Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Inernet connection on iphone

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows how much data they use when connecting to stuff like facebook etc?

Just got my daughter one which has a monthly allowance of 2gig. Being an old fart and having mine turned off as I only use it for calls and text. So is 2 gig a reasonable amount?

We all know how teenagers are with social media and things like that. Her contract is expensive enough already, so the last thing I need is an extortinate additional charge...............

Comments

• Options
    2 gig is more than enough. I hammer mine at work on Twitter and the interent and I rarely get to my 1gb allowance.
  • Options
    Handy little app to monitor it:

http://www.mobidia.com
  • Options
    Most mobile operators have similar on their own apps.

I'm on EE and the My EE app does it. If its any help, I've only used 0.8gb of data this month from my 4G allowance of 10gb and I've still got 11 days left.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I'm on EE and the My EE app does it. If its any help, I've only used 0.8gb of data this month from my 4G allowance of 10gb and I've still got 11 days left.

John, how are you finding 4G on EE? Is it worth the extra money?

Upgrade due, next month. Can't decide between Samsung S4 or the Note 3. And to stay 3G or pay the ransom for 4G.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    1gb is more than enough for your average person. I imagine 2gb is probably about right for a teenage girl.
  • Options
    Cheers for the replies peeps. Put my mind at ease (slightly)...................
  • Options
    2. gig is plenty unless she and on streaming live tv regularly , which eats up data like you can't imagine .
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

John, how are you finding 4G on EE? Is it worth the extra money?

Upgrade due, next month. Can't decide between Samsung S4 or the Note 3. And to stay 3G or pay the ransom for 4G.
    I really wanted the Note 3 but was gutted when I realised it wouldnt link up with the new Garmin 620 watch I've ordered. I've gone for a 5s now.
    As for 4G, its bloody quick. As long as you've got a signal. If you're in a static place, like home or the pub with a signal, its fine. In a car, train...hmmm, its difficult to maintain a 4G connection.

• Options
    2gb should be more than enough. I have 500mb and i'm a facebook/twitter fiend and i rarely, if at all, come close to my allowance. Just make sure to link it up to your home wifi so when she's at home it uses your home internet connection rather than her mobile internet.