Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palarse vs Fulham

Comments

• Options
    @BroadcastMoose: Ian Holloway in meeting with @CEO4TAG - not looking good
  • Options
    CP may be on their radar if they do let Holloway go.
  • Options
    If he has any self respect he will resign but saying that if he had any self respect
    , he wouldn't have gone there in the first place.
  • Options

CP may be on their radar if they do let Holloway go.

After Lennie, surely Curbs is next! ;-)
  • Options
    I like Holloway, hope he goes, to good for the Nigels.
    Was a miracle how he got them through the playoffs.
  • Options
    Looks like he's staying for now. Don't worry Ian it's only Arsenal up next.
  • Options
    he's staying. glutton for punishment. Got to fancy Arsenal to pulverise them on Saturday.
  • Options
    Had a quick peak on Holmesdale....................usual suspects mentioned as potential new manager.
    Loved this one though

knighteagle Online Flag Today 11.04pm
    I know hes been out of the game for a while but he did a great job with Charlton..... Alan Curbishley
  • Options
    Stay, think he's doing a wonderful job.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Stay, think he's doing a wonderful job.

this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fulham are underachieving because there is great link up play between Parker and Sidwell. Only 5 yards apart but 1-2s bit of movement and ghost though defences. Should do it more. Scottie has unbelievable accelaeration for someone of his age.

on Prem, Villa negated Spurs by keeping high line and were undone by brief moments of expensive quality. Like to see us do the same. Defence seems to be moving forward to support midfield more than in recent years.
  • Options
    oh what might have been...
  • Options
    I cant disagree with most of the comments here - we were poor. Parker was the best player on the pitch. I can only hope that we dont break the record for the lowest points total in the prem. Roll on next season when we might win a few games! ;>)
  • Options
    Wow! Well done Fishead. I enjoyed last night with most others on here but I wouldn't have had the balls to go on your board and chip in if the roles were reversed.
  • Options
    Yep doffs cap to fishead , I may be the only person on earth but I fear a palace recovery based on nothing but pure pessimism
  • Options
    They were very lucky to go up. Where they and how they finished in the league last year it really is no suprise they are having problems this year.
    Sorry Fishhead you're on track for the record, although Sunderland might fight you for it.
    Next season,if they spend wisely, they should be quite a force.
  • Options

Scottie has unbelievable accelaeration for someone of his age.

Really? I'll give him his due, he always gave 100% every time he pulled on a Spurs shirt but acceleration wasnt his strength. He'd do great on Dancing with Ice when he retires, he seems to have got the 360 spin down to a fine art.

on Prem, Villa negated Spurs by keeping high line and were undone by brief moments of expensive quality.

I'm not really sure its accurate to say Villa negated Spurs. As the away side, Spurs had 63% possession and were in control for the most part. Villa had a little spell second half of about 5-10 mins which blew out when Spurs got their second. There's something not quite clicking with Spurs at the moment. For all the possession, its a slow patient build up and we're unable to raise the tempo when we need to. I think the only time we've managed it was when we scored against Chelsea at WHL then we could and should have scored another 2-3 goals in the last 10 minutes of that first half. Its almost as if we're stuck in second gear at the moment. I'm sure it will get better. I think having Sandro back in the team now he has completed his injury rehab will be a major plus.
    Fishead said:

I cant disagree with most of the comments here - we were poor. Parker was the best player on the pitch. I can only hope that we dont break the record for the lowest points total in the prem. Roll on next season when we might win a few games! ;>)

I didnt see the game last night but I've watched you a few times this season. If Holloway manages to keep you up, it'll be nothing short of a miracle tbh. From what I've seen of you, your major problem seems to be keeping possession. Chamakh just doesnt seem capable of holding the ball up and nor does that young lad you've bought (from Peterborough was it?) Your back four and 'keeper have looked ok, its just that they cant spend 90 minutes defending.

The one plus for Palace at the moment is that Sunderland are worse than them. However, looking at the teams just above, Norwich, Stoke, West Ham and Fulham are capable of picking up results on their travels and will generally get decent results at home. Teams will find it difficult going to Cardiff and get a result, as Man City did. Sorry to not be positive but I think you already know how this season will pan out.

