Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cancer clear after 5 years

I am infrequent poster but have mentioned on other threads about my diagnosis with testicular cancer in 2008. Well, after surgery, chemotherapy and a few bumps in the road along the way I was delivered the news today that I am fully cancer free, out of remission and have been discharged from oncology. It feels bloody good to write that!
I know others on this forum have experienced the big c themselves or lost loved ones to the disease so I hope nobody minds my public display of joy. I am not an overtly emotional person, far from it in fact; but I will admit to shedding a few tears this afternoon.
I will be there on sunday as always willing our boys on with all the gusto I can offer but know in my heart of hearts that I have already achieved my best result of the season.
Right....time for a beer I think!!

Comments

• Congratulations! I can`t imagine how good that feels, enjoy your beer!
  • great news, you must be very relieved.....enjoy the pint.

there are some things in life more important than football
  • Great news.... enjoy Sunday
  • Congratulations. Now, how's the meth cooking coming along? ;-)
  • Great news, now go and get wasted.
  • Congratulations, must have been a fantastic moment.
  • That's terrific Tom. I still have just over 2 years to go to make 5 .. but so far so good. All the best to you for the future
  • congrats tom.

all the best Lincs.
  • Best of luck lincs.
  • Congratulations Tom. You must feel fantastic.
    Wishing you the best of health from now on.
  • Sponsored links:

• great news Tom.
    we thought that the Lass's cancer had returned last month but we got the scan results yesterday and she is clear - phew, know how it feels.
  • Nice one fella, great news
  • Congratulations! Brilliant news, for both you and lancashire lad.

• Well done.
    As Someone who's been affected one way or another by this horrible disease its always nice to hear somebody beat the bastard.
  • That is great news Tom. I lost my mother to cancer when she was only 46, so to hear of someone who has beaten this awful disease is wonderful.
  • DA9 said:

Great news, now go and get wasted.

This you deserve it !!!
  • Great stuff, had to have an ultrasound myself recently but thankfully got lucky. Was pretty nerve wracking just doing that so am chuffed for you that you've got through it.
  • Congratulations addicktom.

There can be few families not to have been touched by this awful disease at some point.
  • Congratulations !
  • Great news Tom, my family has been touched by this awful disease so it is good to hear when someone beats the bugger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonderful news, Tom.

And really pleased for Lincs too.
  • Fantastic news Tom.
  • Great thread great news

Goodluck to everyone this horrible disease hits
  • Wow what fantastic news, congratulations. Have a great life
  • Congratulations Tom. Huge relief

Think that was the last time I shed a tear when I was discharged. Was walking out of the clinic and the Doc who'd been there from the very start said ''Have a nice life'' and that was me gone.
  • Great news :)
  • So good to hear such positive ans awesome news...much needed in this world. I will have a beer tonight too and think of your post!
  • Great news Tom, really chuffed for you (and you JT).

I remember your excellent piece when we won the league.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1187829/#Comment_1187829

So far this year I've lost family, former football teammates, former school friends to cancer, and had a (fortunately unfounded) little scare myself. Hearing of people you know die of cancer in their mid 30s is plain frightening.

Evil disease.
  • Great news. Good to read that someone has been given the all clear, when it's most of the time bad news. You deserve a beer
  • Congratulations Tom