Selby and Zhao. I can't help but find Selby incredibly dull.
  • It was a good match, I wont agree with the dullness just very professional. Didn't really mind who won that one but Xintong had a few chances at the end, still a good debut and think he will be challenging in the next year or 2. Needs to learn when to switch to attacking, his safety is good but sometimes his decisions are bad, he is still young though.

This morning Rocket Ronnie needs to go up a gear or 2, otherwise that could be the biggest shock ever. Also Bingham v Dott starts this morning

8/16 matches completed first round, still a lot of twists and turns to go I reckon.

• edited April 2019
    Fasten your seat belts this morning, Ronnie out with a 97 (tough last red), Then goes on next frame misses on 48 and Cahill makes a clearance 88. Game on! 5-6 Cahill, but Ronnie is defo up for this today
  • Something not quite right about this, its like he is trying to lose... Cahill having about 4 easy chances a frame. Ronnie was firing frame 1, just gifted another to go 8-5. I cant even give Cahill credit as he isn't even playing that well, Ronnie is leaving them there for him.
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    Result

James Cahill 10-8 Ronnie O'Sullivan
  • Said it before and will say it again ROS will not win another World Championship
  • Said it before and will say it again ROS will not win another World Championship
    I agree. He doesn't seem to have the temperament to win it any more.
  • That's an incredible result.  Possibly the biggest shock in world championship history.  I remember Ronnie once saying in an interview that there were too many numpties on the tour. Well ronnie ,you've just been beaten in the world championship by an amateur, who is certainly no numpty. 

Karma is a bitch!
  • watched the last 3 frames this morning. Ronnie O'Sullivan was caught by the cameras yawning & almost falling asleep. Don't know if he was up all night practicing (as that's the only professional excuse) or whether he is going through something else ( personal problems or ill health/not sleeping) but it didn't look good.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's an incredible result.  Possibly the biggest shock in world championship history.  I remember Ronnie once saying in an interview that there were too many numpties on the tour. Well ronnie ,you've just been beaten in the world championship by an amateur, who is certainly no numpty. 

Karma is a bitch!

A few days after he said that he lost to Elliott Slessor and the interviewer afterwards reminded him off his comments and his excuse was Slessor was in a false position haha

I hate I told you so's , but you are probably correct now looking on that performance!

watched the last 3 frames this morning. Ronnie O'Sullivan was caught by the cameras yawning & almost falling asleep. Don't know if he was up all night practicing (as that's the only professional excuse) or whether he is going through something else ( personal problems or ill health/not sleeping) but it didn't look good.

Something doesn't add up to me, I mean fairplay to Cahill at the end held his nerve. But Ronnie gifted him so many frames where he let him in 3/4 times some frames. Cahill wouldn't have beaten any of the other top 16 with that performance, it sounds harsh/bitter, but its the truth. Ronnie looked like he was throwing the match at times, clicked in 5-8 to go level 8-8, then Cahill did well and the last frame was a bit harsh with the pot when splitting the pack but I did think it probably didn't need such a big split.

Well done Cahill, good luck in the next round (half, I have Maguire in a auction thing with a mate so if he gets to Quarters would be a bonus as expected him to be playing Ronnie lol)

Karma is a bitch!
    Davis lost 10-1 to Knowles in 1982. He was pretty much unbeatable at the time and Knowles was relatively unknown. I can't think of any other shocks that come close.
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    1st session
    Result

Stuart Bingham 8-1 Graeme Dott
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    1st session
    Result 

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 6-3 Judd Trump
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    Result

Dave Gilbert 10-7 Joe Perry
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    1st session
    Result

Am away in Butlin’s so not seen any snooker but thought this would be a tight one. 
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    Result

Stuart Bingham 10-9 Graeme Dott
  • MrOneLung said:
    World Championship
    Round 1
    1st session
    Result

Am away in Butlin’s so not seen any snooker but thought this would be a tight one. 
    It was in the end haha
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    1st session
    Result 

Zhou Yuelong 7-2 Mark Allen
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done James Cahill, what a result that was.  And the brown in the final frame - terrific!
  • Stuart Bingham lost a frame with the 3 misses rule

For those not aware, if you can see a red clearly and u miss 3 times in a row the frame is lost.

Its actually happened already this year in the Masters Ding lost a frame to Brecel in the same way
  • just started to catch up on this. been a busy Easter. Ronnie looked at deaths door when he was interviewed after the match. gifted several chances to Cahill. still, what a scalp to take.

Bingham held on well at the end against Dott. felt sorry for Dott getting it back to a decider after being 8-1 down. thought he had it in the bag at one stage but actually think his choice (I know he's not the tallest but I'm sure he could of reached it) of using all those attachments hindered his shot which let Bingham get back in and eventually but ultimately win the match.

• Thepchaiya having his chances against Trump but isnt taking them
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    Result

Judd Trump 10-9 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    1st session
    Result

Barry Hawkins 8-1 Li Hang
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    Result

Zhou Yuelong 10-7 Mark Allen 
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    1st session
    Result

Kyren Wilson 6-2 Scott Donaldson
  • edited April 2019
    Jack Lisowski is a strange player.  At times he looks like the most talented player in the world, but then he'll make the sort of mistakes that you'd expect to see in the local club.  So inconsistent & very strange to watch 
  • World Championship
    Round 1
    1st session
    Result

Ali Carter 5-4 Jack Lisowski