Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prefab Sprout New album - Crimson/Red

quality as ever, heard it for the first time tonight, Paddy McAloon is a genius, sad he is losing both his hearing and his sight,

MYSTERIOUS is the song that grabs me first time up, but that can change.

Comments

• Options
    McAloon, another contender for the title of 'Neglected English Genius' .. a lyricist and composer whose work sometimes bordered on genius .. a much needed antidote after the punk 'movement'
  • Options
    Bought it last week. Steve McQueen must be in me top 20 Lp's of all time and wonderful to hear that voice again. All the songs are great if wistfull and sad. Favourite track at the moment is 'Billy'. The line 'Her smile is like a fairground' just sent me.
  • Options

McAloon, another contender for the title of 'Neglected English Genius' .. a lyricist and composer whose work sometimes bordered on genius .. a much needed antidote after the punk 'movement'

This, am listening to The Gunman and other stories,a Real shame they gave up playing live.

I Saw them about 1984/1985 at the Hammersmith Odeon with The Kane gang and Hurrah, a Kitchenware label night.

The new album took it's time coming but is excellent imo.
  • Options
    SD thanks for posting this , i loved PS back when.

Didn't realise they had another album out , will investigate... cheers!
  • Options
    I keep reading the title as pre fab sprout new eltham
  • Options

I keep reading the title as pre fab sprout new eltham

Too much Vino Nla , too much vino. :-0

• Options
    Thanks for reminding me this was out. Will have a listen as I haven't picked up any of Paddy's stuff since his solo album - I trawl the Megahertz - which was just superb.
  • Options
    Saw them in Portsmouth, good band live !! Love Steve McQueen
  • Options

Paddy's latest picture on facebook

No photo description available