Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• World Open
    Semi Finals

Dave Gilbert (29) v Barry Hawkins (7)
    Noppon Saengkham (53) v Mark Williams (3)
  • World Open
    Round 3 Results

Mark Williams 5-1 Joe Perry
    Jack Lisowski 5-4 Kyren Wilson

Xiao Guodong 5-3 Anthony Hamilton
    Noppon Saengkham 5-4 Mark Selby

Thoughts on my prediction, was all faves. if i mixed in one outsider decent odds but dont see any upsets. @paulie8290
    Hawkins yes

Fu has looked good since his eye op so again agree and he is already 2-0 ahead looking lile 3-0 lol

Walden looked good in beating Robertson so think he will beat Gilbert.

Really cant call the last game think it will go to a final frame decider.

In terms of tournament now Selby is out winner of Williams v Lisowski in Quarters wins the tournamemt for me

Cheers, already done the 4fold, but always good to see others predictions. Hawkins or winner of Williams / Lisowski for me, not sure what value is will check if/ when i win the bet :wink:
    This morning when Selby was still involved
    Mark Selby was 9/4
    Mark Williams was 11/4
    Barry Hawkins was 6/1
    Jack Lisowski was 9/1

Now Selby is out that will change
    I'd expect so, no one's going to back Selby now no matter what odds are offered.
  • MARK WILLIAMS IS WORLD OPEN CHAMPION

• World Open
    Final

Mark Williams 10-9 Dave Gilbert

Williams was 8-4 behind and 9-5 beind before winning,

Shame for Dave as if he had won he would have been in the top 16 for the 1st time in his career and would have been at The Champion of Champions, The Shanghai Masters(which is now invitational) and possibly The Masters at Ally Pally.

With that win Williams moves up to 2nd in The Rankings and is his 22nd ranking title
  • edited August 2018
    Lots of Qualifiers going on at the moment

Indian Open yesterday and Today
    European Masters Tomorrow and Saturday
    China Championship Sunday till Wednesday.

With so many qualifiers I wont be doing all the results but will put anything that stands out.

Eden Sharav is the 1st I am sure @cafcdave123 will be interested as will the other scots on here that Eden who has lost his last 8 matches beat Kurt Maflin 4-1 today to qualify for The Indian Open and Ronnie O'Sullivan has withdrawn from his match against Eden on Friday so Sharav will also be in The European Masters
  • Other interesting results from Indian Open Qualifiers

James Cahill 4-3 Alan McManus
    James is not on the pro tour, he was in all 3 Q School events this year and lost in the Semi Finals in all 3

Hamza Akbar 4-1 Robbie Williams

Ashley Carty 4-0 Xu Si
    Ashley won Q School 3 this year and is already up to 106 having beat McGill in Riga before losing to Dott, he is 100% a player to watch this season.

Lu Ning 4-0 Rob Milkins

Paul Davison 4-2 Noppon Saengkham
    Noppon reached the Semi Final of The World Open last week beating Day, Selby and Guodong on the way, very surprising exit here today.

James is not on the pro tour, he was in all 3 Q School events this year and lost in the Semi Finals in all 3

Ashley Carty 4-0 Xu Si
    Ashley won Q School 3 this year and is already up to 106 having beat McGill in Riga before losing to Dott, he is 100% a player to watch this season.

Lu Ning 4-0 Rob Milkins

Noppon reached the Semi Final of The World Open last week beating Day, Selby and Guodong on the way, very surprising exit here today.

Always quite liked Ashley Carty thinking he would come through recently, has the potential but need to get wins and a good run

Ashley Carty 4-0 Xu Si

Lu Ning 4-0 Rob Milkins

Always quite liked Ashley Carty thinking he would come through recently, has the potential but need to get wins and a good run
    Definitely agree
    Alot of people mention the asian players coming through but some good european talent as well like Carty, Harvey Chandler is another

• The other interesting thing over the coming weeks is World Number 1 spot.

Mark Selby has been World Number 1 for over 1000 days now and has finished the season as World Number 1 7 years in a row, but he is now only £300k above Mark Williams
  • So the Indian Open qualifiers finished on Thursday
    There were 2 more surprise results that I hadnt mentioned

Zhao Xintong 4-3 Ricky Walden
    Thor Chuan Leong 4-1 Anthony McGill
  • Sponsored links:

• The European Masters Qualifiers kicked off yesterday with a couple of shocks.

