Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    I agree, this could really kick start his career to thrash Ronnie that has to give him confidence, could be a force come the World Championships? Or is Ronnie going to come back with a bite.

Well done Trump
  • Options
    Trump is O'Sullivan's nemesis. He's now 6-4 ahead in finals, I believe.
    When Davis was at the top and Hendry was up and coming they played a series of exhibition matches around the country. Hendry lost any fear he had against Davis. O'Sullivan did the same with Trump. I think Trump is one of the few players who scares O'Sullivan.
  • Options
    147 DAVE GILBERT
  • Options
    And there we have it folks the answer to a future quiz question

Dave Gilbert has made the 147th 147 in Snooker history and his 2nd his 1st coming in 2015
  • Options
    148th 147 Neil Robertson

Neil Made the 148th 147 and his 4th
  • Options
    148th 147 Neil Robertson

Neil Made the 148th 147 and his 4th
    Welcome back sir! 
  • Options
    O'Sullivan had ton number 992 chalked off because having potted the pink for 101 he potted the next red before the ref had respotted the pink. 
  • Options
    O'Sullivan had ton number 992 chalked off because having potted the pink for 101 he potted the next red before the ref had respotted the pink. 
    Which was correct by the ref.

The shot is not complete until the colour is re-spotted, which is why the ref doesnt say the score until the colour is re-spotted.

• Options
    Which was correct by the ref.

The shot is not complete until the colour is re-spotted, which is why the ref doesnt say the score until the colour is re-spotted.

I agree thats fair, hard luck but he should know the rules.
  • Options
    Yes, ref was correct. I didn't see the match but heard O'Sullivan was smashing the balls around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, ref was correct. I didn't see the match but heard O'Sullivan was smashing the balls around.
     Yeah, he was at a stage earlier this year when he looked good and the concentration was there.

But yesterday he was back to looking like he cant be bothered, taking stupid shots on and Lam should have won.

Play like that today and he will lose and Sijun(Sijun is 1-0 ahead)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Starting to think the WPBSA need to look into match fixing with Ronnie.

A betting company (cant remember which 1) were offering odds on if Ronnie will get his 1,000 Century this week.

He had the foul yesterday and today on 99 he had a blue that he could easily of potted rushed it and missed.

In his interview afterwards he said he doesnt want the 1,000th this week.

Seems very very odd to me
  • Options
    Starting to think the WPBSA need to look into match fixing with Ronnie.

A betting company (cant remember which 1) were offering odds on if Ronnie will get his 1,000 Century this week.

He had the foul yesterday and today on 99 he had a blue that he could easily of potted rushed it and missed.

In his interview afterwards he said he doesnt want the 1,000th this week.

Seems very very odd to me
    Give over! He wants it at the Worlds, thats not match fixing as he has already won the frames.... 

Just because a betting firm was offering odds he would hit the 1000 this week, he has no  obligation or ties to this. As far as i am concerned there cant be Match (Key word) Fixing just for someone not hitting centuries even if deliberate....

My mates have said he has sort of just been bashing balls about this week, i cant really comment as i haven't watched it, disrespectful by the sounds of it. 
  • Options
    Stretching it a bit Paulie, I think he's being a dickhead but don't think it's anything to do with betting. I think he wants the 1000th at the Crucible.
  • Options
    NOPPON SAENGKHAM 147
  • Options
    149th 147 in Snooker history and Noppons 1st.

His highest career break was 144 before this
  • Options
    O'Sullivan defeated by Ursenbacher 4-2 & a 147 break by Poppen Saengkham to go1-1 with Mark Selby this afternoon.
  • Options
    I'd never  heard of Joe O'connor before but his performance against Higgins tonight was inspired. New future star? 
  • Options
    I'd never  heard of Joe O'connor before but his performance against Higgins tonight was inspired. New future star? 
    Great tournament by him, one of my pool mates (someone i know and see every so often) knows him and Phil O Kane, so will be keeping an eye out.

Nice to see Robertson win, he had a good week. 
  • Options

Snooker Shoot-Out starts today, divides opinion

live on quest if you're interested.

https://www.questod.co.uk/channel/quest

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Snooker Shoot-Out starts today, divides opinion

live on quest if you're interested.

https://www.questod.co.uk/channel/quest

Also live on Eurosport in HD.  Not seen it before.  They don't get long for a shot which makes it more exciting I think.  Not sure about putting the white anywhere after a foul though...
  • Options

Yeah, Eurosport for HD.

Just linked quest as everyone has that on freeview (not everyone will have Eurosport), plus via the link you can watch on computer too.

• Options
    Might watch it, do enjoy it but just annoys me how its considered a ranking event. Its a totally different game so should be treated as an exhibition. Different rule set so why can it still hold a ranking title? 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Winner of the shootout and some bonus ranking points.... Thepchaiya Un-Nooh beat Michael Holt 74-0 in the final
    He got the record high break in the snooker shooutout in the semi final 139 vs Jamie Clarke
    A youngster Ryan Davies made the 4th round 16yo born April 2002 :O 

Indian Open this week, current champ John Higgins.
    This event was initially due to take place in September 2018 but due to flooding in the Kerala region it was postponed and will now take place from February 27 to March 3.
  • Options
    Snooker updates will begin properly tomorrow for anyone interested.

Just qucikly tho earlier this week Zhou Yuelong got his first 147 and snookers 150th

Also the Indian Open final is starting soon, not a great event really and the final is best of 9 which for a final is poor and shows how little this event is IMO

The final is between Matr Selt and Lyu Haotian
  • Options
    Over on free sports right now Freeview channel 64 the ROKiT World Seniors 6 Reds Chanpionship is about to start

Jimmy White v Jonathan Bagley
    Stephen Hendry v Joe Johnson
    Aaron Canavan v Tony Drago
    Ken Doherty v Patrick Wallace
  • Options
    Jimmy White takes the opening frame and leads Bagley 1-0
  • Options
    The Whirlwind takes a 2-1 lead
  • Options
    The Whirlwind takes a 2-1 lead

• Options
    Jimmy White is into the Semi Finals with a 4-1 win over Bagley