Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    English Open
    Round 1 Morning Session
    Results

Jack Lisowski 4-2 Fergal O'Brien
    Zhang Jiankang 4-0 Luke Simmonds
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-1 Soheil Vahedi
    Stephen Maguire 4-3 James Cahill
    Mei Xiwen 4-3 James Wattana
    Thor Chuan Leong 4-1 Hamza Akbar
    Lukas Kleckers 4-1 John Astley
    Matt Selt 4-3 Zhang Anda
  • Options
    Afternoon session about to start on quest
  • Options
    Ronnie O'Sullivan hit his 15th career maximum 147 break at the English Open, two days after describing the venue as a "hellhole".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/45891107
  • Options
    clive said:

Ronnie O'Sullivan hit his 15th career maximum 147 break at the English Open, two days after describing the venue as a "hellhole".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/45891107

Saw this on a facebook group, get in! The greatest

Paulio get back here at least for the snooker updates please :)
  • Options
    clive said:
    In pool if i have played my shot and its left there, most cases it will just be respotted.

If someone is leaning on the table or playing a shot and it drops, that might happen too. There used to be a rule where it could be a foul if you were playing the next shot and it falls whilst you are at the table
  • Options

clive said:
    In pool if i have played my shot and its left there, most cases it will just be respotted.

If someone is leaning on the table or playing a shot and it drops, that might happen too. There used to be a rule where it could be a foul if you were playing the next shot and it falls whilst you are at the table
    You're correct, I'd forgotten about that rule -probably the stupidest rule ever in any cue sport. Now the ball is replaced.
    I think in this instance the ball had clearly stopped and some vibration caused it to drop.
  • Options
    Ronnie O'sullivan in more controversy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKIrAleWhuU
  • Options
    I played a lot of snooker in my youth and I am surprised he didn't feel it or hear it. But he seemed shocked when he was shown the footage.
  • Options
    For those interested, the world seniors championship starts today. 1st session at 10 am. The event is live on freesports sky channel 422 freeview channel 95
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I played a lot of snooker in my youth and I am surprised he didn't feel it or hear it. But he seemed shocked when he was shown the footage.

It is a funny one, you would think people should feel it. Sometimes it looks like it and you dont know, this is where you should just trust people are honest. Some people will get away with it, but its not in the spirit of the game.

On the specific case, i would not think Ronnie would not call it but again i think he can walk on water.... After that he wasn't really in the right frame for the rest of the tournament as he is effectively being called a cheat. Shame, if he admitted or it was obvious he cheated then i would feel different but its a hard one to call even watching these shots isn't always proof.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

For those interested, the world seniors championship starts today. 1st session at 10 am. The event is live on freesports sky channel 422 freeview channel 95

Also on Virgin channel 553 but not on connected tv.
  • Options
    PS- I miss @paulie8290 this thread is not the same

Bingham won the English open, beat Mark Davis 9-7 in the final

2 x 147's Un-nooh with the first one then Ronnie
  • Options

It is a funny one, you would think people should feel it. Sometimes it looks like it and you dont know, this is where you should just trust people are honest. Some people will get away with it, but its not in the spirit of the game.

On the specific case, i would not think Ronnie would not call it but again i think he can walk on water.... After that he wasn't really in the right frame for the rest of the tournament as he is effectively being called a cheat. Shame, if he admitted or it was obvious he cheated then i would feel different but its a hard one to call even watching these shots isn't always proof.
    Yes, I thought he'd lose to Mark Davis because his heart wouldn't be in it.
  • Options

What's happened to Paulie?
  • Options

What's happened to Paulie?
    He's alright mate, around a week and half ago he got a couple of digs and he didnt react well. I have messaged him and he said he has alot on and cant really be dealing with CL at mo, i am sure he will return soon.
  • Options
    So what have I missed

Ronnie won the Champion of Champions yesterday, Wilson pushed him close and was 64 ahead with 67 remaining(I think it was) and 9-8 ahead, ronnie took the frame and in the decider Wilson was in first, split the pack from the pack, unfortunatly knocked a red in and Ronnie made a century to take the match
  • Options
    In the Champion of Champions Mark Selby got his 3rd and the 143rd 147 in snoojer history, but amazingly no prize money for the max.

