Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Captain Phillips

Just seen this in the Cinema, I thought it was a quality film. Always liked Tom Hanks as an actor.

Highly recommend you see this!

Comments

• Saw it last night. Great film, recommend it as well!
  • Great yarn but the camera work made me feel nauseous as I suffer from motion sickness - I only watched it in 2D not IMAX!
  • JonnyK said:

Great yarn but the camera work made me feel nauseous as I suffer from motion sickness - I only watched it in 2D not IMAX!

Sea sick?

• I enjoyed the film and Hanks put in a good performance. However, the plot turns were far too signposted and there was just a little bit too much background on the antagonists which meant for me they didn't carry enough menace. We moan about true story movies diverting too far away from actual events, yet in this case (according to wiki anyway) the actual events might possibly have added more drama - particularly with reference to the supposed character and decisions of Phillips. Still well worth watching though.
  • Disappointed to find out this wasn't about Princess Anne's first husband
  • DRFDRF
    edited October 2013
    If you liked the film I highly recommend Hijacking:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2216240/

Danish film by the guy who wrote Borgen and staring a lot of actors from hits like the Killing. Another true story but about a hijacking which lasted much longer.