Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huey Morgan - Fun Loving Criminal goes wibble

Comments

• haha made himself look like a right mug!!
  • Saw it, initially thought it was staged, but defo think he had the bollock ache.
  • storm in a teacup
  • I watched the show and had to run it back and watch again - I have no idea why he reacted like that - there was no reason.
  • Saga Lout said:

I watched the show and had to run it back and watch again - I have no idea why he reacted like that - there was no reason.

Was kind of bizarre, I think it just dawned on him that Buzzcocks is just a bit tired and crap these days and decided he'd had enough.

I don't really know why I watch it these days. I've never heard of two thirds of the guests and Phil Jupitus is the only consistently funny one on there now and even he looks a bit tired of the whole thing.

• I think Exiled has hit the nail on the head. Time for the Beeb to pull the plug, it lost it's way a long time ago. Huey realised he was probably too cool for it. Saw FLC a couple of times in the late 90s and they were frickin' awesome.
  • I think I would have got annoyed with those two mouthy kids thinking they're really smart that were hosting it.

There again if you go on the show you know there is going to be a bit of piss taking, just better when it's from a comedian than from from two children trying to be the big men.

Huey should have slapped them.
  • The Rizzle Kicks were absolutely brilliant, mugged Huey right off. What is wrong with him though? A very angry man.
  • I think I would have got annoyed with those two mouthy kids thinking they're really smart that were hosting it.

There again if you go on the show you know there is going to be a bit of piss taking, just better when it's from a comedian than from from two children trying to be the big men.

Huey should have slapped them.

Well that's not patronising much!!

Don't like their music but thought they done a pretty good job last night. That knob head couldn't take their 'banter', and made himself look like a child.
  • Didn't get his promised scooby snacks to go with his tea.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought the hosts were okay and handled his tantrum pretty well. Huey was definitely the one who ended up looking a bit of a prick.
  • Is that show still on?

Sell by date c. 2005, surely?
  • I thought the hosts were okay and handled his tantrum pretty well. Huey was definitely the one who ended up looking a bit of a prick.

This

Is that show still on?

and this.

• I think he had a sense of humour failure but I also think rizzle kicks are a pair of pricks.

Flc are great live. Uh, got a supermodel on ma dee
  • Carter said:

I think he had a sense of humour failure but I also think rizzle kicks are a pair of pricks.

Flc are great live. Uh, got a supermodel on ma dee

That's how I saw it , trying to be funny that went very wrong
  • Liked Amstell when he initially took over, but the show has definitely gone downhill.

Looks well staged though, can't see why he'd throw the mug and not just walk off.
  • If you sat me next to phil jupitus I'd throw something as well. Most unfunny twat on tv. And a total arsehole in real life.
  • Programme had its day after the 3rd series. Just an excuse to keep Phil Jupitus in a job now
  • edited November 2013
    Another vote for Huey, who I had a beer with in Dublin once and who was a total gent. NMTB is shite. Can't stand that sarcastic brand of humour Simon Amstell is famous for. It's just pretty unpleasant and puerile.
  • Is that programme still on? Blimey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that programme still on? Blimey.

What I thought as well.
  • Me and my old housemate used to watch it all the time to do the quickfire round as a mid week drinking game but omce simon amstell jacked it in the quality of the programme would differ depending on who was in the chair. I was just trying to think of who did it before and remembered it was the 50's throwback Mark Lamar and I had spent a day on the piss with him at v many many moons ago
  • Showed remarkable restraint in the face of a bunch of hopelessly unfunny "comedians". The two tools that were running the show were amongst the worst I've seen on it, which is quite the feat.
  • I don't think rotating the host is helping. Simon Amstell breathed life into a show that had begun to show signs of wilting even under the brilliant Mark Lamarr. Since he's gone the show relies on Jupitus and Fielding to carry it, and Fielding in particular is at best marmite.

There has been the odd exception - Richard Ayaode's shift was laugh-out-loud funny throughout - but it kind of proves the rule. Sadly, because the music industry is never short of stories or people to mock.
  • You could see him starting to get annoyed by how purile it all was.
  • As for Huey, he's been on 4 times including once as host so I guess he recognised the show for what it was - lame throughout - and even then the writers couldn't even find something better than challenging him to remember the lyric 'fun lovin' criminals'. Walking off, fair enough - he'd have had even more respect from me if he'd lamped the two hosts too young to even know who he was and too up themselves to even care.
  • so he's not very fun loving then and he's probably never been in trouble with the law.
    rikofold said:

I don't think rotating the host is helping. Simon Amstell breathed life into a show that had begun to show signs of wilting even under the brilliant Mark Lamarr. Since he's gone the show relies on Jupitus and Fielding to carry it, and Fielding in particular is at best marmite.

There has been the odd exception - Richard Ayaode's shift was laugh-out-loud funny throughout - but it kind of proves the rule. Sadly, because the music industry is never short of stories or people to mock.

i'm in the hate camp.
  • I thought he made himself look like an utter bell end.

If he's too "cool" for the show then he should have refused the invite.

Maybe there would be something more interesting to challenge him with if FLC had made more than a few passable tunes and not remained famous just for their behavioral antics.

Having said that - I agree the show is largely poop and has been for years.
  • Is that show still on?

If you have not seen it for eight years, how do you know... ;-)