Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best home/away pub for pre-match?

A Leeds-supporting colleague has got tickets for him and his boy. Given that they will probably be dressed head to toe in Leeds leisurewear and almost certainly slightly drunk by the time they reach Charlton, where is my best bet for a trouble-free pre-match drink?

Comments

• Options
    the antigallican. the unofficial home for all away fans.
  • Options
    but if your going with them then maybe the rose of Denmark. remember away fans used to be allowed there.
    safest place would be the standard
  • Options

Cheers. Thought that would have to be it, but was hoping there'd be somewhere more neutral.

• Options
    edited October 2013

but if your going with them then maybe the rose of Denmark. remember away fans used to be allowed there.
    safest place would be the standard

Great. Cheers
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I have a similar question. I'm traveling to the game with a work colleague (who supports Leeds but will not be dressed like a full kit wan*ker. ;-) ). It's his first trip to the Valley and we plan on arriving early so he can get the full "Charlton experience".

Can someone please come up with a nice pre-match itinerary which takes in the best local chippies, pubs and anything else of note. Reckon we will arrive at Charlton station around 3 hours before kickoff. Cheers!
  • Options

It's pretty official unfortunately (it's the away fan designated pub). You can sometimes get in there if we're playing a small team and you get there early but I can't see that being the case against Leeds unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Rose of Denmark would be a good option I reckon. Been in there plenty of times with a good mix of home and away fans and no problems.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

A Leeds-supporting colleague has got tickets for him and his boy. Given that they will probably be dressed head to toe in Leeds leisurewear and almost certainly slightly drunk by the time they reach Charlton, where is my best bet for a trouble-free pre-match drink?

Leeds leisurewear = Shell suit.
  • Options
    I recall walking past the Rose of Denmark before the Leeds game last year and seeing many of their fans drinking on the front terrace.
  • Options

I have a similar question. I'm traveling to the game with a work colleague (who supports Leeds but will not be dressed like a full kit wan*ker. ;-) ). It's his first trip to the Valley and we plan on arriving early so he can get the full "Charlton experience".

Can someone please come up with a nice pre-match itinerary which takes in the best local chippies, pubs and anything else of note. Reckon we will arrive at Charlton station around 3 hours before kickoff. Cheers!

Start in the Pickwick then walk towards the ground from their stopping in the rose of denmark, then after that the Antigallican, then up the hill to the lib, then the chippy, then the ground