Its just so difficult for any team to come up and compete from the Championship now unless that club has a chairman/owner willing to put his hand in his pocket.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Sorry to not be positive but I think you already know how this season will pan out.

All you need to do is look at the history books. Every time the Nigels have gone up they've come straight back down again.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Sorry to not be positive but I think you already know how this season will pan out.

All you need to do is look at the history books. Every time the Nigels have gone up they've come straight back down again.

Thats true but on the bright side of that, the parachute payments they'll receive for 4 years will certainly help and it doesnt appear they've brought anyone in on big money.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Rizzo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Thats true but on the bright side of that, the parachute payments they'll receive for 4 years will certainly help and it doesnt appear they've brought anyone in on big money.
    How the hell is that a bright side??!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Rizzo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Well considering the state they were in a couple of years ago, its a bright side!

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Rizzo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I think JohnBoy is talking from a Palarse point of view. Not from ours.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Rizzo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Well considering the state they were in a couple of years ago, its a bright side!

You're making it sound even worse!

Now that Sunderland have a proper manager in Poyet there I can see them raising above palace. I'm not sure he has what it takes to keep them up though.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Rizzo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

You're making it sound even worse!

Now that Sunderland have a proper manager in Poyet there I can see them raising above palace. I'm not sure he has what it takes to keep them up though.
    Sunderland have looked dire this season and last. At least Palace have shown a bit of energy and passion. Poyet can only work with what he's got. Bearing in mind how much the board backed Di Canio in the summer, will they throw the cheque book at it in the winter transfer window? I doubt it. I think Sunderland are already in the mire.
    Rizzo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Rizzo said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I think JohnBoy is talking from a Palarse point of view. Not from ours.

And yes, I was looking at it from the Palace POV.

• Options
    edited October 2013

Fulham are underachieving because there is great link up play between Parker and Sidwell.

Villa negated Spurs by keeping high line and were undone by brief moments of expensive quality. Like to see us do the same. Defence seems to be moving forward to support midfield more than in recent years.

Fulham are underachieving because of great link up play ?

Scott Parker has unbelieveable acceleration ?

Villa (were comprehensively beaten, could have been by 5) negated Spurs ?

Bizarre statements. Nurse !
  • Options
    Palace will come down with a stack of money and a very strong squad next season in the championship, Holloway on a hiding to nothing - takes them up and then when the are (understandably) struggling, he's for the chop.....even Guadiola(sp) wouldn't keep them up with that squad.

If we by some miracle went up and 8 games in were struggling, would everyone be calling for Powell's head?, I'd rather be in the champ (competing) with CP than getting hammered in the prem without him.
  • Options

Fulham are underachieving because there is great link up play between Parker and Sidwell.

Villa negated Spurs by keeping high line and were undone by brief moments of expensive quality. Like to see us do the same. Defence seems to be moving forward to support midfield more than in recent years.

Fulham are underachieving because of great link up play ?

Scott Parker has unbelieveable acceleration ?

Villa (comprehensively beaten could have been by 5) negated Spurs ?

Bizarre statements. Nurse !
    I'm glad I wasnt the only one who thought that :)

• Options

Palace will come down with a stack of money and a very strong squad next season in the championship, Holloway on a hiding to nothing - takes them up and then when the are (understandably) struggling, he's for the chop.....even Guadiola(sp) wouldn't keep them up with that squad.

I dunno. He bought a shedload of new players in and spent over £18m on fees alone. Maybe not a huge amount but he certainly had cash to spend. I'm not sure he spent it very wisely.

• Options

If we by some miracle went up and 8 games in were struggling, would everyone be calling for Powell's head

If we went up and 8 games in we were top some would still be calling for Powell's head

• Options
    Palace's major problem is that from January, their form in the Championship was lower bottom half. Then you take Murray and Zaha away from that team and the fact they are giving teams a game is credit to Holloway IMO. Without any bitterness - they are so obviously going to go down, so they might as well make sure they are as strong as they can be for a push next season.