• Options
    Straight away the players have headed to Northern Ireland for the 2nd leg of the Home Nations Series(remember if 1 player wins all 4 in a season they get £1 Million)
  • Options
    Barry Hawkins was the first big name out, not including McGill as he has had a poor season and fully expected him to lose
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Home favourite Mark Allen is losing 2-0 to Niu Zhuang who has made only his 7th career century(he turned pro at the start of last season)
  • Options
    Good to see you back @paulie8290
  • Options
    Welcome back Paulie.
    I have to say that O'Sullivan got away with murder last night. 9-8 down and he had a lash out in frustration at the last red after missing a cannon and fluked a snooker. This was like the old O'Sullivan before Steve Peters.
  • Options

So what have I missed

Ronnie won the Champion of Champions yesterday, Wilson pushed him close and was 64 ahead with 67 remaining(I think it was) and 9-8 ahead, ronnie took the frame and in the decider Wilson was in first, split the pack from the pack, unfortunatly knocked a red in and Ronnie made a century to take the match

Great to see you back Paulio, hope you are well :)
  • Options
    Ronnie wins again, goes out first round of the open. Predictable, was looking like Allen was going to win COC all week put in a fine performance, however glad Ronnie won even if not convincing. Unlucky to Wilson he was 5-1 down so to force a decider and unlucky not to win in the end.

Think me and my mates are going to masters in January, at Alexandra Palace. My mate did message me last week so hopefully he has got tickets, last one we went to was when Welsh Open was at Newport (last one, Ronnie won and got 147 in finale) we went for opening 2 days.
  • Options
    Well what a day yesterday ended up being, top players falling left right and centre in the end.

Lets hope day 2 is just as thrilling.

Day 1 results are coming
  • Options
    Northern Ireland Open
    Round 1
    Results

Sam Craigie 4-0 Adam Duffy
    Xiao Guodong 4-3 Harvey Chandler
    Chen Zifan 4-3 Barry Hawkins
    Michael White 4-0 Mark Joyce
    Alexander Ursenbacher 4-0 Anthony McGill
    Eden Sharav 4-3 Li Yuan
    Li Hang 4-3 Zhang Yong
    Akani Songsermsawad 4-0 Fan Zhengyi
    Ian Burns 4-1 Farakh Ajaib
    Stuart Carrington 4-1 Si Xu
    Kurt Maflin 4-0 Ashley Carty
    Gerrard Greene 4-0 Oliver Lines
    Liam Highfield 4-2 James Wattana
    Luo Honghao 4-2 Lyu Haotian
    Michael Holt 4-2 Stephen Maguire
    Mark Williams 4-2 Alfie Burden
    Nui Zhuang 4-1 Mark Allen
    Ryan Day 4-1 Michael Georgiou
    Gary Wilson 4-3 Adam Stefanow
    Daniel Wells 4-1 Zhao Xintong
    Mark Davis 4-3 Noppon Saengkham
    Ali Carter 4-1 Paul Davison
    Luca Brecel 4-1 Raymond Fry
    Chris Wakelin 4-1 Thor Chuan Leong
    Yuan Sijun 4-1 Jamie Rhys Clark
    Billy Joe Castle 4-3 Graeme Dott
    Tom Ford 4-3 Rod Lawler
    Rory McLeod 4-2 John Higgins
    Tian Pengfei 4-3 Mike Dunn
    Zhou Yuelong 4-1 Lukas Kleckers
    Peter Lines 4-2 Stuart Bingham
    Lee Walker 4-3 Kyren Wilson
  • Options
    So yesterday we lost

Hawkins
    Higgins
    Wilson
    Bingham
    Dott
    Allen
    Maguire

Barry Hearn will be happy with Stuart Bingham going out his £1 million is safe for another year
  • Options
    Ronnie's on 1 again. Moaning about the state of the game & criticising Barry Hearn:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/46198716
  • Options

Ronnie's on 1 again. Moaning about the state of the game & criticising Barry Hearn:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/46198716

He metioned tennis and said that you wouldnt have the top players qualifing for the US Open or Wimbledon.

Ronnie mate top 16 players dont have to qualify for the Worlds, they get into the Masters, most in The Champion of Champions and in most other events they get seeded, if you dont like it sod off

Would the tour survive with Ronnie yes
    Would the tour survive with Hearn no chance after everything he has done for snooker