Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palarse vs Fulham

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Yes - we've spent a fair chunk and i'm not at all sure that they're good buys. The one thing for me is that for the first time in years we are financially stable and have decent owners. Apart from losing most games in the prem, another downside is having to take grief from fans of PL clubs who only ever watch their teams on sky. I work with a Fulham fan (he likes Arsenal too) and hes been giving me lip all morning. Reckon hes been to Craven Cottage about twice.
  • Options
    Scarey stuff...Here come the men in Black, galaxy defenders (they like their chocolate, you know)
  • Options
    Hey, Fishead, we KNOW what its like playing in the PL. Even in the two seasons we came down, it went to the wire and in the other six we were mid-table. It still hurts having condescending Fulham fans at work.

What is obvious is that one season in the PL getting hammered by the likes of Fulham is a price well worth paying for all that lovely dosh the nigels are going to have at their disposal for the next few years. Make no mistake it will take more than Ian Dowie to blow that cash mountain in the championship, so next season they will rightly be considered a team to beat.
  • Options
    Honestly and truly, has there ever been a bigger bunch of w*****s than this lot?
  • Options
    My missus popped in whilst I was enjoying the game last night - first sky game I've really enjoyed in a while. She noted who was playing and said "I suppose we want Fulham to win this one?" Perceptive of her.....

My reply was that what is sad is that we really should be above both these teams. Her reply: "Aren't we?" I'd have laughed but the truth hurt.
  • Options

Honestly and truly, has there ever been a bigger bunch of w*****s than this lot?

I know, Fulham are damned annoying.
  • Options

Scarey stuff...Here come the men in Black, galaxy defenders (they like their chocolate, you know)
    Do you reckon they got some sort of bulk buy discount on the black jackets?

• Options
    Fishead is cool for a Nigel.
    I really enjoyed Danny Baker's joke about 'languish.'
    Actually Palarse are desperately unlucky to concede two out of this world goals. They were also pretty unlucky not to nick a point at Old Trafford which I watched on telly. If they keep battling away they will pick up some points but probably not enough to get out of the relegation zone. I remember when Prem. teams used to think they could beat us without being at their best and that was when we turned them over.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It will be interesting to see what business they do in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Possibly. I'm no fan of this nonsense. Too old for all that crap. Plus, those fkin banners get in the way.

I cant see us doing much business at all in January. We'll be adrift and the owners will (rightly) not spend any more. At least thats what i hope (apart from the adrift bit).

On another note i saw Churchs goal at the weekend, he took it very well.
  • Options
    I was thinking, he might want to integrate Championship players in January. That would be telling!
  • Options
    Listening last night after the match I got the impression Palace fans weren't too impressed with Holloway last season and felt they were lucky to get promoted (you'd take it though!)

Not sure who would greatly improve their chances though.

Those 2 stunners from Fulham must have really knocked the stuffing out of them.
  • Options
    They were crackin goals. And there were some idiots having a go at Holloway at the end. Hopefully he will ignore all that. I'm not 100% sure about him but he deserves a decent stint at the helm.
  • Options
    Holloway must have been thinking the gods are against him at half time.

Lucky to be promoted? Nonsense.

They finished 5th and didn't concede a goal in the play offs in 3 tricky games.

I thought Hull were luckier as palace would of probably have beaten them in the play offs.
  • Options
    All this talk about "they're gonna have so much money" really does get tiresome year after year. Yes I know there is more up for grabs now for relegated sides, but time and time again it has proved largely ineffective in the Championship if used incorrectly.

Wolves, Blackburn, Burnley, Blackpool, Reading, Wigan, Bolton....These are all clubs that have come down supposedly with pots of golds from the end of the Premier League rainbow, and most of of which have actually dropped like a pebble, and then some.

"the 150 million pound game" - absolute tripe!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Goths were much more benign when I was younger. Just as miserable a bunch though.
  • Options
    Funny that they clapped Martin Jol at one point, probably didn't know who he was....

What time on Comedy Central is their next performance on?
  • Options

Listening last night after the match I got the impression Palace fans weren't too impressed with Holloway last season and felt they were lucky to get promoted (you'd take it though!)

And they wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the gutless display of your team at Wembley.

Very disappointed S_H

• Options
    Fishead, be truthful , do you think Holloway has bought wisely at Palace in the Summer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fishead, be truthful , do you think Holloway has bought wisely at Palace in the Summer?

Overall, no.
    But once the decent ones 'gel' we should have a good squad for next season. And i think our strikeforce next season could be very good.

• Options
    Addickted said:

And they wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the gutless display of your team at Wembley.

Very disappointed S_H

Very true - even one Palace fan on Talksport the other night admitted that!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

All this talk about "they're gonna have so much money" really does get tiresome year after year. Yes I know there is more up for grabs now for relegated sides, but time and time again it has proved largely ineffective in the Championship if used incorrectly.

Wolves, Blackburn, Burnley, Blackpool, Reading, Wigan, Bolton....These are all clubs that have come down supposedly with pots of golds from the end of the Premier League rainbow, and most of of which have actually dropped like a pebble, and then some.

"the 150 million pound game" - absolute tripe!

But the different is Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton spent an awful lot of money over the years and had huge debts. Whereby Blackpool, Wigan and Burnley cut their cloth accordingly, didnt go bonkers with their spending and now they're at the right end of the Championship as they havent had to tinker with their squad an awful lot since coming back down.

And as the for the new tv deal shared between the clubs, the team finishing bottom make £63m and thats without the £48m in parachute payments they get for the following 4 years. So thats just the basic £111m for being in the PL for one season, without factoring in the extra payments they get for the number of times they're actually on the box.

So I'd say £150m is a fair estimate of the worth of the play off final.
  • Options
    It is a crazy sum of money. We're incredibly lucky to be there, despite the pain. But i do honestly feel for clubs outside the prem. Football is not what it used to be because this cash is creating a gap that (almost) cant be bridged. I'm old enough to remember when Forest went from Div 2 to Div 1 and then won it! Cant see that ever happening again.
  • Options
    Fishead said:

It is a crazy sum of money. We're incredibly lucky to be there, despite the pain. But i do honestly feel for clubs outside the prem. Football is not what it used to be because this cash is creating a gap that (almost) cant be bridged. I'm old enough to remember when Forest went from Div 2 to Div 1 and then won it! Cant see that ever happening again.

I agree. The stupid thing is that if the premier league split off even a small percentage of their money and shared t among the lower leagues it would make a HUGE difference to those leagues, which surely is a good thing for everyone? Using rough figures, if the premier league split off just 10% of their TV and prize money and split it equally among the 72 FL clubs each club would receive roughly £4m! That would be absolutely massive to L1 and L2 clubs and not insignificant to most Championship clubs. And the EPL clubs would just have to struggle along with only £2.7 billion pounds between them.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Fishead said:

It will never happen again - unless a rich owner buys a team as a vanity project. It is sad it is all about money now. Curbishley manged to get us to a point - improving us continuously, bit by bit until by 2003 we were one of the best teams in the country. We beat Chelsea comprehensively and they decided to buy our best player at the very end of the January window when we were 4th in the Premiership - Parker - who was key to the team refused to play for us and we had to let him go - we finished 7th that season but started getting worse bit by bit after losing him.

That is the best any side outside the elite can possibly do and Curbishley never got the credit that achievement deserved IMO. But you have to accept the fact that money will always prevent a Charlton, Palace or even a Forest from reaching the heights ever again.