Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

oh what a week that was

Having just spent the last week on holiday, with nothing in special to do I convinced the wife that it would be well spent trying to get a bit more of the waistline shifted, this is how it went,
monday; got a phone call from a mate, played 18 holes on shootershill, won the game with 33 points, retired to the clubhouse, got asked to leave the club at closing time, quite chuffed as I have`nt being playing particually well.
tuesday; had the worst headache I`ve had since the west ham game. Just dossed on the sofa watching cricket.
wednesday; got a phone call from a mate, played 18 holes on shootershill, won the game with 31 points was a bit more pleased than monday, was convinced by a mate to join him and a few others to go football training!!!! that night to aid my so called attempt at getting fit for the Charltonlife game, played a hour on astroturf six a side. retired to the pub until 11.30. was even more pleased that I still had a pulse!!
thursday; no sign of a hangover, mainly because the section of the brain that signals discomfort was screaming in agony, I haven`t felt pain like that for years, my legs were completely knacked, the missus reckoned I was walking like Kenneth More in "Reach for the Sky" stayed in and relaxed for the rest of the day.
friday; played 27 holes of golf in Essex somewhere, with The Bull golf society and somehow managed to win the day, picked up a cracking trophy, and started the evening which would almost certainly end up very messy, returned home 01.00 from a mates house.
saturday; I`ve only just surfaced, to find the wife`s gone shopping shes left me a note to take it easy!! as I`ve had a busy week!!!! next to the note was a folded piece of paper, which turned out to be cl sponsorship forms I dont remember how they got hold of them, but a big thank you to everyone who pledged cash to Demelza House ( some of them read this site), which added up to around £250, absolutely made up.

Comments

• Options
    You must be a lean mean fighting machine by now.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    lol, I wish Curb_it people keep saying, I`ve lost some weight but I only lost a stone and a bit and its just stopped, I think its just because the beer gut is going that I look and feel a bit thinner.
  • Options
    well i've been to the gym this morning, had tuna and jacket potato for lunch, and feel sick as a dog now.

my body wasn't made for gym work....
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    same as with 5 a side, I patrolled the centre circle like Razor Ruddock`s fat cousin, spraying 2 yard passes in all directions, and if the youngster who nutmegged me, and shouted "nuts" is reading this, I`m sorry I closedlined you, but you shouldn`t take the pi%%.