Zhang Jiantong 4-2 Michael Holt
    Duane Jones 4-2 Mark Joyce
    Zhang Anda 4-0 Lyu Haotian
    Alexander Ursenbacher 4-1 Michael White (a shock to most, but not to me I have said on here before he will be a star)
    Scott Donaldson 4-2 Rob Milkins

But the biggest shock was
    Paul Davison 4-1 Stephen Maguire
  • European Masters Qualifiers have finished, the main shocks.

Jak Jones 4-2 Graeme Dott
    Ross Muir 4-2 Ricky Walden
    Gary Wilson 4-3 Shaun Murphy
  • The week of qualifiers continue over the next 4 day with The China Championship Qualifiers
  • MICHAEL GEORGIOU 147

Michael gets the 140th 147 in snooker history and his 1st.

• The Paul Hunter Classic is currently ongoing in Germany the last 2 days have been the amateur rounds, the pros entered today but in the early rounds there are so many matches I will be here all day typing, so just going to do any shocks or any ametuers beating pros for now.

I will look at doing full updates from round 4 or round 5
  • The Paul Hunter Classic is currently ongoing in Germany the last 2 days have been the amateur rounds, the pros entered today but in the early rounds there are so many matches I will be here all day typing, so just going to do any shocks or any ametuers beating pros for now.

getting lazy @paulie8290 , fair enough

getting lazy @paulie8290 , fair enough
    Haha there has already been over 100 matches over the last 2 days and at the start of today there was still 128 players in the event lol.
  • A couple of pros have already gone

Reggie Edwards(A) 4-3 Andy Lee (101)
    Brian Cini(A)4-0 Sean O'Sullivan (98)
    Jackson Page(A) 4-0 Zhou Yuelong (32)
    Allan Taylor(78) 4-0 Rory McLeod(61)
  • JAMIE JONES 147

Jamie has made the 141st 147 and his 1st
  • Has that cost Michael ten grand?
  • Sponsored links:

• Has that cost Michael ten grand?

Yup
    10k each now
    Unless a 3rd person gets 1
  • How come this isn't on the box?

Its on eurosport

Its on eurosport
    it's not

Its on eurosport
    it's not
    Sorry its been on Eurosport playet so assumed they would also have it on there tv channel
  • Will do abit of an update on this after match of the day
  • So a quick update
    Its been hard to keep up because the format is shit, half the draw played 3 matches on Friday, other half played 3 matches yesterday.

Anyway we are down to the final 16 players, so he is a quick update on shock results or surprising results.

Harvey Chandler 4-1 Alexander Ursenbacher
    Harvey Chandler 4-0 Mark Joyce
    Great day on Friday for Harvey with 2 good wins dropping 1 frame

Jackson Page 4-0 Zhou Yuelong
    Jackson Page 4-1 Ian Burns
    Jackson Page 4-3 Sam Baird
    17 year old Amateur Welshman, with 3 big wins on Friday

Thats it for players have great runs, there was the odd shock result like Murphy losing to O'Brien.

But moving on today starts the final rounds and with no protests i can keep more upto date myself.
  • Paul Hunter Classic matches

Zhang Anda (101) v Harvey Chandler (94)
    Mark Davis (42) v Peter Lines (75)
    Peter Ebdon (55) v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh (63)
    Jack Lisowski (21) v Jimmy Robertson (36)
    Jackson Page(A) v Scott Donaldson (54)
    Lee Walker (99) v Chris Wakelin (46)
    Daniel Wells (62) v Billy Joe Castle (88)
    Kyren Wilson (9) v Hammad Miah (117)
  • Paul Hunter Classic
    Results

Zhang Anda 4-0 Harvey Chandler
    Peter Lines 4-2 Mark Davis
    Peter Ebdon 4-0 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    Jack Lisowski 4-0 Jimmy Robertson
    Scott Donaldson 4-2 Jackson Page
    Lee Walker 4-2 Chris Wakelin
    Daniel Wells 4-2 Billy Joe Castle
    Kyren Wilson 4-1 Hammad Miah
  • Paul Hunter Classic