Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - Len Glover Interview

Really chuffed to say this Sunday before the Wigan game we will be interviewing Len Glover, any questions?

Comments

• The Len Glover?? (The famous one from Charlton Life) ;-)
  • No the former player....
  • Thanks Pete, my attempt at humour didn't have the desired effect. I will make sure I listen to the show.
  • Which soap powder did he use when laundering that money and can he explain once again the effect of Darwin and Dawkins on British Gas putting up their prices.........oh sorry wrong Len Glover :0)
  • What are your views on the EU?
  • Does he remember scoring the winner against Cardiff in the Cup in early 1963 during the big freeze. I think the game had been postponed about a dozen times before it was played on a snowy pitch on a Monday evening in early February. Still over 13,000 there.
  • Does he mind having his name filched by a nutter on Charlton Life?
  • RedChaser said:

Which soap powder did he use when laundering that money and can he explain once again the effect of Darwin and Dawkins on British Gas putting up their prices.........oh sorry wrong Len Glover :0)

think we may skip this one
  • How much of the £80,000 move to Leicester was you wanting to better yourself as opposed to Gliksten wanting the cash?
  • LenGlover said:

Does he mind having his name filched by a nutter on Charlton Life?

Is that 'filched' and not 'felched'? Just making sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did it ever frustrate you that Alf Ramsey was England manager when you were at your peak and didn't appear that keen on playing wingers?
  • LenGlover said:

Does he mind having his name filched by a nutter on Charlton Life?

Is that 'filched' and not 'felched'? Just making sure.
    Sorry mate, straight red,, just about to have my dinner :0)
  • edited October 2013
    Who would you rate the better striker (or should that be centre forward) Eddie Firmani or Frank Worthington having supplied crosses to them both?
  • Who was your best mate at the Valley? Are you still in touch with any of the players from the time?
  • LenGlover said:

Who would you rate the better striker (or should that be centre forward) Eddie Firmani or Frank Worthington having supplied crosses to them both?

GET A MIRROR!
  • WSS said:

What are your views on the EU?

And the Green Party?
  • What modern day footballer reminds you most of you?
  • LenGlover said:

How much of the £80,000 move to Leicester was you wanting to better yourself as opposed to Gliksten wanting the cash?

If as it was reported at the time Wolves also wanted you do you regret signing for Leicester
  • edited October 2013
    How do you think you would have coped with the "work rate" "tracking back" ethic of the modern game?

Are you jealous of the money quite ordinary players make now?
  • Which are best books to smoke.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1) What was your feelings after your first game back playing for Leicester at the Valley, stuffing us 0-4. Was your delight tinged with any sadness or glad I'm out of here.

2) When you were in the 1st Div (prem) Did you ever realise there was a complete exCAFC 11 playing in the top flight at one point.
  • Is it true that Rodney Marsh is your best friend in football and you enjoyed your time at Tampa Bay Rowdies with him?

:-)
  • never forget a clip of you in a tackle with Tommy Smith in Leicester v Liverpool game and TS came off worse ! can you recall any run ins with the "hard men" of the game and who were the "softies"?

and moving on from that who were the real "characters" in the dressing room at Charlton at the time
  • 1) What was your feelings after your first game back playing for Leicester at the Valley, stuffing us 0-4. Was your delight tinged with any sadness or glad I'm out of here.

2) When you were in the 1st Div (prem) Did you ever realise there was a complete exCAFC 11 playing in the top flight at one point.

Love that, do you know the names of the ex CAFC XI?
  • Peter Reeves is joining Len Glover as well, so any questions for him would be good too.
  • I ran onto the pitch at the end of the 0-5 home defeat by Leicester in which he played and managed to pat him on the back,a bit too hard if I remember.He didn't seem too pleased.But it was meant to be a thank you,Len.
  • PeteF, I used to but it is all a long time ago and your mind gets hazy. I have soccer magazines form the time which I could have looked up but they are in storage. Maybe some of the historians or fans with better memories here would be able to start listing them.

The surprise was other than your Hintons Bonds etc Kenning was playing at that level I think with Wolves.
  • In no particular order I think these could have been playing at the same time in division 1 for various clubs.

Can anyone add to the list especially a goalkeeper?

Bailey, Bonds, Campbell (Alan), Glover, Gregory, Hinton, Kenning
  • PeteF, I used to but it is all a long time ago and your mind gets hazy. I have soccer magazines form the time which I could have looked up but they are in storage. Maybe some of the historians or fans with better memories here would be able to start listing them.

The surprise was other than your Hintons Bonds etc Kenning was playing at that level I think with Wolves.

Not sure there was 11 at the same time here's my guess at some although I think they played in the top Division at different times and possibly Halom never did although he was part of the Wearsider's FA Cup win when they were in the Second Division.

GK none

Defence

Sewell Palace
    Bonds W Ham
    Hinton Chelsea

Midfield

Bailey Wolves
    Kenning Wolves
    Campbell Birmingham
    Glover Leicester

Forwards

Halom Sunderland ??
  • edited October 2013
    Paul Gilchrist is another. Your mention of Halom jogged my memory! Well done on remembering John Sewell.