Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

@CHATHMuseum

Follow

Ask your followers to follow

Ask any charlton players etc to re-tweet and follow

That is all.

LLL+BH

Comments

• Options

follow

follow

That is all.

LLL+BH

:-)

• Options
    growing and growing
  • Options
    How many are tweeting this?
  • Options
    Is the Chatham Museum any good?
  • Options
    stuck on 99 followers.
  • Options
    Congrats to James F who wins the 100th CAM follower award
  • Options
    105 now. Needs a few more re-tweets and plugs on other sites, blogs, etc please.

Great pic of beer glass liberated from the Valley Boardroom during the exile on there now
  • Options
    In no way intended as a criticism but was @cafcmuseum not available?
  • Options
    Would have to ask SE7toSG3 as he set it up but it's not the CAFC museum. It's the CHarlton ATHletic Museum
  • Options
    Oic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can never refuse an invitation to follow follow !

Loved the old beer glass pic from the 80's. Items like that are so interesting in tracing not only the history of the team but the shared history of our supporters which for me is more important than who scored a goal in what game many moons ago. What connects the founders of our club in 1905 and us today isn't really the results on the pitch, it's our shared passion for this club, it's that which I'm hoping to discover when I visit the museum.
  • Options
    The stuff that has started coming to light already is unbelievable. Could you imagine that there is a Woolwich League winners medal from 1907/8 out there?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    142 147 followers now

Thanks to all
  • Options
    Thanks for everyone who has followed, now at 150
  • Options
    Followed and retweeted to my 1200 odd followers on the Charlton Observer twitter, hopefully may help get a few more followers
  • Options
    Cheers, anyone who uses other sites, blogs, etc could you do the same.

Fascinating stuff from Clive Harris on the history of the club everyday
  • Options
    How we doing ?
    Was told that there was something in the SLP yesterday ?
  • Options
    Not seen that. Anyone got a copy?

172 followers now, news items and donations coming in for which many thanks but more always needed.

Back to the Valley dinner will be a big boost to the coffers if we sell the tickets but these sort of events is a part of the museum aims to present and preserve our heritage.
  • Options
    I've got an already framed signed shirt that I got for my 21st (2003). More than happy to loan to the museum. Just been sat in my dad's loft for 10 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its not much but I've got the box set of the three Charlton biographies (Bartram / Seed and Firmani I think) if the museum wanted these?
  • Options

Congrats to James F who wins the 100th CAM follower award

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZRfaKjIgAAu0sl.jpg:large

This painting has recently been donated to the museum. Can any one help with a date and/or artist or just anymore info. Post 1963 as there are floodlights.
  • Options

When did the C A F C appear on the Grandstand - some time in the 70s?
  • Options

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZRfaKjIgAAu0sl.jpg:large

This painting has recently been donated to the museum. Can any one help with a date and/or artist or just anymore info. Post 1963 as there are floodlights.

brilliant painting ... pity it didn't get in one of your auctions.
  • Options

GHF I can remember a floodlight game in late 61 & it can not be between 64-67 because we were then wearing texas rangers shirts. Does it look like the south terrace is full height or reduced (it was full height in 62) also when did the the main stand gain a flat roof ( 1980 ? ) as you hinted it is probably somtime in the 1970s.

• Options

GHF I can remember a floodlight game in late 61 & it can not be between 64-67 because we were then wearing texas rangers shirts. Does it look like the south terrace is full height or reduced (it was full height in 62) also when did the the main stand gain a flat roof ( 1980 ? ) as you hinted it is probably somtime in the 1970s.

The floodlights started in Sep 61. I think the top of the South was shaved off in 1968, and the South Stand built in 1979. The Grandstand's flat roof was already in place when Mark Hulyer and his Nigerian mate took over in 1982, but I don't think it had been there that long. The picture doesn't show any special perimeter fences. My guess would indeed be 70s.

I hope this wonderful painting will become a real centrepiece of the museum - what a find !

• Options
    Yes, a real find. Thanks to the generous donor who has loaned it to the Museum for a number of years.

Must be 70s but I'm told it was based on the photo that appeared on the programme cover.

Have a look at twitter for a pic of some new items including one of about 60 season scrapbooks. The one shown is from '49/50
  • Options
    Currently have the Rhoys Wiggins League One winners shirt on ebay, what ever it clears over £100 I will donate to the museum fund.