Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Mowbray sacked

Just announced on the BBC Sport website. No big surprise really.

Comments

• Where's Appleton when you need him?
  • SCP now officially the longest serving manager in the Championship... I think.
  • Is it me or does Mobray look a LOT older than 48?
  • Rich ard ‏@Strayslacks
    Middlesbrough should be sacking better managers than Mowbray. #Cherio #CAFC
  • "With all due respect" ....
  • I like Mowbray the man but feel he'd done all he could at Boro and from seeing him in interviews recently he knew his days were numbered. He should just put his feet up and relax for a bit.
  • cafctom said:

Is it me or does Mobray look a LOT older than 48?

Some people do....
  • "With all due respect" ....

You reminded me - no sympathy for that a*****ole.
  • And 10th longest serving overall.
  • Amazing how poor a manager is when you take away his parachute money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Only won 5 out of 33 this year. Not really a surprise, even with Steve Gibson's famous patience with his managers.

Hope Mowbray doesn't feel too down...even The Samaritans have limits to what they can do!!
  • I like Mowbray the man but feel he'd done all he could at Boro and from seeing him in interviews recently he knew his days were numbered. He should just put his feet up and relax for a bit.

Is that how a number of fans see CP?

A small number, including you. Have a listen to the crowd on Sunday, if you missed their support for CP at the last home game.
  • Surprised he lasted as long as he did.
  • Bit of a curveball into this thread BigAndy but to answer your question...... I'm sure there are Charlton fans who who feel that way, they crop up on here spouting their bilge, erm I mean offering their opinions, usually after a defeat but then disappear when things pick up.

I'm still 100% behind Chris Powell as I'm sure the majority are.

Now, back to Tony Mowbray.......................
  • If you put Mowbray's face on top of my body, you will have someone with an estimated age of 127.
  • If you put Mowbray's face on top of my body, you will have someone with an estimated height of 127cm.

• There's something very old school sounding about Mowbray, that reminds me of the managers that existed 30 years ago, elderly looking, drab looking (jumper under jacket), northern, dour...
  • Middlesbrough is the epitome of 'dour'.
  • Sponsored links:

• SCP now officially the longest serving manager in the Championship... I think.

Having a brief look through, i think you are right.
  • dowie for Boro?
  • dowie for Boro?

Blimey...that really would make for typecasting!

Boro Manager = dour minger!
  • dowie for Boro?

Wouldn't wish that fate on anyone.................unless the Nigels want him back of course
  • TelMc32 said:

I like Mowbray the man but feel he'd done all he could at Boro and from seeing him in interviews recently he knew his days were numbered. He should just put his feet up and relax for a bit.

A small number, including you. Have a listen to the crowd on Sunday, if you missed their support for CP at the last home game.
    But maybe Big Andy makes a credible observation given that a very poor Boro outfit who only won 7 in this calendar year managed to win at VFR whilst still looking truly awful. Now that's a fact worthy of consideration?
  • I am surprised that a club like MB do not go for Curbs.

They have the owners that will provide the resources and the time to build a side and has proved he can do it.

Still can not understand why he is not back in football.

p.s SCP is unavailable.
  • Tony Pulis would be a good fit there.
  • edited October 2013
    JonnyK said:

TelMc32 said:

I like Mowbray the man but feel he'd done all he could at Boro and from seeing him in interviews recently he knew his days were numbered. He should just put his feet up and relax for a bit.

But maybe Big Andy makes a credible observation given that a very poor Boro outfit who only won 7 in this calendar year managed to win at VFR whilst still looking truly awful. Now that's a fact worthy of consideration?
    And maybe there are some clubs that have some sort of mystical hoodoo over others. Can't think Leicester like us much after the last couple of seasons.

Two of those 7 Boro wins were against Leicester & Cardiff at the end of last season when both were going strong & Boro had fallen over big time since Christmas.

Anyone can beat anyone in this league.
  • Teams like Middlesbrough should be sacking managers like Mowbray.